Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:13 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
I don't know why the national news outlets are not covering this. We still do not know who won our gubernatorial race here in CT. It is a MESS! Last night the AP recalled the call for Malloy (D) winning. The election still has NOT been certified by the Secretary of State. I see law suits coming.

Here's a Hartford Courant article about it, it's long, so I didn't past it.

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc ... %3D%3D%3A1

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
This stuff is so exasperating! What can the voters do to get a tamper proof & efficient balloting system so we can end this kind of thing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:10 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
This stuff is so exasperating! What can the voters do to get a tamper proof & efficient balloting system so we can end this kind of thing?

I thought that we had learned from the whole "hanging chad" FL thing. I don't know what we can do, but I don't feel that this election was fair.

They did start to pay attention to this nationally, but they are not reporting the whole story as they are here locally. In Bridgeport they got a court order to hold the polls open until 10:00pm because they did not have enough ballots. There are possible law suits over them using the reverse 911 system to notify everyone that the polls were open until 10:00pm. It is to be used for emergency situations, not political announcements, I do feel that this was an inappropriate use. Also, ballots were being photo copied and given out, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. ID's were not being checked and some places it was reported the people were given $20 to go and vote if they didn't already. Poll Watchers were quitting, one even being taken out by police after he protested ballots being stuffed into a paper bag. Some people were given ballots that had been already filled out (Democrats across the board). "Oh, sorry that was a mistake" they were told. In this day and age, I just can't believe it!

I don't know if Foley will file a law suit, but I for one do not feel that this was a legitimate election. I say bring back the old fashion voting booths!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
Having worked in an elections office for the last 7 years I totally get why sometimes getting definitive "totals" is so difficult.

Everyone needs to know that election night totals are merely "unofficial" and preliminary results. Depending on the state - they may by law be allowed to continue to count after election day: absentee ballots (postmarked by nov 2nd), UOCAVA (military) ballots received, provisional ballots (different states have different names for this, but provisional is just a way of saying that a ballot that may or may not be counted until an independent board can review it - to make sure the voter was indeed registered, or who moved from one precinct to another, or was capable of voting).

In addition you can have many other variables I don't have time to go into. Much of the difficultly depends on the election official (this may be your County Clerk, County Auditor, Comptroller, etc.) in each county - if they are good at their jobs, results are typically going to be good - if they are crappy - their problems are potentially significant such as ballots double counted or "finding" voted ballots many days after the election that were never counted etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Hmmm, kinda like that "bag" of uncounted ballots they found up in CT. :x Notice that those bags of votes that materialize after election day always contain all democrat votes? Purely coincidental I'm sure. :roll: