Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
This is old news but sharing it around christian circles leads me to believe many may have not seen this. I wonder if any heads rolled or election results were thrown out over this. (ha ha not on your life)
Lets hear it for paper ballots with a receipt you keep.
Also video cameras on all involved in ballot counting.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:44 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
I had not heard this story. Was there a link?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Rep. Tom Feeny responds to these allegations in an article from the St. Petersberg Times:
St. Petersberg Times wrote:
Curtis said he developed a program that included invisible buttons on touch screen machines that could alter vote totals, but he does not know whether it was ever used. He said he gave the program to one of his bosses, Li Yang, but did not keep a copy.

Feeney says he doesn't recall ever meeting Curtis and never had a conversation with anyone about fixing elections.

Feeney also points out that touch screen machines were not even contemplated before November 2000, when widely used punch card machines contributed to 36 days of uncertainty over the presidential election.

"All I can tell you is I didn't do any of the illegal things Curtis says I did," Feeney said, "and I didn't lead the purple Martian invasion of Earth either."

Feeney thinks some of the allegations are so hilarious he ordered copies of Curtis' book, Just a Fly on the Wall, as Christmas presents. The book was published by Lightning Source Group, a print-on-demand business that markets through Amazon.com.

Feeney also notes that Curtis never mentioned the accusations until recently.

"He accuses me of participating in or committing treason, murder, even worse - everything you can think of in the book he publishes in the summer of 2004," Feeney complains, "but he doesn't accuse me of tampering with an election until the election controversy in Ohio arose," referring to unproven allegations of voting irregularities in 2004 that some Democrats say cost John Kerry the election.
Curtis later ran as a Democrat against Feeny, but lost.

Though I have my doubts about Curtis' credibility, I am not a fan of the computerized voting. Why can't we have a paper trail?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
I agree we need a paper trail but I am vehemently against getting rid of the computerized voting. I need assistant to vote and before the computers someone had to read and mark the ballot for me and that was intimidating. Now all I have to do is use the adaptive machine which reads the ballot for me and I use a keypad to select my choice and then record my vote.

We do need a paper trail but if it means going back to paper ballots count me out. We must find a way to secure elections without making the process less accessible for people with disabilities.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
why can't the computers print out a paper receipt for us?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
I worked with a lot of programmers over 26 years at a fortune 50 company and the least credible ones had infinitely more credibility than most politicians.
But my main point was about the technology and the electronic machines.

And yes, a receipt for secure storage, as well as one you take home would have been a welcome addition. Problem as I have seen over the years is our technology challenged politicians are nearly incapable of properly addressing anything more technological than a light bulb -- Oops they screwed up big time there too, mandating the mercury laden CF bulbs.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.