Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
According to the latest poll from Public Policy poling, New Gingrich is now leading the field with 23 % of the vote, compared to 21 % for Mike Huckabee, 19 % for Mitt Romney and 17 % for Sarah Palin.

Huckabees favorables are up; 64/11
Romney is at 59/14
Palin has the highest with 70/14, but it doesn't seem to translate into votes.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... leads.html

/John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
And the beat goes on.

Trend continues -- Huck has great net favorabilities, right up at the top, within the MOE -- and he has the best growth ability. AND -- the party hasn't even begun yet.

Go Team Huck 2012

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
The trend seems to be: Gingrich and Romney seem to swap places depending on who has the most 2012 talk at the time of the poll. Huckabee never seems to be on the 2012 talk but always polls either first or second in national polling for 2012. Palin is always in the 2012 talk but never pulls better than third in national 2012 polls and her favorability is always sky high with Republicans but it is not transcending into support for POTUS. Huckabee always seems to have strong votes and favorabilities in all of the polls.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
I tend to believe that both Huck and Palin wont run. I hope Huck still runs if Sarah does, he is our best chance to beat Obama.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Definately seems that Gingrich and Romney, and Palin to some extent, are all fighting over the same crowd of voters, much as I thought would be the case. All of which is very good for Huck. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Quote:
The trend seems to be: Gingrich and Romney seem to swap places depending on who has the most 2012 talk at the time of the poll. Huckabee never seems to be on the 2012 talk but always polls either first or second in national polling for 2012. Palin is always in the 2012 talk but never pulls better than third in national 2012 polls and her favorability is always sky high with Republicans but it is not transcending into support for POTUS. Huckabee always seems to have strong votes and favorabilities in all of the polls.

Excellent analysis -- I agree wholeheartedly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Had O'Reilly on in the background while preparing dinner tonight. They were talking about the latest polling on favorability (not sure specifically which one they were discussing). A Democratic commentator said that all of these potential candidates had bad favorability numbers except "surprisingly"Huckabee. Yay, someone at Fox finally noticed! Of course, it had to be a Democrat. Wish O'Reilly had been there to see if he commented on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I noticed that Bret Baier had the Palin vs Romney kerfluffle on his show tonight-I think it was on the political grapevine.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Oh, yes, and Hannity had to bring up that Palin was running even with Obama in a recent poll. Oh my!!! No one else was mentioned, of course. He then spent the next several minutes drooling over her and trying his best to get his panel to do the same. The Democratic lawyer (very famous - can't remember her name right now) said something like yes, the Democrats were absolutely hoping she was the one running against Obama (in other words, she would be the easiest to beat).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:33 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Had O'Reilly on in the background while preparing dinner tonight. They were talking about the latest polling on favorability (not sure specifically which one they were discussing). A Democratic commentator said that all of these potential candidates had bad favorability numbers except "surprisingly"Huckabee. Yay, someone at Fox finally noticed! Of course, it had to be a Democrat. Wish O'Reilly had been there to see if he commented on it.
I heard that too. Of course she's making excuses for the Dems. in D.C. but even she had to admit that Huckabee is well liked.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
juditupp wrote:
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
I heard that too. Of course she's making excuses for the Dems. in D.C. but even she had to admit that Huckabee is well liked.

I saw it on the repeat late last night - I thought it was interesting that they had some film clips of Huck from 2008 shown while she was talking - that had to be preplanned so she must have known she was going to mention Huck. Clearly it was part of her planned analysis.

This really encourages me because we had some intelligent discussion regarding the Gov - something that is usually left out by the media pundits.

I don't know how much longer the talking heads will ignore Huck in the 2012 discussion. After the Gallup and PPP polling they will have to accept he is top tier.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:13 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Iowa for Huckabee,

I noticed that too about Hannity. Now we know who he will be pushing for 2012-Palin (at least it's not Romney).

O'Reilly is pushing Romney, but I look for him to convert to Palin when Romney's poll numbers continue to fall.

Rush Limbaugh is a Palin fan. Laura Ingraham used to push for Romney, don't know if she has changed to Palin. I am not sure who Ann Coulter is pushing (used to be Romney).

These guys and gals have to know that Palin's quitting with only 2 1/2 yrs. as Gov. will be her downfall because that is what Obama had and look how his lack of experience hurt him.

They aren't giving Gingrich any thought either (besides Huckabee). Now Gingrich (who is also a Fox News contributor) knows what Huckabee has been put through in the last election. :balling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 pm 
Lieutenant General

PPP is now polling Nevada and Florida. Let's really hope for some good Huckanumbers in those early states. Nevada specifically, since they could be one of only four early states next time (the other being Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina).

Last time in March Huckabee was down 52 - 21 in Florida. On the other, Magellan strategies showed that with Gingrich and Pawlenty added, Romney fell to 29 %. Soft support indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
The main problem with this poll, when viewed on liberal blogs, is that it is only a poll of Republican voters. Thus it is dismissed. It would be far more telling if Huckabee were compared to probable Democratic candidates.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:02 pm 
Lieutenant General

I don't know what you mean. This is a poll of republican voters because the poll is about the republican primary.

There are match-ups against Obama too, that was another poll released the day before.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... obama.html