Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ ... AK_901.pdf

From PPP's latest tweet (link above contains full poll)

Quote:
If Sarah Palin runs for President in 2012 she can't count on a whole lot of support back home. 62% of Alaska Republicans are opposed to her making a White House bid and she gets only 17% in a hypothetical 2012 primary in the state tying for her second with Mike Huckabee behind Mitt Romney.

It's not that Alaska Republicans don't like Palin- a majority of them still do. But there's a significant disconnect between GOP voters in the state liking Palin and thinking she should run for President, a divide we've seen with Republicans nationally and one that presents the biggest threat to a possible Palin candidacy. Even among voters with a favorable opinion of Palin in the state just 39% think she should launch a 2012 bid.

Romney gets 20% to 17% for Palin and Huckabee, 16% for Newt Gingrich, and 10% for Ron Paul. Among Republicans with a favorable opinion of Palin she pulls only 30% and not surprisingly she gets just 3% with ones who don't like her.

The italics are mine -- but I could not have said it better.

In her home statae of AK, they are all tied up and within the 3.5% MOE:

Romney...........................20%
Huckabee........................17%
Palin...............................17%
Gingrich...........................16%
Paul................................10%

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
You know, poll after poll will come in and it still won't stop PDS (Palin Denial Syndrome).

This is a great poll for Huck as he got blown by Romney (he was the only one with the money to compete there) in Alaska in 2008.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:16 pm 
***** General

Quote:
Iowans Rock wrote:

You know, poll after poll will come in and it still won't stop PDS (Palin Denial Syndrome).

That's right -- all of which will ultimately detonate the Palin-Implosion and Huckaboom II all the more!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:41 pm 
General

Liked: 71
This has got to be the deciding factor for some wanting to run for President. If you have to struggle to win your own state than you should not run. I don't think Romey's a slam dunk in MA either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I thought this was interesting from GOP12.com

http://www.gop12.com/2010/09/romney-bea ... laska.html

Quote:
Here's something fascinating. Sarah Palin gets a 14%/28% favorability rating among Romney voters.

An interesting question would be how many of those Romney voters are, explicitly, Romney voters because they want to deny Palin the nomination and how many are bananas for Mitt because they think he's the bee's knees (in other words, what's driving their support?)

By contrast, Newt's supporters look favorably on Sarah Palin (20%/12%), while Huck's are nearly evenly split on the former half-term governor (16%/18%).

I would have to say, that amongst us at HA, that sounds about right with the 16/18 favorability on Palin.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
With Alaska having such a strong pro-life movement up there, it should be a state that Huck wins. The only thing stopping that would be a lack of financial resources. We can't let that happen!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:14 pm 
***** General

Quote:
Fiscal Conservative wrote:

This has got to be the deciding factor for some wanting to run for President. If you have to struggle to win your own state than you should not run. I don't think Romey's a slam dunk in MA either.

Absolutely -- if you are having trouble carrying your state in the primary you absolutely should not be considering a run. In my opinion, Gingrich will not carry GA (or any other southern state), but he was a congressman a long time ago and not as widely connected with the home state -- more as the Speaker of the House; Romney will carry MA as he did in 2008. But no one of the four top contenders will carry their home state as will Gov. Huckabee. That speaks volumes, since he served for 10-1/2 years as governor.

As for Palin, without any malice intended at all -- sincerely -- I cannot imagine any potential candidate with such dreadful net negatives, polarization and horrific results in her home state even contemplating a run. But as long as the media (primarily liberal media) keeps propping her up, she may very well be foolish enough to heed their spin. She will humiliate herself -- so for her sake, I hope she does not run. For Huckabee's sake, it really doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Again today I had someone at work tell me that he hopes the GOP doesn't run Palin against Obama (he used a more derogative term to describe BO :lol: ) due to her having no chance of winning (and he didn't have kind words for her either :shock: ). I have had so many Republicans say the same thing to me over the last year. The rank and file GOPers know she would lose against Obama, but as Voter just said, as long as the Levin's and Hannity's of the world continue to fawn over her, she might just think she's the cats meow.

On another note, I saw a minivan at the WalMart shopping center with two "Huckabee in 2012" bumper stickers the other day. Very nice to see! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:08 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
goalieman wrote:
On another note, I saw a minivan at the WalMart shopping center with two "Huckabee in 2012" bumper stickers the other day. Very nice to see! :D

I'm also sporting my "Huckabee 2012" bumper sticker! :like

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
I have my Mike Huckabee 2012 bumper sticker on my car and I still have the one from last election.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
goalieman wrote:
The rank and file GOPers know she would lose against Obama, but as Voter just said, as long as the Levin's and Hannity's of the world continue to fawn over her, she might just think she's the cats meow.

But I believe this is so much to GH's favor! Think about it - when Levin & Hannity are promoting Palin to an audience that largely thinks she would be a sure loss, they are totally undermining their own credibility. So by the time they start working to undermine our guy again, how many people are going to listen to them? I hope they go right on stumping for her! :twisted: