Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
This is the kind of poll that people inside the Beltway will pay attention to. Huckabee beats Obama by a wide margin, yet Palin loses by a wide margin. This is Palin's Achilles heel. Romney isn't going anywhere as a candidate. He had every advantage in 2008 and still lost. In 2012, he starts on an even playing field with Huckabee (if Huckabee runs), and Romney has to defend Romneycare, tantamount to having to defend Obamacare in the Republican primaries. Good luck with that! Like I've been thinking for a while, Huckabee is clearly the best candidate to beat Obama and the favorite to win the nomination if he runs. Why more people don't see what is obvious is puzzling.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
EricB wrote:
This is the kind of poll that people inside the Beltway will pay attention to. Huckabee beats Obama by a wide margin, yet Palin loses by a wide margin. This is Palin's Achilles heel. Romney isn't going anywhere as a candidate. He had every advantage in 2008 and still lost. In 2012, he starts on an even playing field with Huckabee (if Huckabee runs), and Romney has to defend Romneycare, tantamount to having to defend Obamacare in the Republican primaries. Good luck with that! Like I've been thinking for a while, Huckabee is clearly the best candidate to beat Obama and the favorite to win the nomination if he runs. Why more people don't see what is obvious is puzzling.

They don't want to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:17 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Trox wrote:
Time to get the Huckabee for President signs out of the barn. I know it's early but they have been sitting there for over two years and are ready to be put to work again.

As soon as he announces I've already got the signs ready to put out in the yard!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Somebody pinch me. These polling numbers coming right after Tuesday's great results and Huckabee scoring big? Awesome.

Love the one article that says Huckabee could be the GOP's next Reagan. Don't let Palin people see that because they think (including Palin herself) that people not taking her seriously because of her reality show is just like people not taking Reagan seriously because he did Bedtime for Bonzo. They seem to ignore the fact that Reagan completed two full terms as California's governor in between Bedtime for Bonzo and the Presidency. He didn't quit his governorship to do TV.

Well, if pudits want to spin the limelight away from Huckabee they could use this information that puts him, Romney, and Palin in a three-way tie for the nomination. Although, that doesn't hold a candle to the poll that shows Huckabee blowing away Obama. :D

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Rasmussen-Romney-Palin-Huckabee/2010/11/04/id/376067

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Quote:
Drudge now has a link to the story near the top center of his page! Spread the word, Huckabee in 2012!!!

I sent it in the Drudge earlier. Don't know if that had an impact.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
PrinciplesMatter wrote:
Quote:
Drudge now has a link to the story near the top center of his page! Spread the word, Huckabee in 2012!!!

Nice job!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
AOL story... on the CNN poll.

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/artic ... s/19703190

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:36 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Weekly Standard...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cnn ... 14819.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
charleslawlesss wrote:

These kinds of things really irk me, and so I must respond. Thank you to Charles for the link. This is how the weekly standard titled their article:

Quote:
CNN Polls 2012: Romney and Huckabee Lead Obama; Palin and Gingrich Trail
1:42 PM, Nov 4, 2010 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

So we know who they will be pushing in 2012.

How Huckabee leads by 8 and is above the 50% threshold and they can't start the title with Huckabee's name is beyond me.

If it bothers you, like it did me, you can email the author:
John McCormack at editor@weeklystandard.com

Be sure to include his name in the memo section so that he knows your email is directed at him.

Thanks.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm 
*** General

I wouldn't worry too much about Romney. He's the establishment candidate and support Obamacare so he will lose.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
EricB wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about Romney. He's the establishment candidate and support Obamacare so he will lose.

I disagree about not worrying about Romney. Even with Obamacare, he will be our main opponent hands down. There simply is no one else polling in the same ballpark as Huckabee besides Mitt.

If Sarah does run (I'm not convinced she will), I think she will be the spoiler and this elections Fred Thompson.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:22 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

I think Huckabee should make a deal with Palin, If he wins Iowa shes out and endorses him, If she wins Iowa, he bows out and endorses her.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm 
*** General

Current polling about the Republican primary, as interesting as it is, doesn't matter a whole lot. It measures name recognition. Potential matchups, such as Huckabee vs. Obama, do matter because it's polling the general electorate. Also, voters will more quickly change who they support in a primary than in the general election, so candidates can come from behind quickly in a primary. We saw that happen with Huckabee in 2008 where he came from out of nowhere. Once voters start to pay attention, which won't happen in the early states until the fall of 2011, then we'll get a better idea. I think Romney's campaign, if he runs, will fall apart late in 2011, despite his millions.

Post subject: Huck on top for 2012!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so here it is, Huck on top in CNN's latest head to head matchups of GOP contenders vs. Obama........

Quote:
Poll: GOP candidates top Obama in hypothetical 2012 race
By the CNN Political Unit
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is the favorite for the GOP 2012 presidential nominationFormer Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is a close second
Nearly three-quarters of Democrats say they want to see the party renominate Barack Obama in 2012
Washington (CNN) -- His party got its clock cleaned in Tuesday's midterm elections, but President Barack Obama still remains competitive in some hypothetical 2012 presidential election matchups, especially against Sarah Palin, a new poll shows.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday also indicates that at the unofficial start of the race for the Republican presidential nomination, the field of possible contenders appears wide open with no front-runner.

Twenty-one percent of Republicans say they would most likely support 2008 GOP White House candidate and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee for their party's 2012 presidential nomination, according to the poll. :D
The number is 20 percent for another 2008 Republican presidential hopeful, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

Fourteen percent say they support Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, with 12 percent backing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia.

The remaining candidates, whose names were all in single digits, are led by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who also ran for the GOP presidential nomination the last time around, followed by Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana, and former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania.

The poll's release comes as Santorum visits New Hampshire to give a speech about the midterm election results and the future of the Republican party. No one has yet to announce a bid for the GOP nomination.

In a possible general election showdown, Obama leads Palin 52-44 percent among all registered voters.

"Looking ahead to 2012, it may be too early to count Barack Obama out, particularly if Sarah Palin is his opponent," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "The former Alaska governor gets a lot of attention, but she is in third place when Republicans are asked to pick a presidential nominee, and in a hypothetical matchup with Obama she is arguably the weakest candidate of the top-tier GOP hopefuls."

In a hypothetical 2012 matchup, Huckabee leads Obama 52 - 44 percent, while Romney has a 50-45 point advantage, which is within the poll's sampling error. Obama holds a 49-47 percent margin over Gingrich.

The poll indicates that four in 10 have a favorable opinion of Palin, with nearly half saying they have an unfavorable view.

Romney has a 36 percent favorable rating and a 29 percent unfavorable rating, with 35 percent unsure.

Forty-two percent say they see Huckabee in a positive light, with 26 percent saying they hold a negative view and just over three in 10 are unsure.

Gingrich has 32 percent favorable rating, with four in 10 saying they have an unfavorable view, and 28 percent unsure.

On the Democratic side, nearly three-quarters of Democrats say they want to see the party renominate Obama in 2012.

Why does that matter?

"No incumbent president has faced a significant primary challenge and gone on to win re-election in November, Holland added. "Contested primaries make incumbents look weak and overly-political, and prevent the incumbent from building up goodwill while the opposition party candidates are fighting among themselves."

Avoiding a primary challenge won't guarantee Obama victory in November 2012, but the fact that 73 percent of Democrats want to see the party renominate Obama may scare off any Democrats who are contemplating a run against him, and that gets him one step closer to a second term.

The poll of 1,006 adult Americans, of which 921 were registered voters, was conducted by phone October 27-30, before the midterm elections.

The sample also included 500 respondents who describe themselves as Republicans or independents who lean Republican, and 453 respondents who describe themselves as Democrats or independents who lean Democratic. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

CNN also conducted exit polls on Election Day in some of the states that vote first in the presidential primary calendar.

In Iowa, 21 percent of Republicans questioned as they exited the voting booth said that Romney was their likely choice in the 2012 Iowa caucuses, with Huckabee also at 21 percent, Palin at 18 percent, Gingrich at 7 percent and one in five saying they would support another possible candidate.

In New Hampshire, 39 percent of Republicans said that Romney is their likely choice in the state's primary, with Palin at 18 percent, Huckabee at 11 percent, Gingrich at eight percent and 19 percent saying they would back another possible contender.

Twenty-five percent of South Carolina Republicans say Palin would be their likely primary choice, followed by Huckabee at 24 percent, Romney at 21 percent and Gingrich at 10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:27 pm 
Captain

Liked: 3
Wondering when someone was going to post this. 8 points! Yep, pretty unelectable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:34 pm 
Captain

Liked: 3
Btw, Drudge headlined this "GOP candidates top Obama"... Of course he had to do that with Huck on top and Palin losing.
Also, I saw this on CNN... Only thing mentioned is how Obama beats Palin.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Darn, didn't see this posted here and I went ahead and posted it on a different thread. It's news that should be everywhere though! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
PrinciplesMatter wrote:
Quote:

Me too. I can't believe they actually listened to us!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:32 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Very very interesting idea Charles. I think that would be a very smart move for both of them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Sorry goalieman...already being discussed here :)

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=23723

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next