Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Hi

Palin has surprisingly started to win some polls. Biggest surprise is she leads in Maine, (23 % to Romney's 18 %). But also in Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Huckabee comes in second in all those, just 2-3 % behind (and with a margin of error of 5.9 %, they are essentially tied).

Pawlenty wins his home state with 19 % to Palin's 18 %, Huckabee's 14 % and Romney and Gingrich with 11 % each.

What's notable is the bad news for Romney, who seems to be losing ground everywhere and not posing any really good results. Sure, he wins Florida (28 % to 22 % for Palin and 15 % for Huckabee), but that is still down from his 31 % in July - though with such a big MoE, that might not be saying very much. However, Romney has totally imploded in Wisconsin - from 32 % in March to 12 % now. That's good news - he's the biggest threat after all.

Huckabee MUST win Texas and West Virginia. He is within the margin of error in those states, but it sure would have felt better if he had won.

The next six polls will be posted early next week: Alaska (wonder how Palin's doing), Kentucky, Nevada, Ohio, Washington and North Carolina).

/John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Meh, Huck is in it and that is what counts.

I'll just sit back and watch Sarah Palin implode all by herself the more she is in the spotlight. I see where she called people who question women with small children who work outside the home as "Neanderthals."

Add that one to her colorful and presidential vocabulary.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
The only one that matters is Iowa. If he wins there, he'll gain everywhere. By the time most of the states vote, the nomination will already be decided.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:05 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
I'm a bit worried about Florida. I'd like to see him become a top-tier there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:27 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
EricB wrote:
The only one that matters is Iowa. If he wins there, he'll gain everywhere. By the time most of the states vote, the nomination will already be decided.

This is very true.

German4Huckabee wrote:
I'm a bit worried about Florida. I'd like to see him become a top-tier there.

I agree, but I do not doubt that he will have Rubio behind him if he wins IA and SC, besides the fact that he lives there now and is making inroads.

He has Vander Plaats in IA and Rubio in FL, but who does he have in SC? I would like to see him with a strong ally in SC, though, of course, Hogan Gidley used to head up the Republican Party in SC in some capacity, though I am forgetting precisely what.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Iowans Rock wrote:
Meh, Huck is in it and that is what counts.

I'll just sit back and watch Sarah Palin implode all by herself the more she is in the spotlight. I see where she called people who question women with small children who work outside the home as "Neanderthals."

Add that one to her colorful and presidential vocabulary.

Nice to know she considers traditionalist family structure barbaric and regressive.

I've reached the point where I shudder at some of what she says. Her Discovery Channel Alaska special has a promo out with her saying, "'I would much rather be out here (the wilderness) than in some stuffy political office."

....well....I'd rather you were there too. :wink:

Please, this is just shooting fish in a barrel. The line is such a set up. It begs to be retorted or mocked especially since her time in the great outdoors is hers to spend only because she's not finishing her term in the stuffy political office of governor of the great wilderness state she claims to loves so much.

And by the way...academic snob alert...

Actually Neanderthals are today believed to have included both women and children in their hunting parties. There were no "stay at home" Neanderthals. It was Homo Sapiens who divided labor by sex-typing. Neanderthals had the "progressive" egalitarian model valued today. Neanderthals went extinct. Divided labor is currently thought to be one of the great survival advantages possessed by Homo Sapiens.

Quote:
December 5, 2006
"So what did Neanderthal women do all day?"

The usual evidence of division of labor by sex -- needles, small animal remains, grinding stones -- is missing, so anthropologists Steven L. Kuhn and Mary C. Stiner theorize that the women must have joined the men in hunting for large animals. But -- assuming the theory is correct -- don't cheer over the modern-seeming enlightenment of the Neanderthals. The Neanderthals died out, and our ancestors, with their division of labor, won the struggle for survival.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Southern Doc wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:

Actually Neanderthals are today believed to have included both women and children in their hunting parties. There were no "stay at home" Neanderthals. It was Homo Sapiens who divided labor by sex-typing. Neanderthals had the "progressive" egalitarian model valued today. Neanderthals went extinct. Divided labor is currently thought to be one of the great survival advantages possessed by Homo Sapiens.

Quote:
December 5, 2006

The usual evidence of division of labor by sex -- needles, small animal remains, grinding stones -- is missing, so anthropologists Steven L. Kuhn and Mary C. Stiner theorize that the women must have joined the men in hunting for large animals. But -- assuming the theory is correct -- don't cheer over the modern-seeming enlightenment of the Neanderthals. The Neanderthals died out, and our ancestors, with their division of labor, won the struggle for survival.

Well, Sarah does go Moose hunting, soooooo maybe she has some decendency with the Neanderthals? :lol:

Interesting that even evolutionary scientists are now admitting that the Neanderthals were at least part human. Puts a bit of a cloud on their "ape to man" theory. 8)

As long as Huck is competitive in these polls, that's all that really matters. Romney losing steam to Palin is what many here expected and has to be worrisome for Mittens. All the talk that Huck and Palin draw from the same pool of voters is inaccurate, it's her and Romney that draw from the same talk radio/pundit crowd.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
goalieman wrote:
Southern Doc wrote:

Quote:
December 5, 2006

Well, Sarah does go Moose hunting, soooooo maybe she has some decendency with the Neanderthals? :lol:

Interesting that even evolutionary scientists are now admitting that the Neanderthals were at least part human. Puts a bit of a cloud on their "ape to man" theory. 8)

Talking about Neanderthals, there I have to chip in as a Molecular Biologist. :)
Previous research (based on mitochondrial DNA comparisons) seemed to point to a not very close relatedness to Homo sapiens (thus any one of us). However, in February/March 2010 a draft of the complete Neanderthal genome was completed and published and from that it could be concluded that there has been genetic flow between Homo sapiens and Neanderthals (intermarriage). This seems to corroborate the view of those Scientists who see Neanderthals as a mere subgroup of Homo sapiens.

Iowans Rock wrote:
I see where she called people who question women with small children who work outside the home as "Neanderthals."

Did she really say that? Has anyone a source? This is very disappointing. I would expect something like that coming from a Liberal, but this is like being shot in the back by one of your own. Doesn't she now under what attack the family already is and all those Mums who choose to stay at home, because they want to do what they believe is best for their kids and family? I don't like this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
German4Huckabee wrote:
Did she really say that? Has anyone a source? This is very disappointing. I would expect something like that coming from a Liberal, but this is like being shot in the back by one of your own. Doesn't she now under what attack the family already is and all those Mums who choose to stay at home, because they want to do what they believe is best for their kids and family? I don't like this.

She did say it....I believe it was during one of her appearances on Fox News on mid-term election night.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:53 pm 

Liked: 152
Steadfast wrote:
German4Huckabee wrote:

She did say it....I believe it was during one of her appearances on Fox News on mid-term election night.

http://conservativetimes.org/?p=6815

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
My daughter was reading a blog at Vision Forum, by its founder Doug Phillips. Some of you homeschoolers may be familiar with it. Anyway, he had a post about Palin's comments where she calls people like him a Neanderthal, and he had the video posted if you want to see her comments for yourself.

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

He posted it on Nov. 5. She may have said the same thing elsewhere, but at least this one was on Fox News.

Being a Neanderthal myself, you will understand that my immediate response was a reflexive and decidedly guttural "Ugh". Now let me slink back into my cave and take a nap while my mate does all the mundane unimportant domestic chores like educate, nourish, and guide our offspring.