Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:23 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Quote:

TRENDING: CNN 2012 Poll: Obama and Palin going in different directions?

Washington (CNN) – As the start of the next presidential campaign nears, a new national poll suggests that President Barack Obama's tax-cut compromise with congressional Republicans did not hurt his standing among Democrats, while former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may be dropping in the eyes of Republicans.

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday, 78 percent of Democrats questioned in the poll say they want to see Obama at the top of their party's ticket in 2012, with only 19 percent saying they would prefer someone else as the Democratic presidential nominee. The 19 percent figure is the lowest figure since March, when the question was first asked.


More here:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... irections/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Notice how even though Huckabee did the best in this poll, the headline, picture and story focus on Palin...frustrating!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:53 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 4803
Location: Texas
Likes: 90
Liked: 259
They don't even list Huckabee's actual numbers in the write up. You have to click the pdf to get the data. Parantheses are the numbers from December 2008.

Huckabee 67% (65%) +2
Romney 59% (61%) -2
Gingrich 54% (52%) +2
Palin 49% (67%) -18

_________________
ConservTexan

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:42 am
Posts: 799
Likes: 0
Liked: 54
If one combines "Very likely" and "Somewhat likely"

Huckabee 67%
Romney 59%
Gingrich 54%
Palin 49%

If "Not very likely" and "Not likely at all" is combined

Palin 51%
Gingrich 44%
Romney 40%
Huckabee 31%

Huckabee is the most liked and the least disliked, both by fairly large margins and yet Palin is the headline.

Well it seems to be working out fine for Huckabee to be neglected and overshadowed by Palin so maybe we should not complain too much … right? She may very well be performing a good service with her stardom and her threat of wreaking the party train.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm
Posts: 2363
Location: Iowa
Likes: 51
Liked: 211
Palin will always be the headline grab until she completely demolishes herself. Articles use her name as a draw because they know that people are tempted to click just like they are tempted to go look at a train wreck.

The real news here is Huck. Two years of being ignored or bashed and rarely complimented has led his support to stay firm and even increase. Whatever is going on here it is working beautifully.

I am a little worried about an Obama rebound and if he is beatable.....the biggest factor of a Huckabee candidacy.

_________________
"We fought, we dreamed, that dream is still with us."
Ronald Reagan, 1976


TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:19 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:23 pm
Posts: 2158
Likes: 4
Liked: 32
Iowans Rock wrote:
Palin will always be the headline grab until she completely demolishes herself. Articles use her name as a draw because they know that people are tempted to click just like they are tempted to go look at a train wreck.

The real news here is Huck. Two years of being ignored or bashed and rarely complimented has led his support to stay firm and even increase. Whatever is going on here it is working beautifully.

I am a little worried about an Obama rebound and if he is beatable.....the biggest factor of a Huckabee candidacy.


You are absolutely right -- that is the biggest factor of a Huckabee candidacy.

It all depends on the economy. If the economy flounders or moves upward, but slowly -- in other words, unless we are in a booming economy -- then Obama is beatable -- but it will depend on his rival. For all these reasons I believe the GOP establishment/elite will more behind Huckabee more quickly than I originaly thought.

We shall see. But from his perspective, Huckabee is in as good a place as he could have wished for -- Romney and Palin are the extreme opposite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:52 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:32 pm
Posts: 670
Location: Mansfield Center, CT
Likes: 17
Liked: 12
Politico's Ben Smith has taken notice.

Quote:
December 28, 2010


Huckabee's strength

A new national CNN poll shows that Sarah Palin lost ground among Republican voters, with 49 percent backing a potential presidential bid. That's an 18-percentage-point drop from when the same question was asked in December 2008. On the other hand, Mike Huckabee is showing formidable strength:

Two-thirds of Republicans questioned say they would likely support Huckabee as their nominee in 2012. The former Arkansas governor and 2008 GOP presidential candidate is considering another bid for the White House. So is another candidate from the previous presidential election, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Fifty-nine percent of Republicans say they would likely support Romney. That number drops to 54 percent for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, who is also contemplating a run for the White House.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... ml?showall

_________________
The happy Union of these States is a wonder; their Constitution is a miracle; their example the hope of Liberty throughout the world.
James Madison, September 1829


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:58 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Newsmax posted...you will get a chuckle out of the picture...

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Poll ... /id/381281


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:28 pm 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:42 am
Posts: 799
Likes: 0
Liked: 54
Steadfast wrote:
Newsmax posted...you will get a chuckle out of the picture...

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Poll ... /id/381281

You are right. You would think they could have found a better picture of Huckabee to go along with their title. He looks so old and wrinkled, and maybe even a little shifty in that shot. I mean who would want to vote for him if he looked like that all the time? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:33 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 am
Posts: 1588
Location: Little Rock, AR
Likes: 9
Liked: 21
byourCreator wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
Newsmax posted...you will get a chuckle out of the picture...

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Poll ... /id/381281

You are right. You would think they could have found a better picture of Huckabee to go along with their title. He looks so old and wrinkled, and maybe even a little shifty in that shot. I mean who would want to vote for him if he looked like that all the time? :lol:


How's this look? :-D

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 pm 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:42 am
Posts: 799
Likes: 0
Liked: 54
Jack_Somers81 wrote:
byourCreator wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
Newsmax posted...you will get a chuckle out of the picture...

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Poll ... /id/381281

You are right. You would think they could have found a better picture of Huckabee to go along with their title. He looks so old and wrinkled, and maybe even a little shifty in that shot. I mean who would want to vote for him if he looked like that all the time? :lol:


How's this look? :-D

Image

Now there is a leader I can vote for. But, you really must look at the picture in the link Steadfast posted to appreciate the contrast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:42 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 am
Posts: 1588
Location: Little Rock, AR
Likes: 9
Liked: 21
Yeah...I get it. :-P

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:21 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 2120
Likes: 509
Liked: 440
Maybe we should write them and point out that they put the wrong picture in, maybe it was an error..... :roll: :wall :wall-yellow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 4803
Location: Texas
Likes: 90
Liked: 259
Here is a link to newsmax email page:

http://www.newsmax.com/contact/editors? ... /id/381281

_________________
ConservTexan

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:20 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
So, if Huck were to win against Obama in 2012, I'm wondering whose picture will be on the front pages? How do headline writers and editors get away with this stuff?

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:04 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts: 960
Likes: 3
Liked: 58
If Huckabee wins, frontpage will read "Palin twitters congratulations to Huckabee" ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm
Posts: 2363
Location: Iowa
Likes: 51
Liked: 211
Wendero wrote:
If Huckabee wins, frontpage will read "Palin twitters congratulations to Huckabee" ;)


No, it will be "Palin tweets 'Congrats to new President" and then while talking about it Fox will play a video of her and Greta building a snowman in Alaska.

_________________
"We fought, we dreamed, that dream is still with us."
Ronald Reagan, 1976


TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:36 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Iowans Rock wrote:
Wendero wrote:
If Huckabee wins, frontpage will read "Palin twitters congratulations to Huckabee" ;)


No, it will be "Palin tweets 'Congrats to new President" and then while talking about it Fox will play a video of her and Greta building a snowman in Alaska.


That's the funniest thing ever!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:44 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 am
Posts: 1588
Location: Little Rock, AR
Likes: 9
Liked: 21
tdavisjr wrote:
How do headline writers and editors get away with this stuff?

It's a good question. They won't be able to do it forever, though. Our guy is rising to the top.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:54 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Jack_Somers81 wrote:
Our guy is rising to the top.


I like the way that sounds!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY