Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: State By State Polling
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
I'm sure most know, but I've been keeping records of all Primary polling numbers, and as some have asked, I have finally had some time to create the document and upload it. It is located in the stickied "Republican Primary 2012 Polls Thread", but I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that the new post in that thread was not just an update.

You can use this thread to make suggestions how to make it more readable or how to better arrange.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I like graphs, is there any way you can convert the data into a graph? So we have mulitple ways to look at the data.

Perhaps just a graph of Huckabee's numbers?

Thanks for all your great work Brett.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Yes...great job!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:02 pm 

Liked: 152
Brett,
Is there any way that you could highlight with different colors for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places?

ConservTexan,
If the new chart is not what you were looking for, could you post a link of a graph similar to what you were wanting so Brett has some idea of what you're looking for?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:19 pm 
***** General

ConservTexan wrote:
I like graphs, is there any way you can convert the data into a graph? So we have mulitple ways to look at the data.

Perhaps just a graph of Huckabee's numbers?

Thanks for all your great work Brett.

What kind of graph were you thinking of?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:22 pm 
***** General

GrannyT wrote:
Brett,
Is there any way that you could highlight with different colors for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places?

I thought about it, but I thought that it may look too much like a Christmas tree and could affect the readability.

Question to everyone: Should there be better differentiation between the states, ie does it all blend together too much?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:42 am 

I'm not sure if this will work or if it fits the desires of what some of you were looking for; but I'll give it a try. This information is only from the PPP poll results reported since Nov. 9th using polling from each state only once (just the most recent poll)

Current summary:

Huckabee has won:
1st place in 7 states plus tied for 1st in one (IL, PA, AK, KY, VA, MO, FL tied in MI)
2nd place in 7 states (CT, NH, TX, WV, MT, OH, WI)
3rd place in 3 states and tied for 3rd in two (ME, WA, MN tied in CA, NC)
4th place in 3 states (CO, NV, MA)

Palin has won:
1st place in 7 states plus tied for 1st in one (ME, TX, WV, WA, MT, OH, WI tied in NC)
2nd place in 5 states plus tied for 2nd in two (CA, KY, MO, MA, MN tied in CO, PA)
3rd place in 4 states plus tied for 3rd in one (IL, NV, VA, MI tied in NH)
4th place in 3 states (CT, AK, FL)

Romney has won:
1st place in 6 states plus tied for 1st in one (CA, CO, CT, NH, NV, MA tied in MI)
2nd place in 3 states plus tied for 2nd in two (ME, WA, FL tied in AK, PA
tied for 3rd place in three states (tied in TX, WV, NC)
4th place in 8 states (IL, KY, VA, MT, MO, MN, OH, WI)

I tried to create a chart using Excel, but I can't figure out how to attach either an Excel or a Word document.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:54 am 
Private

Liked: 2
Great work bmk2307! That is a very informative chart, and thanks for the synopsis Granny T. It's so nice to see people involved in a organized grassroots manner. Also nice to see Huck performing so well in the polls. I expect they will only get better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 pm 
***** General

GrannyT wrote:
I'm not sure if this will work or if it fits the desires of what some of you were looking for; but I'll give it a try. This information is only from the PPP poll results reported since Nov. 9th using polling from each state only once (just the most recent poll)

Current summary:

Huckabee has won:
1st place in 7 states plus tied for 1st in one (IL, PA, AK, KY, VA, MO, FL tied in MI)
2nd place in 7 states (CT, NH, TX, WV, MT, OH, WI)
3rd place in 3 states and tied for 3rd in two (ME, WA, MN tied in CA, NC)
4th place in 3 states (CO, NV, MA)

Palin has won:
1st place in 7 states plus tied for 1st in one (ME, TX, WV, WA, MT, OH, WI tied in NC)
2nd place in 5 states plus tied for 2nd in two (CA, KY, MO, MA, MN tied in CO, PA)
3rd place in 4 states plus tied for 3rd in one (IL, NV, VA, MI tied in NH)
4th place in 3 states (CT, AK, FL)

Romney has won:
1st place in 6 states plus tied for 1st in one (CA, CO, CT, NH, NV, MA tied in MI)
2nd place in 3 states plus tied for 2nd in two (ME, WA, FL tied in AK, PA
tied for 3rd place in three states (tied in TX, WV, NC)
4th place in 8 states (IL, KY, VA, MT, MO, MN, OH, WI)

I tried to create a chart using Excel, but I can't figure out how to attach either an Excel or a Word document.

Good stats!

How I attach the file is by taking a screenshot of the excel file, copying it into the Paint program where you can crop and edit. I have to take multiple screenshots because the spreadsheet is so big, but then I paste them all into Paint, edit them together, then save the picture as .png file. Then I upload the .png file to the forum as an attachment.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 pm 

bmk2307 wrote:
Good stats!

How I attach the file is by taking a screenshot of the excel file, copying it into the Paint program where you can crop and edit. I have to take multiple screenshots because the spreadsheet is so big, but then I paste them all into Paint, edit them together, then save the picture as .png file. Then I upload the .png file to the forum as an attachment.

I took a picture of my computer screen using my ipod touch; but have no idea how to get the picture from my ipod to my computer. My daughter-in-law was supposed to teach me how to do that kind of stuff but hasn't done it yet.

Could you pm me your e-mail address and I could TRY to figure out how to e-mail my spreadsheet to you so you could see how neat it looks with colors. I used the numbered rows for the states (like you did) then I used the columns for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place and put the names in each column with the percentages each had. (Like Mark did on RightOSphere before Romney started doing worse. http://www.rightosphere.com/blog.php?user=MarkBLowe&blogentry_id=936)

If it was a tie I started with T: then the percentages told me if it was a tie for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Then I highlighted each name with a different color to make it easier to count each candidate's. (I used red for Huckabee, green for Palin, yellow for Romney and blue for Gingrich.) My 17 year old granddaughter said, "You have too much time on your hands." lol