Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Gov. Huckabee is at the top of two polls this morning - one a national Gallup poll on favorables and the other an Iowa GOP primary poll (see: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=24167)

Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee has the highest net favorable score among Republicans nationwide in a field of potential GOP candidates for 2012, while former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is the most recognized. Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are also widely recognized by Republicans, and have favorability numbers similar to Palin's.

More here:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/145508/Withi ... Known.aspx

And great analysis by a blogger:

http://degreesofmoderation.blogspot.com ... ds-in.html

Quote:
A new poll released today, January 10thby Gallup, gives projected 2012 GOP Presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee a fairly wide lead among the balance of the pack of projected candidates. When one considers that the Independent or unenrolled play a major part in each election, generally adding the points needed to push a candidate to the “win”, see 2010 Mid-Terms, this is particularly of import to Huckabee and/or any candidate regardless of party, which is able to positively identify with the independent (generally moderate) voter. Huckabee’s score on favorability was 30, with the nearest contender, Newt Gingrich at 24, both Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin followed with 23 and 22 respectively. The scores for Recognition favor Palin, who comes in at 95 followed by Huckabee at 87; again Romney and Gingrich receive the next highest scores. (See Gallop table below for all results.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I posted the data on my website in case anyone wants to link to it or post it on facebook:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.c ... pping.html

I think you will like the pictures I used :)

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm 

Liked: 152
Aron does a pretty good job of posting the data in an easy to read format at The Argo Journal. Here is his direct link for the Gallop polling data:
http://argojournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/poll-watch-gallup-2012-republican.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Here is the WSJ take on the poll:

Quote:
Political Insight and Analysis From The Wall Street Journal's Capital Bureau
* January 10, 2011, 10:41 AM ET

New Poll Finds Palin Well Known, But Less Well Liked

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/01/1 ... ell-liked/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 pm 
** General

Liked: 11
CNN's take. I like the tie. :D

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ore-142487
Quote:
TRENDING: Poll: Huckabee most liked, Palin provokes most negative reaction
By: CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) – Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee appears to have the clear advantage out of the gate when it comes to the 2012 battle for the GOP presidential nomination, enjoying a significantly higher net-favorability rating and name identification among national Republicans than any other potential candidate.

According to the new survey by Gallup, Huckabee has a net-favorability rating (the difference between those who hold a favorable view and those who hold an unfavorable view) of 30 percent.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is six points back with a net-favorable of 24 percent with former presidential candidate Mitt Romney and former GOP presidential candidate Sarah Palin are close behind at 23 percent and 22 percent respectively.

Several more possible candidates, including dark horse favorite Mike Pence, Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman, Rep. Ron Paul, former Sen. Rick Santorum and Sen. Jon Thune, registered in the high teens.

The survey also shows a clear divide in name identification - with Huckabee, Palin, Romney, and Gingrich considerably more well known to Republicans than the rest of the field - a fact that suggests their favorability ratings may be more static than those of the lesser know candidates because voters have already had ample opportunity to form opinions about them compared to those who are new to the national scene.

Moreover, in what is an ominous sign for Palin and Gingrich, the two generate higher levels of negative reactions than any other leading candidate, a factor that significantly decreases their net favorability rating.

In fact, Palin by far generates the most negative reaction among some Republicans, with 8 percent saying they strongly disfavor her. That compares to 1 percent who said the same about Mike Huckabee and 4 percent who strongly disfavor Gingrich.

The Gallup poll was conducted Jan. 4-5 among 923 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents interviewed by telephone. It carries a sampling error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
Who are the 5% who don't recognize who Palin is?

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Quote:

lol. good question!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
Here's more:
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01/10 ... 2-gop-can/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
Joshua Clinard wrote:

brainwashed obamatons who can't believe the campaign is over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:39 pm 
General

Liked: 71
Chadballer wrote:
Joshua Clinard wrote:

brainwashed obamatons who can't believe the campaign is over.

:floor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Joshua Clinard wrote:

I think they are those people who Letterman and Leno go out on the street and ask questions of, who don't know squat. Sometimes they show them pictures of famous people and they don't have a clue. During the election, they would show them a picture of a candidate and they couldn't identify them.

The other question is, who are the 9-10 people out of 923 who don't like Mike Huckabee? Think about it, only 9.23 people surveyed out of 923 strongly disfavor him!!! You have a room full of 923 Republican or Republican-leaning people and you say, if you strongly dislike Mike Huckabee, go to this corner, and only 9-10 people go. How many other famous political figures could top that? That is amazing!

My guess is that they are probably former/current Romney staffers. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Joshua Clinard wrote:

We used to live in a suburb only 20 minutes from Washington, DC. In 2005, my son wore a Bush/Cheney pin to junior high one day. A girl asked him, "Who's Cheney?" :wall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
Joshua Clinard wrote:

We used to live in a suburb only 20 minutes from Washington, DC. In 2005, my son wore a Bush/Cheney pin to junior high one day. A girl asked him, "Who's Cheney?" :wall

really? During Bush's second terms, My 10th grade history teacher (a liberal with whom I exchanged many a heated and fascinating debate) told us a joke about Cheney's activity as VP before 9/11. He told us the liberal talking heads were saying "It'd be a real shame if Cheney died, because then Bush might actually become President."