Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:06 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Thought I'd share this article that evaluates the Gallup poll. I think this site is loosely connected to Gingrich's organization but I'm not 100% sure. I like to read it because Hispanic issues are very important to me.

http://theamericano.com/2011/01/12/gop-presidential-hopefuls
Quote:
A Gallup poll conducted Jan. 4-5 among 923 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents clearly divides potential 2012 Republican presidential candidates into two groups: the haves, and those don’t have the national recognition to register with potential primary voters.

Four of the 13 potential Republican presidential hopefuls are recognized by more than 80% of those polled. They are: former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, who is recognized by 87% of the voters polled; former Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, both recognized by 84%; and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, who has the highest recognition of all, with 95 % saying they knew or had heard of her.

A fifth presidential contender, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, is recognized by 73% of those polled.

The other eight presidential hopefuls were not recognized by a majority of those in the survey.

The net favorable – that is those who have a highly favorable view of these candidates less those who have a highly negative view of them – is much closer. According to the poll the highest net favorable number belongs of Huckabee, with 30%; Gingrich with 24%; Romney with 23%; Palin with 22%; and Paul with 18%.

The other candidates, while many have net favorable ratings in the high teens, their recognition is so low that it is hard to project these numbers to the universe of Republican and independent-leaning Republican voters.

According to Gallup, “taken as a whole, these data represent the lay of the land at this juncture as the GOP candidates begin to maneuver through the complex process of mounting a challenge for their party’s presidential nomination.”

The study added that the poll shows that at this early point in the campaign no GOP candidate “claim to generate strong reactions from rank-and-file Republicans. This suggests that one objective for these politicians during the coming year will be to create higher levels of enthusiasm if not emotion for their candidacies.”

The Americano/Agencies