Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm 

Liked: 340
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/national_gop_primary_poll_trump_19_romney_17_huckabee_15

Trump: 19
Romney: 17
Huck: 15
Gingrich: 9
Palin: 9
Paul: 8
Pawlenty: 5
Daniels: 3
Someone else: 5
Undecided: 11

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I find this poll very troubling and, quite frankly, it scares me that this many people would say they would vote for Donald Trump for president. I would think this was a joke if I didn't know this is a legitimate poll. I can't believe there are that many uninvolved people in this country who will just vote for ANYONE with name recognition. If people had done ANY homework they would know that Trump is a bigger flip flopper than Romney with absolutely no platform other than his tough mouth business persona. And, wouldn't you think Trump being a businessman, would take votes from Romney? Instead, he seems to be taking them from Huckabee. I can't imagine these two having the same base but facts don't lie.

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 2 gagoesforhuck, sandra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I'm not sure what upsets me more, that GOP voters would support the Donald or that they would support Mittens! Doesn't speak well to where my party is at right now. :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Anyone know when the poll was taken as compared to the Fox News Poll which showed Trump below 10 percent?

My guess is the Fox Poll was taken after this one was and after the President released his birth certificate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Rasmussen was conducted Apr. 26th, polling 1000 likely GOP primary voters.
Fox was Apr. 25-27, polling 911 registered GOP voters.

And birth certificate released on the 27th, I think.

Really, I think this Rasmussen is an outlier.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
RCP Average 3/31 - 4/27

2012 Republican Presidential Nomination Polling Data

Huckabee Trump Romney Palin
Gingrich Paul Bachmann

16.9 16.9 16.3 9.4
8.4 6.7 4.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -1452.html

Trump, Newt, and Palin (a lion's share of hers for sure) voters will move over Huck's camp down the road in a greater percentage than into Romney's, imho. :pray

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:40 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
32% of Palin voters list Huckabee as their second choice to 25% for Gingrich and only 10% for Romney.– from PPP’s March 15, 2011

Yahoo Daily News 2011-01-20:

WASHINGTON, DC – “Mike Huckabee leads the trio of top-tier Republican contenders for 2012, a Washington Post/ABC poll finds, with 21 percent of the vote. Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney trail him with 19 percent and 17 percent of the vote, respectively. Everyone else is back in the single digits. Palin and Huckabee are fighting for the same base of supporters, The Washington Post’s note. They each take about a quarter whites without college degrees and people with family incomes of less than $50,000. Romney performs well with the more affluent and educated. Huckabee nets 29 percent of white evangelicals. He also wins among…”

And in THE HILL:

WASHINGTON, DC – “But voters second choices, should their favorites opt not to run, offers an interesting glimpse of which pockets of the GOP the candidates must compete for.

-If Gingrich opts not to run Huckabee would pick up 31 percent of his supporters, while 27 percent said they would gravitate to Romney and only 19 percent to Palin.

-If Huckabee stays on the sidelines it helps Palin’s chances. She’s the second choice of 34 percent of his supporters, while Gingrich and Romney take 19 percent and 17 percent respectively.

-Inversely, if Palin doesn’t run, Huckabee benefits. Almost a quarter of Palin supporters said the former Arkansas governor is their second choice, followed by 20 percent who named Gingrich and 12 percent who picked Romney.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pol ... ey-backers

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Don't even worry about Trump. He tied his political future too closely to the birther issue, and now that the birth certificate has been released you are going to see a decline in numbers. His dropping the F word a few times in Vegas is just going to make that decline happen even faster.

I really do wish he would run though because I believe he would hurt Romney and help Huckabee for what little bit of time he would be in the race. My guess is Trump would go all in for New Hampshire and then then have to drop out once he finished 3rd or 4th.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
WalterCan wrote:
Don't even worry about Trump. He tied his political future too closely to the birther issue, and now that the birth certificate has been released you are going to see a decline in numbers. His dropping the F word a few times in Vegas is just going to make that decline happen even faster.

I really do wish he would run though because I believe he would hurt Romney and help Huckabee for what little bit of time he would be in the race. My guess is Trump would go all in for New Hampshire and then then have to drop out once he finished 3rd or 4th.

I can see it now. Donald Trump turns his short-term Presidential Run into a new reality TV series.

Coming this fall on NBC: "The Candidate"
Attachment:
donald-trump.jpg [123.25 KiB]
Downloaded 181 times

"Vote for him or you're fired"

Tune into each episode to find out the particulars of his policy positions. They will surprise people.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: gagoesforhuck