Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:44 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 99
As soon as I saw that story about Santorum going home Sat, I emailed one of my contacts in his campaign. They hadn't seen the story and tried to kill it. But I saw it again today. He is going home Sat to a fundraiser in Philadelphia and to print off his taxes from his home computer. You gotta love that he does his own taxes. :mrgreen:

I didn't realize that Gingrich wasn't on the ballot in Missouri. I agree with you SD that Santorum should camp out there.

Love that definition:
Quote:
"hannitied" (origin 2008 Huck campaign Florida: verb. - to intentionally harm an opponents campaign by falsely announcing they have quit)
And that was my first thought when I saw that story.

Post by brownkb Liked by: maryrae
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I too am confused about the numbers in Florida. I've been thinking since yesterday that maybe I've been missing something because I just can't see what could have caused the shift. With the Gallup national numbers out today it appears that this shift is localized to Florida. What's more confusing is I know that all that Romney has done would not have worked here in SC. So why is it appearing to work in Florida? I don't buy that the Republican electorate is that much more moderate than SC. I could understand maybe a 5 or 6 point difference meaning Newt would be ahead by less but still ahead.

I agree that Newt could still turn it around with the debate, but he can't come off as whining about all the negative attacks. People don't like a complainer. He needs to show that he's a fighter and not a whiner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:48 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Does anyone know if Missouri allows write-ins? If not then the Newt people should make a deal with the Santorum people to encourage everyone to vote for Santorum. I'm assuming Santorum is on the ballot?

In Virginia I'd suggest Newt to encourage everyone to vote for Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
brownkb wrote:
As soon as I saw that story about Santorum going home Sat, I emailed one of my contacts in his campaign. They hadn't seen the story and tried to kill it. But I saw it again today. He is going home Sat to a fundraiser in Philadelphia and to print off his taxes from his home computer. You gotta love that he does his own taxes. :mrgreen:

I didn't realize that Gingrich wasn't on the ballot in Missouri. I agree with you SD that Santorum should camp out there.

Love that definition:
Quote:
"hannitied" (origin 2008 Huck campaign Florida: verb. - to intentionally harm an opponents campaign by falsely announcing they have quit)
And that was my first thought when I saw that story.

Add Erick Erickson to the list of commentators attempting to hannity Santorum. From an email I got from him just now:

Quote:
One wild card factor — does Rick Santorum stay in? There are rumors circulating he may drop out before Florida because he is out of money. His campaign says no. But we'll see. If he leaves, polls show most of his voters go to Gingrich, but I'm not sure that's actually right.

Actually, he's trying to one-up Hannity, from "might drop out of Florida" to "might drop out of the race altogether." Sigh.

Honestly, there are some conservatives I'd rather have as political opponents than as "friends." Erickson definitely falls into that category, as does Coulter.

Anyone want to add to my list?

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I thought Santorum had missed Missouri's ballot also?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

I think it was just Virginia (not certain but the article I read on MO I think said Satorum was on the Mo ballot).

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
From what I know from the campaign is that the only ballots Santorum is not on is Virginia and DC (which has no delegates).

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 pm 
Captain

Liked: 76
Newt is on the ballot in all states except VA. He is not on the primary ballot in MO because it doesn't count. Newt is on there ballot for caucus which comes at a later date. I'm not sure about Santorum in MO.

Santorum is not slated in several states, IL, VA, D.C., TN, OH There may be more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:43 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
I like the idea of newt and santorum telling people in VA to vote for Paul. It gets us a step closer to a brokered convention :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:08 pm 
***** General

4Huckabee wrote:
Newt is on the ballot in all states except VA. He is not on the primary ballot in MO because it doesn't count. Newt is on there ballot for caucus which comes at a later date. I'm not sure about Santorum in MO.

Santorum is not slated in several states, IL, VA, D.C., TN, OH There may be more.

I'd suggest saying that the primary results are not "binding" rather than they don't count is more accurate. Many of the states have rules where some, none, or all, of the delegates are not strictly bound to follow the results of either primaries or caucus results.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
This poll was taken Tuesday through Thursday so doesn't incorporate last night's debate:
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-an ... aseID=1696

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Quote:

Just curious as to your source for this information. I heard Santorum say in an interview that he is indeed on every ballot except VA.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 pm 
Captain

brownkb wrote:
Quote:

Just curious as to your source for this information. I heard Santorum say in an interview that he is indeed on every ballot except VA.

Here is Article from IL Review. I'll search for the others. Note: while Newt had the number of signatures needed for his petition as well as delegates, no one from Newt's camp challenged Santorum because he didn't have the needed signatures. Others filed objections to Santorum, then Santorum's field guy filed objections to all others including Newt.

Quote:
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illin ... inois.html
Friday, January 13, 2012
GOP presidential candidates face last minute petition objections in Illinois

SPRINGFIELD - During the final minutes before 5:00 PM at the State Board of Elections Friday, there was an avalanche of objections filed against presidential candidates and their delegates, placing contenders Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum's March 20th GOP primary candidacies in jeopardy. Barack Obama's petitions face two official challenges, as well.

At about 4:35 PM, Romney alternate delegate Sherri Griffith of the 1st CD filed an objection to Santorum's delegate slate in the 1st CD, led by Eric Wallace. Ten of Santorum's delegates filed less than the minimum required number of petition signatures. Subsequently, one by one, Romney delegates or alternates filed objections to Santorum slates in their respective congressional districts.

In return, Santorum's Illinois coordinator Jon Zahm filed objections to Paul, Romney, Perry and Gingrich's petitions. Another objection to Barack Obama's petitions and several other candidates were added, all within the final 30 minutes before the 5:00 PM deadline.

Hearings will be scheduled and held to hear the objectors complaints, and a ruling on each will determine whether or not the opposed candidacies will be upheld.

Here is TN:
Bachmann, Santorum have no delegates on Tennessee primary ballot
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/30/b ... ry-ballot/

OH:
GOP Santorum's chance at 9 Ohio delegates hampered
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/columbu ... s-hampered

D.C.:
No Santorum on D.C.’s Republican ballot
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/mik ... _blog.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:10 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Quote:
Under Tennessee’s complicated system of delegate selection, this does not make it impossible for these five to secure any delegates, but it does make it harder for them to do well.

I have not read much about TN's system but this doesn't sound like it's impossible to be on the ballot.

And as for OH, that's only 9 delegates that are in jeopardy.

Thus far, these articles do not prove that Santorum is not on the ballot but indicate a few challenges for those states.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:27 pm 
***** General

In IL and OH Santorum will not be able to receive the maximum number of delegates because of how they require a certain number of signatures in each congressional district. For example, there are a few inner city districts that he is not on the ballot but I doubt he would have had a shot there anyway. If I remember right he is on the ballot in Illinois in 15 out of the 18 districts or something like that. So, not many delegates missing. Same for Ohio. There are just a few delegates he will miss.

As, for Illinois there was some scuttle between candidates' grassroots and Romney's paid grassroots but I believe everything is resolved now.

MO does not give delegates but it is the only primary between Florida and Super Tuesday and the rest are caucus states, I believe. To keep or gain momentum MO is important even if it is "for show."

I have no idea about Tennessee. I have seen nothing from the campaign about that. We knew right away when Rick didn't make the Virginia deadline but nothing has been said about Tennessee.

I have seen a lot of misinformation out there with Santorum and the ballots and I wish people would research it first.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:50 pm 
Captain

Iowans Rock wrote:
In IL and OH Santorum will not be able to receive the maximum number of delegates because of how they require a certain number of signatures in each congressional district. For example, there are a few inner city districts that he is not on the ballot but I doubt he would have had a shot there anyway. If I remember right he is on the ballot in Illinois in 15 out of the 18 districts or something like that. So, not many delegates missing. Same for Ohio. There are just a few delegates he will miss.

Santorum is missing many delegates in IL
http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/9975 ... allot.html
Quote:
Rick Santorum did not file delegate slates in four out of the 18 Illinois congressional districts from which delegates are elected. Santorum’s delegate slates in 10 districts were filed with far fewer than the 600 signatures needed for the ballot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm 

Liked: 152
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Santorum is on the Missouri ballot according to the sample ballot I found online for Franklin County, MO http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/69861.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 pm 
***** General

4Huckabee wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:

Quote:
Rick Santorum did not file delegate slates in four out of the 18 Illinois congressional districts from which delegates are elected. Santorum’s delegate slates in 10 districts were filed with far fewer than the 600 signatures needed for the ballot.

Yes, but I think it got settled and he is on the ballot in those districts. There is something that went on but it got resolved. I believe the Romney camp challenged it then dropped it.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:16 pm 
Captain

Iowans Rock wrote:
4Huckabee wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:

Quote:

Yes, but I think it got settled and he is on the ballot in those districts. There is something that went on but it got resolved. I believe the Romney camp challenged it then dropped it.

Do you have a source for your claim?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 pm 
***** General

4Huckabee wrote:
[
Do you have a source for your claim?

I'd say it's a pretty minor point and hardly worth the trouble. 15 vs 18 districts in a contest where the main "game changer" is going to be the actual vote tally at the end of the night anyway. A twenty point win will have far more effect then perhaps not being able to gather in a fraction of won delegates. If any given candidate even makes it to IL in the first place.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next