Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Looks like it finally made to the top of Drudge's page. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I'd say Newt is in through Super Tuesday no matter what. I'd be interested to hear what others think, but at this point I don't see a realistic path for Newt or Santorum to get the 1144 needed delegates to clinch the nomination. However...I do see a path where both of them combined can get enough delegates to keep Romney from getting what he needs.

One of the reasons I say this is that I believe no matter how bad Newt does prior to Super Tuesday he is still going to be the stronger candidate in southeastern states and Texas. What I think could happen in some of these very conservative southeastern states is that Santorum could get enough momentum to get into 2nd place and knock Romney down to 3rd. At the same time I think Santorum could get some momentum and do well in states like Ohio, parts of the Northeast, and some of the upper Midwest.

Also I think to keep Romney off balance someone besides him has to win Arizona in 3 weeks just before we get into Super Tuesday. The debates between now and Super Tuesday will be of some importance but nowhere near as important as they were prior to SC and Florida.

The one wildcard to watch out for is if Santorum were to get a lot of momentum he could threaten Romney in Michigan. If Mitt fears losing Michigan or actually does lose Michigan then you're going to see a reign of fire come down from the establishment on Santorum.

As my good friend Jesse would say, it's all about "Keeping hope alive." :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:18 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I have to admit that the thought of Romney losing MI makes my heart just pitter patter, lol! There's a reason I'm from MI and not in MI. In the 70's my born and raised in MI dad gave up on the decimated MI economy and settled our family in CA (where my mom was from) for good. In spite of the mess that CA is in now that move was an economic positive for my parents.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
I think Santorum will win Minnesota BIG. I see many Gingrich supporters switching to Santorum since it's a caucus and not a primary. The best way to stop Romney may be to have Gingrich go down quickly and have his supporters move behind Santorum. Gingrich supporters are decidedly anti-Romney. Santorum supporters are mixed on Romney.

Post by EricB has received Likes: 2 higgybaby4huck, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:57 pm 
Major General

Eric, Newt is not getting out, there is a LOT more delegates up for grabs. Rick worked hard to get those wins and I congratulate the Santorum supporters but please dont think this is over for Newt. As you see tonight, anything can happen. This is a crazy election.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 am 
Major General

FL4Huck wrote:
Eric, Newt is not getting out, there is a LOT more delegates up for grabs. Rick worked hard to get those wins and I congratulate the Santorum supporters but please dont think this is over for Newt. As you see tonight, anything can happen. This is a crazy election.

I completely agree. He's in at least through Super Tuesday if not longer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 am 
*** General

Liked: 115
Never said he was getting out. Just that many of his supporters will move to Santorum, especially if they see voting Santorum as the best chance to stop Romney. There's a lot of voters out there who just want to defeat Romney and they don't particularly care who can do it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:22 am 
Major General

Eric, I only meant that Rick didnt do good in S.C.,Fl, and was last in Nevada but the Santorum supporters did not give up on him.I could be wrong but I dont think the Newt supporters will leave Newt either.
At least now, maybe Fox will stop telling us that Mitt has it wraped up. I cant wait to see how Rove tries to spin this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:20 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I'm sure Eric is referring to the "soft" support - the Anybody but Romney contingent that is willing to back whichever one looks capable of keeping Romney from the nomination.

I've seen lots of back & forth movement between the two candidates & that seems to be the main reason.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:29 am 
Major General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I'm sure Eric is referring to the "soft" support - the Anybody but Romney contingent that is willing to back whichever one looks capable of keeping Romney from the nomination.

I've seen lots of back & forth movement between the two candidates & that seems to be the main reason.

So perhaps the question will be, who has the most "soft supporters"? Gingrich or Santorum? I think the juries still out on that question. We may find out in the next couple of months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Don't we all wish that Romney turns out to be the one with the most soft support!!!

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, FirstCoastTerp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
FL4Huck wrote:
This is a crazy election.

The understatement of the year! :eatingpopcorn

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four