Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/republicans ... t-in-2016/
Quote:
If the latest CBS News poll is any indication, Americans would like to see a number of potential candidates take the plunge -- but not all of them.

Fifty-nine percent of Republicans would like to see Romney jump into the 2016 race, while only 26 percent believe he should stay out, according to the CBS News poll.

Fifty percent of Republicans would like to see former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on the campaign trail as well, while 27 percent disagree. If both Romney and Bush run, analysts expect them to wage a competitive battle for the allegiance of the Republican establishment.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee posts a respectable showing, with 40 percent of Republicans urging him to get in, and 29 percent urging him to stay out.

Should Run/Shouldn't Run

Positive:
1. Mitt Romney ..59/26
2. Jeb Bush .......50/27
3. Mike Hucabee .40/29
4. Marco Rubio ...26/19
5. Scott Walker ..22/12
6. Ben Carson ... 21/17

Negative: (underwater)
7. Bobby Jindal ...14/20
8. Ted Cruz ....... 21/25
9. Rick Santorum .19/29
10. Rick Perry .....21/32
11. Chris Christie .29/44
12. Rand Paul ......27/44
13. Sarah Palin ....30/59

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:21 am 

Liked: 340
Respectable numbers that Mike can build on. His negative numbers are a bit high, but since he is a very well-known entity and has suffered multiple attacks from his own folks in the past they are not too surprising.

Go Mike!

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:44 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Peter wrote:
Respectable numbers that Mike can build on. His negative numbers are a bit high, but since he is a very well-known entity and has suffered multiple attacks from his own folks in the past they are not too surprising.

Go Mike!

These aren't likability numbers or a favorability rating scale, so I wouldn't say its "negative numbers" that are high. Simply people who don't think he should run for one reason or another. They can have their minds changed, I believe, but right now it isn't those 29% we need to win anyway. It is the 31% who didn't give an answer. If 40% believe he should run, then off the bat they are willing to consider him. We need the 31% who did not say yes or no to start saying HECK YES!

I think the fact that Huckabee is the only true socon out of the 6 people with net positives is a very good sign for him. To me that shows the right wing of the party is ready to back one candidate and it is Mike Huckabee. Interesting that 4 of the top 5 are all governors too. Carson will fall off in time. That's a solid top 5 although I believe Rubio ends up seeing his easiest path as VP now and POTUS 8 years from now.

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
It's interesting that the same percentage of people who say that Huckabee shouldn't run also say that Santorum shouldn't run. Is it possible that this same 29% of people are just biased against SoCons?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:57 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
It's interesting that the same percentage of people who say that Huckabee shouldn't run also say that Santorum shouldn't run. Is it possible that this same 29% of people are just biased against SoCons?

Good eye! I bet that's it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
The key will still be getting evangelicals activated. This is a huge voting bloc that could make all the difference if they would get out and vote. I can't believe that Romney would raise much enthusiasm among them, as they were very ho-hum about him at the national convention when I attended in 2012. Someone like Gov. Huckabee has the ability to inspire, invigorate, and give the convention something to cheer about. And I believe he would bring out the evangelicals in much greater numbers. We must do our part or lose the race, the society, and the nation. I believe that Huckabee is right in appealing to the broad center of America.

It is totally unacceptable to have 70% of evangelicals staying home at elections. First task, get them registered to vote. Only 1/2 are at present. This is shameful. God put us here to be light and salt, not hide our light under a basket.