Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Are they really going to try this garbage again! This is a joke, right?

Mitt Romney has double-digit lead on 2016 GOP pack: poll

Quote:
Mr. Romney is at 24 percent in the Rasmussen poll that asked likely Republican voters to pick who they would vote for if the 2016 GOP presidential primary were being held in their state today from a group of eight possible contenders. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was next at 13 percent, with retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson at 12 percent and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker at 11 percent.
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie were at 7 percent apiece, and Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry were at 5 percent apiece. Four percent preferred another candidate and 12 percent were undecided.
A write-up accompanying the survey notes that name recognition is a big role this early in the proceedings, and much has been written about Mr. Romney since he told donors earlier this month he was thinking about a third possible presidential run in 2016.

survey question wording:
Quote:
National Survey of 787 Likely Republican Voters
Conducted January 18-19, 2015
By Rasmussen Reports

1* If the 2016 Republican presidential primary were held in your state today, would you vote for: Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, Mitt Romney, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio or Ben Carson?

2* If it was a contest between Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney, whom would you choose?

3* Are you certain you will vote for that candidate or is it possible that something could come up that causes you to change your mind?

4* Now I’m going to read you a short list of people in the News. For each, please let me know if you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable, or very unfavorable impression.

Chris Christie
Jeb Bush
Rand Paul
Mitt Romney
Scott Walker
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson

Real credible poll. They chose to exclude a man for whom 4.2 million people actually voted for president (Huckabee), and include a man who's never received any votes at all, for anything! (Carson).

Of course they also chose not to mention other potentially credible candidates : Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, and Rick Santorum.

And Rick Perry... I mean they KNOW he won zero states last time he ran, right (and less than 1% of the popular vote)?
I really don't see how Rasmussen thought this was helpful.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:22 pm 

Liked: 340
Rasmussen has had a negative bias towards Huckabee in the past. But of course it's ludicrous not to include Huckabee, who is basically in the race already. And who was in the top 3 of the Republican Voters' wish list of who should jump into the race.

But as the guy said at an event I went to the other night: Published opinon is not always public opinion.

Profile Send private message