Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Greetings veterans of Huck's Army. It appears very clear that what many of us hoped for in 2012, is going to happen this cycle. Every indication is that Huckabee is going to run for President.

What is also clear is that the most of the old veterans who were so enthusiatic in 2008 and going into 2012, have been scattered to the winds. I suspect that many are like me; still very hopeful for a better future for America, a regular follower of politics, but not yet truly dedicated to any particular candidate.

You may also, like me, be open to Mike Huckabee and still impressed with his leadership capacity, and still dumbfounded at the tendency to dismiss him.

So here is my request. Please respond to this post and indicate if you are:

1.) Still a supporter of Huckabee and wanting to help
2.) Still a supporter of Huckabee but burnt out as an advocate
3.) Open to Huckabee but interested in other candidates as well
4.) Committed to another candidate
5.) Trying to stay out of politics or political blogging

Right now I'm personally at level #3. I'm supportive of his efforts to run, think his getting in will advance the issues I care about, and hope he does well. But I could be convinced to vote for another candidate with a similar message.

I hope you all are well and the good spirit of Huck's Army can again do good.

Godspeed.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 am 
Major

Liked: 90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:57 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 12
I am also a 3. It seems there is such an irrational opposition to Huckabee from some out there that it might be better if someone like him in character and convictions would be the candidate, but I don't see any other possibilities yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:10 am 

Liked: 340

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 31

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:21 pm 

Liked: 152
Armed and ready, Sir!

Post by GrannyT Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Southern Doc! I didn't know if we would ever hear from you again!

1.) Still a supporter of Huckabee and wanting to help But of course!
I've been locked in for going on 7 years. There's no looking back. In many ways, Huckabee is still an underdog because he has so few prominent advocates. Even if I'm the last one, I'll still defend the truth as I know it and fight back against deceit and misconception. Onward and upward!
I will look upon the other candidates with great interest. My top alternatives are Marco Rubio, Rick Perry, John Kasich, and Scott Walker.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 am 
** General

Liked: 107

:wave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:27 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
3. I'm of course still a fan of Governor Huckabee, but I'm also looking for candidates who speak out strongly against the toxic feminist movement (as I believe it is the core of many problems the Left poses to us, including Gay Marriage). Between those who have unofficially announced (Bush, Huckabee and Pataki that I've seen so far), I'm firmly behind Huckabee, but my loyalty is by no means blind and I will vote where I see a path to victory and a candidate who speaks strongly and singles out problems with our society and poses detailed plans to solve them in a Constitutional and Biblical manner.

Post by Chadballer Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
1. I have no idea how to help. Total newby here. Willing to hold signs. I have never ever have been willing to do that sort of thing. Been on my knees a lot

Post by c murphy Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:05 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
Haven't posted on this site in a long time! Supported Huckabee big time in 2008. Only candidate I've ever donated to.

If he runs I'm likely supporting him, but to be fair I'll examine all the candidates first. I won't support any liberal/moderate candidates. I'm behind the most conservative candidate who can win, and if no conservative can win, then I'm behind the best conservative out there regardless. I'd rather lose with a conservative than win with a moderate.

Post by EricB Liked by: Southern Doc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Eric,

Very nice to see you still out there fighting the good fight.

Agree totally with your self-evaluation on the race to come.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
This was posted in another thread so I wanted to also post it here to try and make sure everyone see's this post.

GAVoter4Huck wrote:

A suggestion to send across to the powers that be that currently run the website...
With the 2016 Election approaching I hope there is serious consideration for doing a facelift to the website. The theme and style has not changed since the 2008 Election 7+ years ago. Not only would a fresh look welcome in a new election season it might also stimulate the motivation of those existing to help Gov. Huckabee in the next election and also might bring renewed interest in new prospective people looking in at the grassroots effort here.

Yes "GAVoter4Huck" it would be great to have the website updated.

In July 2007 I put up and have paid for this site until today. My family and I paid to get this site up and running and we have paid for over eight years all the expense of keeping this site up and running. When Mike started to become known we were able to get a few programmers to do two new designs. David Schmidt kept the home page up to date until 2011 as you can see the last video of Mike is dated 2011.

Before I spend any more money redesigning the site I wanted to make sure that Gov. Huckabee was going to run and people were going to actively support him and not just click a Like on Facebook. Hucks Army was first created (July 2007) and used as a real on the ground army that organized and got out the vote that in 30 days brought Mike from 5th place to a strong 18%, 2nd place surprise finish that got Mike on all the Sunday shows and gave him his first real national exposure even though Romney won with 34%.

But if Gov. Huckabee did not run I was going to keep the theme, Hucks Army, Faith Family, Freedom, with Gov. Huckabee as still the focus of the home page as that was why we all supported Mike. If Mike did not run we could then use the forum where us that still supported these values could come and discuss two to four possible candidates intelligently and calmly then select a candidate that we could all come together and support in order to avoid a split in the base that would allow a candidate that NONE OF US WOULD LIKE, ie Dole, McCain, Romney, to get the nomination.

I will watch the Roll Call thread and if it gets 25 new commitments if so then I will post a thread asking for volunteer’s that want to be a part of an actual on the ground army that would build a nationwide organization that would go a long way in helping Gov. Huckabee get elected. If I get at least 14 people with a Facebook friends list of at least 250 people I will then go ahead and commit to developing a redesigned site suitable to be used by all popular devices.

Post by Hucks Army - Bill has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:33 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
1. Have always believed he would be the best for America, with his skills in governing, his beliefs, and his ability to communicate unparalleled since Reagan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I am between 1 and 3. Out of the field as it currently is I would support Huckabee. But to be fair I have said going back to 2012 that if John Kasich ever ran I'd give him a lot of consideration.

Since I live in SC it is very likely that the choices will be a lot clearer by the time we vote. There's probably only room for 2 viable grass roots/culturally conservative candidates coming into SC so I have a feeling it will be a rather easy choice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
WalterCan wrote:
I am between 1 and 3. Out of the field as it currently is I would support Huckabee. But to be fair I have said going back to 2012 that if John Kasich ever ran I'd give him a lot of consideration.

Since I live in SC it is very likely that the choices will be a lot clearer by the time we vote. There's probably only room for 2 viable grass roots/culturally conservative candidates coming into SC so I have a feeling it will be a rather easy choice.

Have you heard anything about Kasich making any moves? One advantage that Huckabee has is that he can focus solely on campaigning. Jindal, Kasich, Walker, and Christie are all still working their day jobs in second terms as governor. On the other hand, that didn't slow Bush 43 down any.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:34 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
I am #1 of course. Have been since early in 2007.

There is already a grassroots group of supporters that are actively organizing for Huckabee's presidential run. I am a local leader of the group. It is called MHFA 2016. You can sign up to help here.

http://mhfa2016.com/prospect/mhfa/VolunteerForm.asp

Also join this facebook page to get regular updates:

https://www.facebook.com/HuckabeeforAmerica

And request to join this closed group for activists: If you want an invitation, message me on facebook or twitter @echopulse

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MikeHuc ... ricaForum/

Follow me on Twitter

Post by Joshua Clinard has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:04 am 

Liked: 57

Post by Texan4Huckabee Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:47 pm 

Liked: 0

AWJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I'm still here, mostly a 1, but I'm open to hearing from a select few other candidates if they decide to run (mainly just Mike Pence, but at this point I'm still leaving the door open on Kasich and Scott Walker as well).

I'm also a bit of a 5 because I'm currently working for the Attorney General in Virginia under a Democratic administration. For that reason I've been kind of lying low on political matters for the time being. But I'm still watching and reading and cheering on Huckabee every chance I get!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: Southern Doc