Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
steves wrote:
Apparently, his campaign can't even respond accurately regarding his security detail.
I'm not familiar with what this is about. What is this in reference to?

Granted - TMZ is not the greatest of sources.....
"TMZ broke the story ... Kristian Otto Herzog -- who served jail time in 2009 for impersonating a police officer -- was a member of Cain's security detail during a campaign stop in Detroit on Oct. 21.

Cain's rep told us Herzog only worked for the campaign on that ONE occasion ... and insisted he would not be asked back to work any future Cain events.

But TMZ has obtained photos of Herzog working security at the Republican presidential debate in Las Vegas on Oct. 18 ... even taking a photo with Cain's arm draped around him at the hotel after the event.

Now, Cain's rep has changed his tune -- telling us he "did some research" and could now confirm Herzog did work the debate along with a 3rd event in Ohio on October 22.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
californiaforhuck wrote:
Piers Morgan interviewed Cain tonight and talked about abortion.

"CAIN: “It comes down to is, it’s not the government’s role — or anybody else’s role — to make that decision. Secondly, if you look at the statistical incidents, you’re not talking about that big a number. So what I’m saying is, it ultimately gets down to a choice that that family or that mother has to make. Not me as president. Not some politician. Not a bureaucrat. It gets down to that family. And whatever they decide, they decide. I shouldn’t try to tell them what decision to make for such a sensitive decision."

Is this the last straw Huckabee needed to get back in?

I thank Hucks Army for giving us a good place where we can have a cordial and reasonable conversation about the candidates. I do not see anyone being out of line. This issue is a serious matter of conscience.

I like much about Cain, but he should not get a pass on answering this question. He should not get by with discounting the question or by putting it off, saying, "not me as president" when he is running for President. The Presidency is not a "hands-off" job.

A key phrase in the quote above is: It "ultimately comes down to this." A person saying that is indicating it is a core value, the thing he or she bases reasoning upon. The person quoted above (trying not to think of this as Cain or anyone we know) seems to be saying that the guiding factor in his position is what the family thinks, not the law or not the sanctity of life. This answer puts people's wishes above the law and principle. He also says, "I shouldn’t try to tell them what decision to make for such a sensitive decision." That sensitivity to people in difficult situations is what has led to 50 million babies being killed in the United States over the last almost 40 years. That sensitivity fails to be sensitive to the unborn baby's feelings and needs.

People have an aversion to legislating morality, but that is all we have to legislate. Is it right to do so and so? And how can we protect each citizen (including the unseen ones)? It is the duty of government to protect innocent, indefensible life, above all.

To some this sounds narrow and maybe unkind. But the child in the womb has no ability to say, "I want to live." The most honorable of civilizations protect the most helpless, innocent of humans with law. The one true exception allowing for abortion should be the life of the mother. Not "the mental health of", etc. I have lived in Kansas all my life and witnessed up close the tremendous evil of the philosophy of exceptions in the hands of Dr. George Tiller. Babies being killed in the birth canal (partial birth abortion) was no easier or more healthy on the mother. It was just ghastly torture for a precious, usually healthy baby.

Every day politicians get into office saying they are pro-life "except." As a fellow Christian, I can and should hold my brother, Herman Cain, to account and try to persuade him to see life as precious for all. If my conscience says, "Do not support someone" on this basis, I need to listen to that conscience and not vote for a candidate without a strong pro-life position. (That is my belief.) Others feel differently and I do not condemn them. But personally, I need to weigh whether this issue or a different one may be a deciding issue. If it comes down to Cain vs. Obama I would definitely choose Cain. He is far more pro-life. Obama would actively promote all abortions. But this is still the primary selection process for a few more months. It is the time we do get to and need to examine what the candidates really believe and who they really are. Yes, it is tough to be under that magnifying glass. But it is, after all, a proving grounds for applying for arguably the most important and difficult political job in the world.

Looking at the quote above, minus a face or name, I would have thought it sounded like a rather typical pro-choice position. "Between the mother (or family) and doctor"...that's a pro-choice, pro-abortion answer. It saddens me to read Cain's statements because I really like him. If he wants to be called pro-life, he will need to be honest and not hold to both sides of the issue, identifying himself as pro-life and then advocating pro-choice positions. This was not just a slip of the tongue. One does not accidentally make comments like the above if he has thought through the issue and is solidly pro-life. This job is not the head of Godfather's Pizza, where you do not have to come to difficult ethical positions on life.

As for families being free to follow or not to follow the law, a President does need to think about this. Because of Roe v. Wade, protecting the life of the unborn has become a paramount Constitutional issue, just like slavery was over a hundred years ago. Life is fundamental. We must change the law to reflect God's view and the Constitution's protection of human life.

I hope Herman Cain will think and pray about this issue and let it be a lesson to him to protect every precious life. He may not have thought through these issues thoroughly before, so we hope he comes around.

Thanks to Gov. Huckabee for giving his good friend, Cain, a good shaking on this issue. "Faithful are the wounds of a friend." I am not ready to commit my allegiance and help to any other candidate yet. Still hoping and praying that God will open a door and lay down a pathway for Mike Huckabee to become the President America needs!

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 janelles, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 pm 

Liked: 9
Iowans Rock wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:
Herman Cain just posted on FB "I'm 100% pro-life. End of Story."

Now that is as arrogant as it gets.

Yeah, I have to admit that I didn't appreciate that "tweet" in the least. I'm not a child and I dislike being spoken to as if I am. He could have said, "I'm 100% prolife, but I did not express myself very well, please give me the chance to better explain my answer," then provide a link to a press release, video or something.

As the voter, I decide when it is the "end of story".

Post by jewelofbeauty has received Likes: 2 Huckabeliever, QuoVadisAnima