Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I am delighted that Gov. Huckabee has just endorsed my friend from South Central Kansas, Congressman Mike Pompeo. You possibly know him as a fairly frequent guest on Huckabee, as he has been interviewed regarding the Benghazi investigation in the U.S. House of Representatives; he is on the select committee.

Here is the article from HuckPAC by Huckabee:

Quote:
"Congressman Mike Pompeo is the true conservative in this race. But this is about more than his solid pro-life record, his strong opposition to Obamacare, and his impressive military and national security background--this is about how he's been an effective legislator for Kansas common sense values. I'm proud to stand with Mike as he continues to fight for Kansas common sense values and end Washington's wasteful spending."

Mike attended the United States Military Academy at West Point, graduating first in his class in 1986. Mike served as a cavalry officer in the U.S. Army, leading troops as they patrolled the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall. After leaving active duty, Mike earned a law degree from Harvard Law School and served as an editor of the Harvard Law Review.

After practicing law for three years, Mike came back to his mother’s family roots in South Central Kansas and founded Thayer Aerospace along with three partners. In less than a decade, this aerospace manufacturing company grew to more than 400 Kansas employees. Following a decade as CEO of Thayer Aerospace, Mike sold his interest in that company and soon thereafter became President of Sentry International, an oilfield manufacturing, distribution and service company.

In Congress, Mike has focused on freeing private enterprise to succeed. He has launched a national effort, called America Flies, aimed squarely at promoting the aviation industry. Mike has also been at the center of the debates regarding American energy production, halting regulatory overreach, particularly with respect to production agriculture, and reducing the imposition of burdens on entrepreneurs and small business leaders.

Mike and his wife Susan have been active leaders in the community. They taught 5th grade Sunday school together at their church and are both involved in many activities in support of Susan’s alma mater, Wichita State University. They have one son Nick, who recently graduated college.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
This is a hard contest in Kansas, since Pompeo's opponent Todd Tiahrt announced at the last minute his intention to run, and this is dividing the conservative voter base, causing a painful split. When will Republicans learn?

The two candidates are generally considered about equally conservative. There are a few things about each one's record that I might not agree with. But when we heard that Tiahrt was going to challenge his former friend, Pompeo, and that he would be attacking him in a personal way, several of us who formerly supported Tiahrt urged him not to run. We did this because Pompeo is doing excellent work on the U.S. House Select Committee on Benghazi, and nothing must interrupt that. Now, the extra pressure, time and money for campaigning will take away from Pompeo's focus in Washington.

Sometimes, this type of personal politics makes me wonder why I am involved in helping candidates. But I do really admire the courage of those people who will enter the fray, these days. Without our support and help good candidates cannot win. This is one we need to pray about.

Profile Send private message