Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
justgrace wrote:
It is very crucial--now that Rand Paul's people have decided to work against and eliminate Gov. Huckabee--that we be sure to vote for Paul (to eliminate him) NOW! And ask every Huckabee friend you can think of to also go to the Family Leader poll. Make sure they do not vote for Huckabee, as this is an elimination poll.

If Huckabee survives this round, we his supporters will show that we are organized and able to give him the strong backing he will need to decide to run for President. He would also get tremendous coverage--worth a million dollars!-- because Steve Deace gives a weekly radio report on the trends and the winners of this poll.

Yes, even though the Family Leader has been diligent to find and remove spam votes in prior weeks (and thereby saved Gov. Huckabee at least once), we cannot count on it again. They added a captcha, to cut down on automatic/computer-powered voting, but those can be overcome. They also started filtering out multiple votes by IP address, but this can also be overcome...however, it will look like different devices/locations, etc. voting.

Here's a couple important things to remember, though.
1. Online polls do not equal votes on election (or primary) day. Even though the Ron Paul crowd overwhelmed almost every poll they entered, they had a hard time rising above 10% at the voting booth.

2. Talking to real people about Gov. Huckabee (using this poll, if you choose), WILL equal real votes on election day. Bring along two friends. Make sure they are friends who will bring along two more.

Too many conservatives have either been ignoring what is going on with our country, or have become disenfranchised by the moderate candidates we keep, as a party, putting on the ballot. The irony is, only they can change that; but WE must encourage them, and bring them (physically, if necessary) to the polls to vote, especially in our primary/caucus.

I put up a Huckabee-friendly post today as a status on Facebook. One friend I haven't seen in a long time liked it. Today, I'm going to message her, and ask her to vote in this poll. If she's receptive, I'll message her once or twice a week and ask her to keep voting, or send her a Huckabee link...eventually, you all might meet her here on Huck's Army.

That's the way to make it work: relationship.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Any idea why they havent updated the site for 3 or 4 weeks? They have a message saying Bob is out and will update next week, but its from 3 or 4 weeks ago. The last week they had it up Huck got almost 60% of the vote. I think they were purposely stopping for a week to try and fix the glitches that allow for bogus voting...but nothing for almost a month. Anyone know anything? I don't listen in to the program.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
karrboy84 wrote:
Any idea why they havent updated the site for 3 or 4 weeks? They have a message saying Bob is out and will update next week, but its from 3 or 4 weeks ago. The last week they had it up Huck got almost 60% of the vote. I think they were purposely stopping for a week to try and fix the glitches that allow for bogus voting...but nothing for almost a month. Anyone know anything? I don't listen in to the program.

I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe they found out it wasn't such a great idea. Most of the least likely candidates are still in, and several of the most likely ones are out. But, I think they are trying to figure out what to do next.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
justgrace wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe they found out it wasn't such a great idea. Most of the least likely candidates are still in, and several of the most likely ones are out. But, I think they are trying to figure out what to do next.

I think you are right Grace, they found out this elimination poll was not such a good idea and the spamming and or hacking gave them a good reason to stop the poll. I Believe if they can find a regular poll (most votes wins) they think cannot be spammed or hacked easily, they will be back with that poll sometime in the future. I am sure they liked all the extra traffic and hits to their site that the poll gave them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I think the whole idea of these anonymous internet polls are silly and meaningless. People are highly motivated to cheat.