Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
While this Gallup poll is encouraging I am fully focused on 2014 and helping elect strong conservatives http://buff.ly/1jTKraC

No indication that he plans to run? Why publicize this, then? (Actually, I find the tweet to be quite a contradiction :mrgreen: Huck is so focussed on 2014 but he has time to tout his excellent poll numbers.)
:floor

Gallup wrote:
Huckabee May Have Slight Edge in GOP Field for General Election

Former Arkansas governor and current talk show host Mike Huckabee is arguably in a slightly better position image-wise among the national adult population than other potential Republican presidential candidates. His +12 net favorable rating edges out Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul's +9 for the highest among Republican candidates. Huckabee's 54% familiarity score trails those for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (65%) and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (65%), but is above the 52% average for the 11 Republicans measured in the poll. Christie's and Bush's net favorable ratings are among the lowest.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
While this Gallup poll is encouraging I am fully focused on 2014 and helping elect strong conservatives http://buff.ly/1jTKraC

No indication that he plans to run? Why publicize this, then? (Actually, I find the tweet to be quite a contradiction :mrgreen: Huck is so focussed on 2014 but he has time to tout his excellent poll numbers.)
:floor

Gallup wrote:
Huckabee May Have Slight Edge in GOP Field for General Election

Former Arkansas governor and current talk show host Mike Huckabee is arguably in a slightly better position image-wise among the national adult population than other potential Republican presidential candidates. His +12 net favorable rating edges out Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul's +9 for the highest among Republican candidates. Huckabee's 54% familiarity score trails those for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (65%) and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (65%), but is above the 52% average for the 11 Republicans measured in the poll. Christie's and Bush's net favorable ratings are among the lowest.

Politicians do this: throw in teasers to keep interest up; do polls or publish their best ones; spin. Part of what Gov. Huckabee must do to decide if there is support to run is to make many contacts that we will never know about. He travels most days of every week. He is getting his name, image, and message out to the public. These are great foundations for a campaign run. Since this nation is in such a mess, he has to throw out some hopeful hints about how he might change it. But, yes, he is a truthful man, and he has not decided 100% that I know of, whether to run. Many "indicators" indicate he will run, Lord-willing.

Profile Send private message