Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:29 am 
Captain

Liked: 25
I've popped in a couple of times in the last two weeks - and found no new posts or topics. scratch

Now I understand it's summer, and that Mike has not given any indication that he is going to run, and we are all grasping at any clues, omens, whatever, but it doesn't help the cause to be silent.

Are there any other Huckabee supporters out there who want to keep the buzz alive? Are people posting elsewhere?

Or are people just holding their breaths waiting - waiting - waiting for Mike to say something to make us jump up and down!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Lee wrote:
I've popped in a couple of times in the last two weeks - and found no new posts or topics. scratch

Now I understand it's summer, and that Mike has not given any indication that he is going to run, and we are all grasping at any clues, omens, whatever, but it doesn't help the cause to be silent.

Are there any other Huckabee supporters out there who want to keep the buzz alive? Are people posting elsewhere?

Or are people just holding their breaths waiting - waiting - waiting for Mike to say something to make us jump up and down!

I can only speak for myself. But I have been crazy-busy campaigning for Beverly Gossage for Kansas Insurance Commissioner. As our county chairperson for her, I had to get 2000 bags of literature stuffed and was involved with "dropping" around 1300 pieces of literature at targeted doors. I wish I had worn a pedometer! But some days I walked/drove from 8:00 AM to about 9:00 PM, not counting a few lunch breaks. I know in one town we walked 18,000 steps, and in another 12-15 miles. Not bad for someone who (too) rarely walks! Actually we had nice plastic bags, or sleeves, with holes at the top that fit over door handles or knobs. It was such an honor to help this godly, intelligent and committed lady, who is among the premier experts in the nation on truly affordable health plans, such as pioneering work in Medical Savings Accounts and writing the first Health Savings Accounts. It was really sad that in the five-way race (one man with his name on the list just as a spoiler) she came in second. People did not know what they were doing to fail to put in place the one person who could really overturn Obamacare.

Also, many other things were going on in our family and farm that are too numerous to mention.

Now, it is time to start thinking even more seriously about Gov. Huckabee running. He evidently told Steve Deace that he is 75% likely to run for President! So we may need to get out our army boots before too long.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Lee, keep popping back. ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Quote:
The winner of Iowa’s 2008 first-in-the-nation precinct caucuses shied away from saying how certain he is that he’ll run. He’s maintaining a “delicate balance,” he told reporters at an early-morning roundtable, because his radio and TV contracts preclude him from being a candidate.

Those contracts, however, don’t prevent him from thinking about it.

“This is not some real remote likelihood,” Huckabee said. "This is something I’m very seriously considering."

http://qctimes.com/news/local/governmen ... 1d838.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 pm 
***** General

Lee wrote:

Well let's be frank. There ARE indications, but not the kind that draw too much attention. He is on the speaking circuit in the primary states, doing the same things that other potential candidates are doing. But it IS too early to expect a clear sign.

I don't think he'll be the first to announce, but start paying attention to what he says when he's on his book tour in 5 months. He'll be doing local news interviews, and you'll need to be listening for "stump" style speech, you should be able to recognize it from 2007 (Ex. when he was last on with Chris Wallace, he mentioned the dirt floors, and the waitstaff/head table).

As far as a home for the pro-Huck people... I just dont know. I'm not a fan of facebook, and I don't know if there's is a lot of support to be found there. I can't even get in touch with Hucksarmy's more prolific posters, it's like everybody dropped off the face of the earth. But if we want to make a home for Pro huckabee people (IS ANYBODY LISTENING?) there are things we can do to promote the forum.

Anybody visiting HucksArmy.com is going to find a dead site, and disregard it. Anybody clicking on "Leadership" at the top of this page finds a very apt answer - Not Found. I mean I still want to know what happened to all my private messages, which had contact info and strategy notes! Just vanished?!

Ha, sorry to go off on a rant. But you can't say I'm not spirited!

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:18 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
I am here. Busy homeschooling and sewing and traveling to Scottish highland dance competitions and demos. Waiting on Mike's decision. Still watch the show faithfully as much as I can maybe missed 15 shows in all this time. :D just don't have Internet at home makes it hard for me to comment.

Post by c murphy Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 am 
Site Admin

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Lee wrote:

Well let's be frank. There ARE indications, but not the kind that draw too much attention. He is on the speaking circuit in the primary states, doing the same things that other potential candidates are doing. But it IS too early to expect a clear sign.

I don't think he'll be the first to announce, but start paying attention to what he says when he's on his book tour in 5 months. He'll be doing local news interviews, and you'll need to be listening for "stump" style speech, you should be able to recognize it from 2007 (Ex. when he was last on with Chris Wallace, he mentioned the dirt floors, and the waitstaff/head table).

As far as a home for the pro-Huck people... I just dont know. I'm not a fan of facebook, and I don't know if there's is a lot of support to be found there. I can't even get in touch with Hucksarmy's more prolific posters, it's like everybody dropped off the face of the earth. But if we want to make a home for Pro huckabee people (IS ANYBODY LISTENING?) there are things we can do to promote the forum.

Anybody visiting HucksArmy.com is going to find a dead site, and disregard it. Anybody clicking on "Leadership" at the top of this page finds a very apt answer - Not Found. I mean I still want to know what happened to all my private messages, which had contact info and strategy notes! Just vanished?!

Ha, sorry to go off on a rant. But you can't say I'm not spirited!

Yes, there has been a big push to go to Facebook only. That is fine, but I also strongly believe we need to maintain and grow this site. We need both-- Facebook, for the more public information, as well as a website (here) for strategic planning and action if Governor Huckabee runs. We are in a position of getting ready, and waiting for the go-ahead.

Also, the wealth of names here are still stored and would be a good starting point. Huck's Army has had the best people on earth. We will also again need the help of those more knowledgeable technically with computers, internet, etc. than I am. Bill (Huck's Army) has spent much of his own money and time to maintain and bring back this site. It was attacked in the past, as you know. If you have issues or questions, please send a PM to Bill.

It seems we're in a kind of waiting mode, not knowing what Gov. Huckabee will do, for sure. He has always been against long, long campaigns, but it seems many things may turn out differently this time, perhaps causing him to announce early. He is very wise and still has Chip Salzman and Alice Stewart as friends to advise. Also, his daughter Sarah is a hard worker and his wife Janet a wonderful support and advisor.

Please pray for Governor Huckabee and his family, first of all. The forces of evil against him are and will be great, including the attack of his web or Facebook sites. Read the book What Went Wrong about Romney's defeat and the last minute attack the Democrats used to disable his computers the last day, leading quite possibly to a Republican loss. We will need the brightest and best, plus the help of the Almighty, to win and have hope of turning around this nation.

This is a verse a friend sent me:
"Cast your burden on the LORD,
and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." (Psalm 55:22)

We very much need you, Lee and Christopher and C. Murphy, to help if Huckabee runs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Who will answer the call?

"PFC so and so, report for duty..."

No answer?

I just attended my brother's funeral, and he could not answer. It was a touching ceremony with a military honors, taps, gun salute, etc. at the grave site. Our family was given a folded American flag in honor of our brother's outstanding service.

We need to have a reporting here, also, and show we are not as dead people.

An army must not be dead or deaf. Must we not band together now, in preparation for the contest? I think so.

I have faith we can, and when the time is right Hucks Army will be an important part of any run for the Presidency Gov. Huckabee makes, but the battle must be joined before it begins.

Thanks for letting me voice a concern, not a complaint. Please help the cause.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I have a lot of postings on my facebook page so, the supporters are still out there. I pop in here every once in a while to see if traffic is picking up. Quite frankly, I need another telephone tutorial or maybe someone to message me with instructions for pulling articles, youtube on to this and other sites like facebook, because I have forgotten everything I knew about pulling articles to post on here, etc. I am ready willing and able to help any way I can.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:34 am 
Site Admin

nrobyar wrote:
I have a lot of postings on my facebook page so, the supporters are still out there. I pop in here every once in a while to see if traffic is picking up. Quite frankly, I need another telephone tutorial or maybe someone to message me with instructions for pulling articles, youtube on to this and other sites like facebook, because I have forgotten everything I knew about pulling articles to post on here, etc. I am ready willing and able to help any way I can.

Thank you so much nrobyar. Yes, I feel we are out there. And yes, I hear from those who feel the site is a little difficult to find, sign up for, use, etc. I think Facebook has changed things since 2007, when the webpage was the more popular and used. Yet, I don't quite trust Facebook alone, and feel perhaps we need to streamline or rework a few things at our Hucks Army site to make it easier and more accessible. I have a few ideas...

For the troubling, dangerous, and crucial coming days we must get serious. We must unite and find a way to reach as many folks as possible. And we still need a semi-secret place to plan and mobilize. I, along with Hucks Army founder, Bill Goins, hope to make this the place. If you have ideas, questions, or suggestions, and especially if you are serious about helping, please send a PM to Bill.

I want to take your suggestions seriously, too. I also very much need technical help, and want to try to post some helps on how to post links, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Hi Linda,

good to see you are still out there and supporting Gov Huckabee. Please PM me and give me your phone # and I will be glad to make you a Mod again. Once you are a Mod it is easier to post different material and information.

Post by Hucks Army - Bill Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:21 am 
** General

Liked: 107
Sorry guys, I signed up with a direct selling company a few months ago so I've been busy trying to build up my business. I will make more of an effort to visit more. I guess I'm just waiting until we finally have an answer on if he's running.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Huckabeliever wrote:
Sorry guys, I signed up with a direct selling company a few months ago so I've been busy trying to build up my business. I will make more of an effort to visit more. I guess I'm just waiting until we finally have an answer on if he's running.

We need to keep our businesses going, and our families and friendships, as well as our ministies of service, etc. I think we are all waiting for the next step. People are so busy that it is hard to post when something does not seem urgent. But keep your eyes and ears open. Right now, the best thing we can probably do is to pray for Gov. Huckabee and the team he will put together if he runs for President.

A recent CNN poll put Gov. Huckabee a "lap ahead" of other potential Presidential candidates in Iowa!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:57 pm 
***** General

Just a reminder: While it is limited in what we can do to help Huckabee at this stage, one thing we can do is add our voice to comments sections of relevant articles. Something surprising happened today: I commented underthis article by Romney fan-boy Hugh Hewitt. To my surprise, when I visited Race42016, I saw that someone is parroting my talking points in favor of Huckabee! The lesson is, when you speak up with a concise message, others are emboldened to add their voice to our cause because now they know what to say!

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace