Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Please pray for this event today (Sunday) and watch. I think 2,500 churches will simulcast:

Mike Huckabee, Houston 5, Tony Perkins, Pastor Steve Riggle to Hold News Conference to Preview 'I Stand Sunday' Live Simulcast
PR Newswire
October 31, 2014 11:19 AM

HOUSTON, Oct. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Sunday, November 2, Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins, Gov. Mike Huckabee, Pastor Steve Riggle, Dr. Ronnie Floyd, Dr. Rick Scarborough and the Houston pastors targeted by the Mayor will hold a 4:00 p.m. CT news conference to preview "I Stand Sunday." The live simulcast event will broadcast that evening from Grace Community Church to more than 2,500 churches and home groups across the country.

"I Stand Sunday" will provide churches across the nation the opportunity to stand with the pastors and churches in Houston, Texas who have been harassed by the city's Mayor because they publicly challenged her efforts to advance policies that are in direct conflict with biblical morality.

The simulcast, cosponsored by Family Research Council, Vision America, Alliance Defending Freedom, and Christians Vote, will also feature Duck Dynasty's Phil and Al Robertson, the Benham Brothers, Fox News columnist and commentator Todd Starnes among others. American Family Radio and Bott Radio are cosponsors that will provide live coverage of the event.

"'I Stand Sunday' is a call for Christians across the country to stand for religious freedom and stand unyielding to those who would silence the voice of Christians in the public arena," said Family Research Council President Tony Perkins. "This was never about the subpoena of pastors' sermons; in fact, this is about the Mayor engaging in political intimidation and denying citizens the right to vote."

"Pastors have every right under the Constitution to speak to these issues but from a biblical perspective, they have a mandate to do so. We cannot grow silent in the face of political intimidation. We must stand up for the freedom to live out our faith free of government intrusion and monitoring," concluded Perkins.

WHO:
Former Governor Mike Huckabee
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Alan Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council
Steve Riggle, Founding Senior Pastor, Grace Community Church, Houston, TX
Khanh Huynh, Senior Pastor, Vietnamese Baptist Church, Houston, TX
Dave Welch, Executive Director, Houston Pastors Council
Hernan Castano, Pastor, Iglesia Rios de Aceite, Houston, TX
Magda Hermida, Founder, Magda Hermida Ministries, Houston, TX
Willie Davis, Senior Pastor, MacGregor Palm Community Baptist Church in Houston, TX
Dr. Ed Young, Pastor, Second Baptist Church Houston, TX
Max Miller, Senior Pastor, Mount Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, President, Baptist Ministers' Association
Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President, Southern Baptist Convention
Todd Starnes, Host, Fox News and Commentary; Contributor, FOX & Friends; Author
Rick Scarborough, Founder and President, Vision America
David and Jason Benham, Benham Brothers Companies
Erik Stanley, Director of the Church Project and Pulpit Initiative, Alliance Defending Freedom
Moriah Peters, Christian Music Artist

WHAT: News conference and simulcast event: "I Stand Sunday"

WHERE: Grace Community Church
14505 Gulf Freeway Houston, TX 77034

WHEN: Sunday, November 2, 2014
News Conference: 4:00 p.m. CT (in the Chapel of Grace Community Church)
Simulcast: 6:00 p.m. CT

WEBCAST: News conference can be viewed live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE670mUHWws and the simulcast can be viewed at www.istandsunday.com

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I am sitting here after watching for two hours, just stunned and silenced in awe at what I just watched from Houston.

First, how could this event be so flawless though planned over a period of only about two weeks? And how could every speaker expand upon the spiritual message of each other and create such enthusiasm for suffering for Christ? It had to have been from the Holy Spirit, as well as great technical skills. It had to have been the moving of God on these godly men, for them to speak up with such eloquence that moved the congregation to their feet much of the time. Gov. Huckabee at one point had everyone take out their iPhones, etc., and hold up a picture of someone they would be willing to die for, like he would do for his four grandchildren. And then he told them, "If you would die for them, surely you can get out and vote." A very effective speech!

The message of the day is one I have been trying to pound home, but finding a lot of ho-hum responses from people. America is in grave danger of demise and loss of freedom if we do not turn to God now, repent of our sins, and boldly proclaim Jesus Christ. The message from all the speakers was the same--that it is up to the pastors to stand and lead America back to our spiritual heritage of true biblical, fearless preaching. Gov. Huckabee noted that we need to get out and vote, all 80,000+ of those who say they are evangelical Christians. The terrible mayor was elected because only 10% of the people voted. There are no excuses.

I do feel hopeful after watching this evenings speeches that America can be saved, if pastors wake up and then wake up their churches. Hopefully, each one of you can see a rerun of this event at the FRC website on YouTube. And please be encouraged to pray. Our pastors are coming alive and responding to our need and plea for leadership.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I love the way you described it. I will have to look into the event more. I hope this is the start of something bigger. I see already that churches are beginning to endorse candidates.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:19 am 
** General

Liked: 107
I watched about an hour of it and loved it!