Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bobby Jindal in Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I was quite impressed by this article about Louisiana Gov. Jindal--his stand on issues (same as Gov. Huckabee), his faith, his Harvard creds, etc.

If he were chosen to be V.P. running mate by Huckabee, Jindal would bring the people who like Harvard degrees, perhaps, and would satisfy some people's insistence that we find someone of "color" with a different ethnic background. But he would be a great running mate of character and faith, first of all.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... /21371943/

By the way, Lou Dobbs was on a FoxNews panel (outnumbered with women :wink: ) and he was the most positive on the panel for Huckabee's run for President. He said America needs a man of faith like Gov. Huckabee to turn our nation around.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bobby Jindal in Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Bobby Jindal does look good on paper. But have you ever listened to him talk? He's very long-winded. He tries to get out everything he knows for every response to a question - and nothing hits home.

But I gotta admit - Huckabee/Jindal sounds about right.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Bobby Jindal does look good on paper. But have you ever listened to him talk? He's very long-winded. He tries to get out everything he knows for every response to a question - and nothing hits home.

No, I have never heard Jindal in person, but do understand he does not "shine" like a Huckabee, who has a very succinct, witty, and wise way of lighting up a room.

Where have you heard him?

Post by justgrace Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
justgrace wrote:
christopher.wilkerson wrote:

No, I have never heard Jindal in person, but do understand he does not "shine" like a Huckabee, who has a very succinct, witty, and wise way of lighting up a room.

Where have you heard him?

Really poor State of the Union response 2009...(practically took him out of the running for 2012 singlehandedly)

Post by steves Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:42 pm 

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:
I was quite impressed by this article about Louisiana Gov. Jindal--his stand on issues (same as Gov. Huckabee), his faith, his Harvard creds, etc.

If he were chosen to be V.P. running mate by Huckabee, Jindal would bring the people who like Harvard degrees, perhaps, and would satisfy some people's insistence that we find someone of "color" with a different ethnic background. But he would be a great running mate of character and faith, first of all.

By the way, Lou Dobbs was on a FoxNews panel (outnumbered with women :wink: ) and he was the most positive on the panel for Huckabee's run for President. He said America needs a man of faith like Gov. Huckabee to turn our nation around.

Okay, Jindal is not a "traditional white Southern" - but wouldn't it be somewhat unbalanced, having two former Governors from the South on the same ticket ?

Post by Peter Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Peter wrote:
justgrace wrote:

Okay, Jindal is not a "traditional white Southern" - but wouldn't it be somewhat unbalanced, having two former Governors from the South on the same ticket ?

Similar tickets are not without precedent. You had double southerners with Clinton/Gore, and double senators with Obama/Biden.

Picking an experienced legislator could be beneficial. Jindal served only 4 years in the U.S. House .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 am 
Major

Liked: 8
Jindal is the type of person who would have done well before the age of television. It's a shame. He's a wonderful public servant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:37 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Jindal's strengths in the GOP are the same as Huckabee's and not to the extent of Huckabees. He would make a TERRIBLE VP choice as he brings nothing to the ticket. If Huckabee didn't run he would be a great replacement at the top for my own beliefs, but he does not connect with people the way Huckabee does. Huck will need to select someone that compliments him while shoring up any of his potential weaknesses. I could see a fiscal hawk, a midwest governor, or a hispanic up and comer as a grfeat VPm choice. I think Scott Walker fits the first two although I expect him to run as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Regardless of who wins the nomination...the short list for VP should have 1 name on it: Susana Martinez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:09 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
I agree that Martinez should be near the top of the list. The fact that she is only 2 generations separated from mexican immigrants is a help; she is divorced, which may be something that would lead Huck to pick someone else.

Winning two elections is great, but her record has its issues; such as the fact that new mexico is dropping jobs left and right even in the job recovery we have been having (wikipedia states NM is 1 of only 2 states during the 12 months ending April 2014 to lose jobs). And that NM is 50th is job creation since Martinez tok office.

I feel like those are a couple of things that will be enough to push Huckabee elsewhere.