Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:40 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
As I watch the religious liberty fight in Indiana, and now maybe Arkansas, I couldn't help but think of MH's new book in which he argues the coastal/cultural elites just don't get the values of the average people of this country.

Has Mike said anything about this religious liberty issue in the last couple of days? Now that Arkansas might be joining the fight, will he speak up? I hope so - though that will likely lead to a savage counterattack.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I have been very disappointed in how Mike Pence has handled this 'controversy'. He seemed cowed when he gave his statement, and even used the language of the left - talking about "we're not discriminating against people based on who they love". Who will speak out from a position of strength? With the conviction to say what is right and wrong?

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
I agree - I think Pence kind of caved - though not completely. I hope the Arkansas people stay strong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:16 am 

Liked: 340
Lee wrote:
As I watch the religious liberty fight in Indiana, and now maybe Arkansas, I couldn't help but think of MH's new book in which he argues the coastal/cultural elites just don't get the values of the average people of this country.

Has Mike said anything about this religious liberty issue in the last couple of days? Now that Arkansas might be joining the fight, will he speak up? I hope so - though that will likely lead to a savage counterattack.

Gov. Huckabee has weighed in on the issue.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/01/carly-fiorina-and-mike-huckabee-defend-religious-liberty-tolerance-for-all/

Quote:
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and former HP CEO Carly Fiorina—both possible 2016 contenders—addressed the ongoing debate.

“Religious freedom laws are shields to protect individuals, not swords,” said Mike Huckabee in an emailed statement addressing the controversy over the religious liberty laws in both Indiana and Arkansas.

“Critics of the Indiana law have distorted this legislation and created another phony crisis and sadly many major corporations, organizations, and individuals have collapsed under the weight of the irrational pressure from the far left,” Huckabee said.

The former Arkansas Governor said RFRA is meant to protect and preserve the religious freedom of all American citizens.

“Where were the protests when President Clinton signed the original law back in 1993, which passed almost unanimously and when Senator Obama supported it in Illinois?” questioned Huckabee.

He added the substance of religious liberty laws hasn’t changed—“what has changed is the anger, deception and intolerance from those on the left who assault our religious liberties,” he added.