Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Entitlement problem...
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
It's one thing for G.H. to say that those who've paid in deserve to get paid back. He has to back pair that statement with some sort of long term entitlement reform though. Maybe he has and I've missed it. It certainly isn't being reported...
http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/11/why-y ... kabees-cam

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:14 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
I agree with this!

I like the way Huckabee is using his populist appeal and tendencies to make statements that taken a literal face value, I can agree with.

But there must be some entitlement reform.

And if the fair tax by some miracle could be pushed through and income is no longer taxed at all, than his argument is no longer valid.

He may be walking too fine a line here, I hope he knows what he is doing.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Again, I feel this is just a matter of emphasis. Build a bulwark against Democrat attacks that he will dismantle entitlements. He's not against reform... but senior voters must be reassured before digging into details.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Governor Huckabee makes sense to address the Medicare and Medicaid entitlement spending as something that has been promised to those who have paid in. This cannot be ignored. The ethics of the matter is that the people have already paid for this "insurance," and it is not right to deny them care just because the government has mismanaged their money and promised them products they will not be able to deliver.

I am sure Huckabee will work to bring reform, too, down the line, but not at the expense of seniors. There is much government waste that could be eliminated first. The Fair Tax system would bring trillions of offshore money back to our shores. The entitlement system must be replaced or reformed, but who knows how big a job that would be, and when it could be achieved. None of us like how big and how unwieldy these government agencies have become. But Gov. Huckabee will need to come up with concrete and positive plans, which I feel he will, to help us out of the maze.

Some of the conservative candidates who are most vocal about taking away Medicaid or Medicare ought to think this through a little harder. This is not an issue of just saving dollars, but of saving lives, and of being fair to those who have paid in. Replacing Medicare and Medicaid, which were instituted under the liberal President Johnson's War on Poverty over 50 years ago by the Eighty-ninth Congress, will not be easy to do. And certainly those who have paid in the to the system longest should not be made to pay the bitterest price of not having the promised medical care. Of more recent vintage, Obamacare might be easier to overturn and should be the first battle to pick, because it is immoral and oppressive, and a huge overreach of government control.

Post by justgrace Liked by: christopher.wilkerson