Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What should the primary focus of HucksArmy be?
Poll ended at Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:57 pm
To be a fan club for former Governor Mike Huckabee. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
To be a message board to discuss the news of the day, and news related to Gov. Huckabee. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
To be a grassroots organization laying the groundwork for Mike Huckabee's probable run for President in 2012. 86%  86%  [ 18 ]
Giving a community of people who share the same ideals a place to voice their opinions. 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
It looks like Huckpac is getting ready for a major launch for 2010. If you are not already signed up to help in your state, please do so. I have received emails regarding restructuring each state around congressional districts.

Also, check out for the latest on Huckpac activities:

http://twitter.com/TeamHuckHQ

http://twitter.com/HucksArmy/pro-huckabee

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
If we want to organize a group to attend CPAC we will need to plan it several months in advance. People need to be able to schedule time off work or school. Some folks may need to save up for such an event as well.

I'm pretty sure that the CPAC's are held each year, in February or March, in Washington DC. Since we are only two months away from the 2010 CPAC, we should probably look at the 2011 event instead.

Most of the 2012 candidates will be launching their campaigns around the time of the 2011 CPAC. This could be a great HucksArmy kickoff event for Mike's 2012 campaign.

I need to do more research on what activities are normally done by grassroots organizations at CPAC.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
ConservTexan wrote:
t looks like Huckpac is getting ready for a major launch for 2010. If you are not already signed up to help in your state, please do so. I have received emails regarding restructuring each state around congressional districts.
Where did you read info on a major launch? Have I not signed up for the proper things, or is no one communicating with me from Team Huck GA?

And do you believe that HucksArmy should be an independent organization going it's own way, or do we follow the lead of HuckPAC and just wait for instructions from them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
If I could vote two options, I would pick #3 and #4 (I'm in the minority here and picked #4, though). I want to do everything that I possibly can do to help Huck win in 2012 and to that extent, #3 is my choice. But, for many of us, the reasons we support Gov. Huckabee is because of the ideals that he supports - especially the right to life, the defense of traditional marriage, against senseless spending of government resources and true tax refrom. And I think that to that degree, I think this forum is valuable as a place to discuss issues like that - issues, which in turn, also have the effect of reinforcing our desire to see Huckabee, who supports these ideals better than any other candidate, in the White House in January, 2013.

For example, I saw a thread the other day on abortion statistics. Not directly related to Huckabee and his campaign, but a topic of critical interest and something that we all need to be aware of and hold our leaders accountable for.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:49 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
If there is really a group here that is actually willing to become activite in helping promote the issues that ralled us around Gov Huckabee I have a perfect mission for the members of Hucks Army that would want to put forth the effort to make a difference in a campaign. I have recieved a specific personal request for my aid and the aid of Hucks Army from Bill Johnson that is running for KY Senator to replace Jim Bunning who is not running for reelection. This is the race where Rand Paul the son or Ron Paul is making a big splash because of all the money he is raising nationally through his fathers followers, We beat the money before and we can do it again. The other canidate is Trey Grayson an ex democrat turned republican so he thought, could be an easy route to the nonomation, But Paul raised a lot of money and got some Tea Party support and now has climbed in the polls, Grayson is the Rebublican establishment canadidate, but he has very soft support. I believe that KY is a small enought state in number of primary voters that we as Hucks Army could make enough difference to enable Bill two win in three way race. Not like Florida where there will be hunders of thousands of votes cast. I have talked with Bill several time and am now convinced he is one of the most likely up and comming young leaders of the Republican Party to unite the party and win elections. Check Bill out at http://www.kentuckybill.com. He is a young Huckabee with a lot of pluses, 10 yrs Naval officer, successful business man, never been involved in politicits before, giving up a great job because he believes God has called him into this race to help save our great country. Please check him out at http://www.kentuckybill.com and post your contacts back here or pm or email me at bill@hucksarmy.com. Looking forward to your comments.

Bill Goins
Sec of Defense
Hucks Army

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 23
I'm all for Rand Paul in that race. He very much a fiscal conservative like his father, but his foreign policy is better.

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 24
Hucks Army wrote:
If there is really a group here that is actually willing to become activite in helping promote the issues that ralled us around Gov Huckabee I have a perfect mission for the members of Hucks Army that would want to put forth the effort to make a difference in a campaign. I have recieved a specific personal request for my aid and the aid of Hucks Army from Bill Johnson that is running for KY Senator to replace Jim Bunning who is not running for reelection. This is the race where Rand Paul the son or Ron Paul is making a big splash because of all the money he is raising nationally through his fathers followers, We beat the money before and we can do it again. The other canidate is Trey Grayson an ex democrat turned republican so he thought, could be an easy route to the nonomation, But Paul raised a lot of money and got some Tea Party support and now has climbed in the polls, Grayson is the Rebublican establishment canadidate, but he has very soft support. I believe that KY is a small enought state in number of primary voters that we as Hucks Army could make enough difference to enable Bill two win in three way race. Not like Florida where there will be hunders of thousands of votes cast. I have talked with Bill several time and am now convinced he is one of the most likely up and comming young leaders of the Republican Party to unite the party and win elections. Check Bill out at http://www.kentuckybill.com. He is a young Huckabee with a lot of pluses, 10 yrs Naval officer, successful business man, never been involved in politicits before, giving up a great job because he believes God has called him into this race to help save our great country. Please check him out at http://www.kentuckybill.com and post your contacts back here or pm or email me at bill@hucksarmy.com. Looking forward to your comments.

Bill Goins
Sec of Defense
Hucks Army

Has anyone been endorsed by Huckpac in that race? Would it be a good idea for them to endorse someone against Rand Paul especially since we need the Paul supporters? If Rand is anything like his father, he is pro-life, fiscally conservative, and completely pro-Constitutional. As has been discussed on another thread, I believe we need to reach out to the Paul supporters as Chuck Norris just did on the Alex Jones show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Quote:
And do you believe that HucksArmy should be an independent organization

I have voted for #3, concentrate our efforts on electing Mike Huckabee in 2012. In my opinion, if he thinks Obama is beatable, Mike will be there in 2012. If he thinks Obama will be reelected, he will wait for 2016. One way or another, I believe Huckabee will re-run again for president. Therefore, any efforts we expend in 2012 I think will not be wasted.

Christopher, I believe that HucksArmy should be an independent organization. We can go where HuckPac cannot. We should not be in opposition to HuckPac (otherwise what the heck are we standing for) but we should move independently.

Look at how quickly we got a rewrite from Ryan Rhodes re the Iowa Tea Party activists when we voiced our suspicions and our support. We need to make our voice heard, sometimes individually, sometimes as a group, but always in a concentrated fashion. Just as many leaders and pundits fear backlash from Palin supporters, they will fear backlash from Huckabee supporters. I am not suggesting we use that power arbitrarily or unfairly (or in the form of victims -- I truly dislike that stance), but we should certainly recognize the "power" we hold and refrain from acting as if we are backing a third-string potential candidate.

I do not believe we should involve ourselves as a group in endorsing 2010 and other candidates. There would be many who might disagree on who those candidates should be and we would be taking our efforts in the wrong direction. Leave that to Huck Pac. We all agree (and if you don't then reconsider your membership) that, at least here and now, Mike Huckabee is our candidate. That is where we should concentrate our efforts.

Boards, committees, breakdown of authorization -- all of these are fine, if everyone agrees to abide by them, and if these bodies do not become an entity onto themselves -- forgetting the purpose of Huck's Army. I have seen that happen too often. But I totally agree, to be more efficient, we must be more organized.

Certainly, mounting presence at important functions (i.e, CPAC, Southern Conference, Value Voters) is a must. I think we have started in that direction. But it would be helpful if we have a "committee" directly in charge -- to the extent we do not already.

Secondly, mounting resistance and retort to unfair criticism is equally important -- and I think the Clemmons incident brought out the best in many of Huck's Army members. Perhaps having a panel that compiles information and makes it readily available for members to use would be a good idea.

Having an Ideas Committee is often helpful -- although sometimes it goes off course. Maybe we could set up an "ideas" thread -- Members Only (you know how I covert privacy) and bump it up every now and then. Then members could suggest new "ideas" as we go along.

We have some pretty terrific writers on this forum. Perhaps certain of them could begin circulating articles for publication. They do not necessarily have to focus completely on Huckabee but, naturally, somewhere in there should be the suggestion that he is the way to go. Again, this writing effort can be individually or writers can form a sort of editorial panel.

We need to get the word out to the establishment -- mainly politicians -- but also certain pundits (i.e., forget the Michelle Malkin types but concentrate on those who seem willing to listen); again, we need to exercise our "Huckabee" power and stress that how we spend our time (i.e., listening to their programs, reading their blogs) or voting for them depend on how they respect our values and our candidate. May I suggest that the biggest way to hit the media is to stop listening to unfair critics. Maybe we could have a panel that reports back to us so that we can keep abreast of what others are saying but minimize the ratings and hits. (And a panel wherein our responses to certain blogs are concentrated might not be a bad idea.)

These are just a few off-the-cuff ideas. In general, I believe in dealing from strength, rather than weakness; I believe civility will take the day far more than crudeness; I believe strength lies in ideology as well as numbers; and I believe organization is always a good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
Re: Poll. Why not 2,3,& 4 inclusively? "Fan Club" rings a tad adolescent--although there are many adolescents who could--and should--be recruited. They can walk and hang doorhangers a lot longer than the adults, and their enthusiasm is catching.

Hucks Army should stay Huck's Army. It is a known commodity and an internet presence. We should also capitalize on the fact we are one of the most inclusive and polite political sites in the known universe. The average voter stays away from "politics" because there is a great deal of sheer rudeness, cruelty and "mal-langue" out there. When they go on political internet sites the first emotion they feel is disgust, and it turns them off politics.

I would like us to become a magnate for the average voter--of whichever party. In the ideal world common sense has no political bias, and Mike Huckabee has gone out on a limb many times to acknowledge the common sense or fairness of opposition party proposals and speeches. I would like to think we promote conservative values by showing their positive application in the real world to the benefit of every American--not just Republican-Americans.

For many on the left, conservatism is the philosophy of "Thou shalt not...". It is limiting, discriminatory and elitist. That is not the conservatism of Ronald Reagan or Mike Huckabee. While "a rising tide lifts all boats" has pretty much been proved to apply only to marinas, there is a lot more to Reagan conservatism which can appeal to everyone. We should be the site to make that appeal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
All of those choices are important to our goal, but what you are asking is what the PRIMARY focus of HA should be.

From the Forum Purpose and Goals thread:
Quote:
This forum is about a man who will take this country up, not down; someone who can unite this country, not polarize it further; someone who has a proven track record as an innovative, optimistic, and authentic conservative. That man is Mike Huckabee.

It is intended to facilitate the grassroots activities of Huckabee supporters. Join to learn more about Huckabee from real people and to and help facilitate grassroots efforts in your area and nation-wide.

This forum was created to help spread the ideas of Mike Huckabee throughout the country, not necessarily with the only goal to get Mike into office.

This forum is much bigger than Mike Huckabee. It has become a place to work together, through the grassroots, for the ideas and principles that we think will make the country a better place for everyone.

The most important goal of this forum is to spread the ideas of conservatism to all. The best way that we can do that is to get a man into the office of the President who most closely shares those ideas, a man named Mike Huckabee.

While that is the main goal, it is not the mission. I believe we have a bigger calling than that. Huck's Army should not die once Mike gets into office. We need to stay vigilant in our pursuit of conservative ideas in the government. Later down the road, after Mike has his 8 years, Liberalism may begin its creep back into government. While many of us may not be around here for that, our duty is to make sure that there are others who will still fight the good fight. We need to explain and excite others as to why what we believe is what is best for all.

Our impact needs to reach beyond this website, beyond Mike Huckabee, beyond our lifetimes, and should reach to our families, neighbors, members of our church, strangers, and everyone else we encounter. If we truly believe that conservatism is the best hope for our country, and the world, then how can we stop, ever?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
I created my previous post before reading any of the other posts so as to have my own (hopefully) original thoughts come through on the subject.

After reading through all the posts now, I would like to make a couple comments.

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
So what I want to know is who's in charge here? Who's 'the Decider'? I know David has taken on a lot, and has done a great job with the front page/blog. But besides David, I'm curious about the roles of the administrators and moderators. Maybe some further delegation is needed.

David is the leader of our forum. He has taken a decidedly hands off approach and only steps in when absolutely needed. This is some of the beauty of the forum, that we are all capable of leading ourselves (and censoring for the most part). There are times when authority is needed, and David has the respect and admiration of all of us to do so.

I think it could be run more like a city council, or a board of directors...a group at the top who gives a yes/no on where we are going to direct our efforts.

When someone has a good idea we can post it, work it out in discussion, and then have the 'council' make the decision.

I do like this idea because power would not be centralized with one person (not that David would ever abuse his powers), but a (active) leadership team may be a good idea.
For that second part, I assume you mean issues critical to HA and the direction that it takes, not on which issues to be posted etc.

voter wrote:
Boards, committees, breakdown of authorization -- all of these are fine, if everyone agrees to abide by them, and if these bodies do not become an entity onto themselves -- forgetting the purpose of Huck's Army. I have seen that happen too often. But I totally agree, to be more efficient, we must be more organized.

I agree with this statement.

I came home and started reading through forum feedback. I saw a few ideas that never came to fruition. Then I clicked on Our Leadership. I saw a bunch of positions for which I have no idea of what their purposes are, and a bunch of names of people who haven't been around here in months, maybe a year.

Maybe we need some reorganization of leadership to include those who are active now, and resignation from leadership positions from those who haven't been here in a while.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 23
The Goal of Huck's Army has always been to help Mike Huckabee win the Presidential election. In 2012, he din't run, so we didn't have a lot to do, but he is running again, so I want to be there. I hope you do too. David is busy with other things, so he is not ready and willing to help Huckabee at this time. There are other former moderators that have begun to support other candidates. We hope many of them will come back when Mike Huckabee's campaign catches fire again. In the meantime, the rest of us will have work to do. I was recently promoted to take the place of David S. It is my job to help Bill re-build Huck's Army. For those of you reading this, please let other members know we are getting active again! In the next few weeks, I am going to be listening to suggestions, and re-building the web site and forums with a new look and feel, as well as new content. I have already been adding new content to our Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter accounts. Please like our Facebook page, subscribe to our Youtube channel, and follow our twitter account. Also share content from our social media accounts. We really want to build our online presence.

Follow me on Twitter

Post by Joshua Clinard has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Peter, sherri79