Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:18 am 
** General

Liked: 0
Saw this article over on the Harris brothers blog and didn't see it posted here yet. very encouraging. Thanks Alex and Brett and Joel for everything you did!

Quote:
March 4th, 2008
Dear Friends,

We three brothers began blogging for Governor Huckabee in August -- back when he was little more than an asterisk in the polls. Seven months and three hundred and sixteen posts later, we've seen him shock the world time and time again, going from second-tier to front-runner, and captivating the hearts and minds of hundreds of thousands of voters across America. Tonight, we watched him concede the race with grace, humility, and the same optimism, humor, and principled steadfastness that has defined his candidacy.

What an incredible ride it has been. Who would have thought that two 19-year-old twin brothers could make a mark on a presidential election? And yet an email reached Chuck Norris, a website launched a grassroots movement, and thousands of lives have changed -- ours included. We'll never forget the friendships and memories we've shared.

Huckabee inspired a movement. That movement will not fade. Unlike the superficial hero worship of "Obamamania," members of Huck's Army can articulate issues, principles, and a consistent, practical, and hopeful conservatism. We're not disillusioned, we're resolved. Some of us will run for office, all will stay engaged. It's all been worth it.

Brett and I are presently working on a column that will appear in the upcoming Sunday Edition of The Oregonian -- our state's largest newspaper. In it we'll reflect more fully on Huck's Army, Huckabee, and the future of the movement. We believe we'll be speaking for thousands of members of Huck's Army -- comrades we know and love.

The journey has only just begun. We hope you'll continue it with us.

Sincerely,

Alex Harris
for Alex, Brett, and Joel

P.S. We'll be posting our column on Sunday -- and other election-related thoughts as events warrant. We certainly hope to resurrect the blog for 2012. Meanwhile, to keep up on our activities, visit TheRebelution.com. We'd love to hear from you, meet you, and stay in touch.

http://ihearthuckabee.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 am 
Major

"we hope to resurrect the blog (Huck's Army) for 2012..."

sounds like they're shutting us down :cry:

And now, a loyal foot-soldier in the Huckabee Revolution. Image
Your News Theater Corespondent for HNN (Huck's News Network!)
"One small voice alone, one giant roar as a part of HUCK'S ARMY!"
II Timothy 2:2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:45 am 
***** General

2tim22 wrote:
"we hope to resurrect the blog (Huck's Army) for 2012..."

sounds like they're shutting us down :cry:

They're talking about their own personal blog. This is a forum. Does this cost money to keep open?

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:11 pm 
Private

This forum does cost some money to keep open. It is mainly based on the amount of traffic the site gets. I would estimate (based on the sites that I operate) that for about $10 per month and $10 per year for the domain name that HucksArmy.com could keep its doors open.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

I think this website should stay active and open. I am willing to contribute what I can to help maintain it.

CHARLIE MIKE HUCKS ARMY, CHARLIE MIKE

Sententia nos may exsisto pauci , nostrum vox vocis vadum perduco ut infinitio.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:04 pm 
***** General

Folks - We have a Huck's Army leadership conference call tomorrow. To calm any concerns.. as far as I know, there is no reason to believe that Huck's Army will go away . We just need to think about our focus for the next 3 years. Funding will not be an issue. We know that there would be plenty of people willing to help out with that if that ever became an issue.

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:07 pm 
Sergeant

Quote:
March 4th, 2008
Dear Friends,

We three brothers began blogging for Governor Huckabee in August -- back when he was little more than an asterisk in the polls. Seven months and three hundred and sixteen posts later, we've seen him shock the world time and time again, going from second-tier to front-runner, and captivating the hearts and minds of hundreds of thousands of voters across America. Tonight, we watched him concede the race with grace, humility, and the same optimism, humor, and principled steadfastness that has defined his candidacy.

What an incredible ride it has been. Who would have thought that two 19-year-old twin brothers could make a mark on a presidential election? And yet an email reached Chuck Norris, a website launched a grassroots movement, and thousands of lives have changed -- ours included. We'll never forget the friendships and memories we've shared.

Huckabee inspired a movement. That movement will not fade. Unlike the superficial hero worship of "Obamamania," members of Huck's Army can articulate issues, principles, and a consistent, practical, and hopeful conservatism. We're not disillusioned, we're resolved. Some of us will run for office, all will stay engaged. It's all been worth it.

Brett and I are presently working on a column that will appear in the upcoming Sunday Edition of The Oregonian -- our state's largest newspaper. In it we'll reflect more fully on Huck's Army, Huckabee, and the future of the movement. We believe we'll be speaking for thousands of members of Huck's Army -- comrades we know and love.

The journey has only just begun. We hope you'll continue it with us.

Sincerely,

Alex Harris
for Alex, Brett, and Joel

P.S. We'll be posting our column on Sunday -- and other election-related thoughts as events warrant. We certainly hope to resurrect the blog for 2012. Meanwhile, to keep up on our activities, visit TheRebelution.com. We'd love to hear from you, meet you, and stay in touch.

http://ihearthuckabee.blogspot.com/[/quote]

Thank you for your investment in this campaign and in the future of our country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm 
Major

opps, double post...deleted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:33 pm 
Major

Thanks for the clarification Trox, and thank you to the Harris brothers for starting this incredible grass roots campaign.

I for one vote to keep Huck's Army going!

(and you're right, funding will not be an issue)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:36 pm 
Corporal

A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to the Harris family - Huck's Army - we truly appreciate having this forum to join together in such a way to encourage and hold up Mike Huckabee and family plus each one on this site as well............

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:47 pm 
***** General

Ed Rollins said twice on tv this morning that Mike wants to keep Huck's Army intact. I don't think it's for the sole purpose of twiddling our thumbs for 4 years. I think he's going to put us to work campaigning for other worthy conservative candidates for congress. There is a paragraph in his thank you note that hints at this.

We will keep our website up and as we transition, will want to create a way to keep in touch and continue the battle for our families, our freedom, and our future. We will also focus on assisting conservative Senate and House candidates, in places where we know our investment of time and energy can make a real difference. You can expect us to be active online as we do this and to regularly solicit your opinions and support. Too many big issues are at stake for us to sit on the sidelines.

I THINK THAT MIKE IS ABOUT TO MAKE HIS WEBSITE AND GRESSROOTS THE HUB FOR A NATIONAL MOVEMENT TO REFORM THE GOP FROM THE INSIDE OUT!

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I am so grateful for this forum. I had read a lot of the Huckabee blogs for awhile, heard of Hucks Army, finally joined it, but still didn't 'get' there was a forum to read (I know, I can be dense at times :oops: ) - I finally figured that out and joined in mid-February, and was sorry I had missed out on the comraderie during earlier primaries. But it has been a huge blessing in my life, to get to know people here, and to receive so much encouragement.

One thing I have really, really appreciated is all the youtube/redlasso links of media clips. I feel as though I have my own personal cable channel. :)

Donna-Jean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

We are absolutely keeping Huck's Army going. This is only the beginning. =)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 pm 
** General

Liked: 11
Trox wrote:
Folks - We have a Huck's Army leadership conference call tomorrow. To calm any concerns.. as far as I know, there is no reason to believe that Huck's Army will go away . We just need to think about our focus for the next 3 years. Funding will not be an issue. We know that there would be plenty of people willing to help out with that if that ever became an issue.
I hope you take the time to do a "retrospective" - what worked, what didn't work, if you could turn back the clock what would you do the same, what would you do differently, what were our major accomplishments, etc. It is very important to capture those things while they are still fresh in your minds.

Also we now have something we never had before - some time to reflect. I strongly believe that "all of us are smarter than any of us" and I hope we can harness that somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
ihearthuckabee wrote:

As my kids say, "Sweet."

Donna-Jean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:02 pm 
Major

ihearthuckabee wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Now where do we go from here?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:30 pm 
Sergeant

Awesome!

Glad this won't be goin' anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:23 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
I own 3 different domain/websites. The cost is quite minimal to run them. It's the designing etc. that can be more costly, but we've already got that. It should not be at all difficult to keep this site going. I'm glad to hear we will keep going. There are a lot of good candidates we can get behind. Candidates Huck backs for example? Also, we can educate. I still don't think people understand the Fair Tax. That should really be explained and pushed the next few years. I trust Brett and Alex to do the right thing. They have shown incredible maturity and insight and I anticipate seeing what they will do next. Hang on! I think the ride has just begun! Whoopeee!

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:39 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

I agree with Bob, we need to have an education area where we can learn about different issues as well as a spot that details current bills in Congress.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have rooms for individual states to promote state candidates. I think that we have a tremedous resource at our fingertips, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

http://www.redcounty.com/polk/

Chairman and proud Member of the Iowa Brigade

http://iowabrigade.wordpress.com/

Chairman and proud Member of Iowa Defense Alliance

http://iowadefense.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:47 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Al Bregar wrote:
I agree with Bob, we need to have an education area where we can learn about different issues as well as a spot that details current bills in Congress.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have rooms for individual states to promote state candidates. I think that we have a tremedous resource at our fingertips, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

This is definately a step in the right direction. We are nowhere near done with this.

CHARLIE MIKE HUCKS ARMY, CHARLIE MIKE

Sententia nos may exsisto pauci , nostrum vox vocis vadum perduco ut infinitio.