Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Quote:
(2) Ronald Reagan joking on an open mic about launching nuclear weapons at Russia?

In today's world that would be cause for impeachment proceedings. We have lost our collective minds.

Bob Barr wrote:
“I call on all supporters of the Second Amendment and all supporters of civil discourse in our political races to demand a public apology from Gov. Huckabee.”

Way to be on top of things, Rip Van Winkle! We will wake you up the next time we need you. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:59 pm 
Corporal

Liked: 0
chapelccino wrote:
I didn't see it, but my mom just told me Gov. Huckabee was on with Geraldo earlier - mostly talking about Obama, about Ted Kennedy (his being taken to a hospital today), and then about what Gov. Huckabee said at the NRA. According to my Mom, it seems Geraldo 'likes him a great deal' - so perhaps it was a good interview.

I saw the interview and Huckabee apologized again and said it was not one of his best humorus moments. He said he has made some verbal mistakes in the past and probably will in the future but did not mean for it to be taken the way it was received by the media. Geraldo took him at his word and said he knows the kind of person he is and that he intended no harm.

The bottom line is the people who know Huckabee took it for what it was, some humor in poor taste in the excitment of a pro-gun ownership convention. It's the other people we have to educate and reach on why Huckabee is the best choice for leadership of the country. Huckabee is a poweful speaker (remember his fabulous debate performances). A bad humor joke every once in awhile will bring the same excited responses, even if in the negative. Trust that Huckabee can take care of himself. Remember we want him to be president.

Everyday I can't wait to check this site just to see what GrannyT has posted. :D

Huckabee VP 2008
Huckabee Pres 2012

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
My two oldest sons attended Summit Ministries' Leadership Camp in TN several summers ago. One of the classes they took was on politics. In lecturing about the role of the press today, their instructor told them the following story, attributed to Roger Ailes (president of Fox News Channel):

Quote:
The Orchestra Pit Theory of Press Coverage
If a politician called the media to announce that he'd just discovered a cure for cancer. During the press conference, he accidentally falls into the orchestra pit. The headlines would read, POLITICIAN FALLS INTO ORCHESTRA PIT

Sounds right :roll:

Ailes also said that, in today's political arena, the press typically cover 4 things:
1. Scandals
2. Gaffes (political "mess ups")
3. Polls
4. Attacks

So, it looks like Politico gets a double-whammy, letting Barr have his attack, to take advantage of Mike's gaffe. At least it doesn't appear to be heading into a scandal. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:01 pm 
Corporal

keneikirk wrote:
Quote:
(2) Ronald Reagan joking on an open mic about launching nuclear weapons at Russia?

In today's world that would be cause for impeachment proceedings. We have lost our collective minds.

Bob Barr wrote:
“I call on all supporters of the Second Amendment and all supporters of civil discourse in our political races to demand a public apology from Gov. Huckabee.”

Way to be on top of things, Rip Van Winkle! We will wake you up the next time we need you. :lol:

By the way, somebody better tell this Barr fella to be careful. I thought Romney was the administrator of "statements in public discourse that require apologies". Barr may have to apologize for asking for an unapproved apology request. Where is Romney when we need him. Apparently, there is more than one Winkle.

Huckabee VP 2008
Huckabee pres 2012

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:01 pm 
** General

The interview from of Mike on Fox tonight is posted in the News Theater now

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=12621

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:03 pm 
** General

mm/pm30 wrote:
keneikirk wrote:
Quote:

Bob Barr wrote:

By the way, somebody better tell this Barr fella to be careful. I thought Romney was the administrator of "statements in public discourse that require apologies". Barr may have to apologize for asking for an unapproved apology request. Where is Romney when we need him. Apparently, there is more than one Winkle.

Huckabee VP 2008
Huckabee pres 2012

It would be interesting if Barr's request for an apology actually happened after Mike issued the apology... what some folks won't do for a little time in the media! Hope Bob finds some better ways to "get his message out"

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
I know this is dated video but this is the speech Mike gave at the NRA last year in September of 2007. With all the hoopla about Mike's joke about Obama I thought it would help all 2nd Amendment Supporters to know that Mike is with them all the way. I am hoping some network (maybe CSpan) posts his entire speech from this year soon. I am sure it is as good. (Except for a 10 second sound bite :oops: )

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:37 am 

Liked: 152
Here is a cute little url for posting when you need it for Huckabee's apology on Geraldo using the Red Lasso video that was posted in our News Theater.
http://tinyurl.com/6h7nro

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:57 pm 
General

There is a new effort underway on HuckPac.com to write "Forgiven and Forgotten" in regards to the Obama joke. Please show Mike your support that is no longer an issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6