Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Dumb joke. Huck apologized. I see this blowing over.

Huckabee is a rare person because he is truly funny. Most funny people though will make a poor joke from time to time. This will not hurt Huck bad unless there is another joke next week and the week after, etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:36 pm 
** General

Liked: 0
davidblp wrote:
Dumb joke. Huck apologized. I see this blowing over.

Huckabee is a rare person because he is truly funny. Most funny people though will make a poor joke from time to time. This will not hurt Huck bad unless there is another joke next week and the week after, etc.

Yeah, I agree, afterall, Huck's "suicide" joke blew over too....

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Debra wrote:
Has there ever been a post on Hucks Army with the word "farted" in it before?
Thanks, Granny T for getting that out of the way.
We have reached a new low. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
This will blow over. The reason: everyone knows that he 1) is a jokester and 2) has a long-held reputation for caring about people in general. He's not a mean guy. It will go away.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 pm 
Private

Very cool. It's great to see that Mike was quick to respond to all this.

http://www.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=Blog ... og_id=1649

A MESSAGE FROM MIKE HUCKABEE
by Mike Huckabee

Quote:
During my speech at the NRA a loud noise backstage, that sounded like a chair falling, distracted the crowd and interrupted my speech. I made an off hand remark that was in no way intended to offend or disparage Sen. Obama.I apologize that my comments were offensive, that was never my intention.

God Bless You Mike!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
If Mike made this "joke" about Sen. Clinton ducking and falling on the ground, I suppose everyone would have gotten it because of the whole "Sniper Gate" situtaion. I would guarantee that everyone would be laughing and not offended. Am I right or wrong?

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Tdavisjr you are so right!!! Please go to http://www.youtube.com and put in Mike Huckabee NRA and make a postive comment for Mike. Of course they have posted this 4 or 5 times.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:03 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 2
This blew over faster than I expected. Not a word on Redstate or Free Republic. On Race 4 2008 a couple of posts, but there was a fast defense by Huckabee supporters. It is no longer on Drudge. On NRO corner, the usual anti-huckabee KJL makes a mention and then it was quickly buried under other items.

Everybody knew this was just a simple gaffe and now that Huck has apologized, it's over. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:07 am 
***** General

Night after night I go to Red Lasso trying to find clips of Mike speaking or interviews from places such as:

Cornell
Iona College
Wiregrass Children's Home
Little Rock Arkansas
Vitae Caring Foundation

Usually nothing. Where was the MSM then? Mike made some very "offensive" remarks I am sure (especially at Vitae). Too bad we didn't get to see them.

Tonight it is lit up like a Christmas Tree for a 10 second clumsy sound bite. :evil:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:12 am 
***** General

WiseGuy wrote:
This blew over faster than I expected. Not a word on Redstate or Free Republic. On Race 4 2008 a couple of posts, but there was a fast defense by Huckabee supporters. It is no longer on Drudge. On NRO corner, the usual anti-huckabee KJL makes a mention and then it was quickly buried under other items.

Everybody knew this was just a simple gaffe and now that Huck has apologized, it's over. :D

the fundamental difference between this incident and those during the campaign..is that the GOP is in panic mode.. and may be beginning to realize that Huck is one of the few conservatives who could help McCain out..

They can't cut off their noses to spite their faces... once JM let it leak that he's seriously considering Mike, and the GOP came to accept that Romney was not a viable option.. the conservative media by default has to stand down ...or at least be neutral in order to protect its greater interests.

Mike's problem now will primarily be with the drive by liberal media... they need to reduce his attractiveness to democrats and independents...and will ruthlessly use any ammunition he gives them, like this joke.

He had to apologize to limit the offense he may have caused to Democrats who were previously appreciative of his positions on Obama and even Clinton. He can't be percieved by them to be playing party politics, and still be as effective for JM as he needs to be.

I think this will largely blow over for conservatives..who probably 'agree' with the sentiment of the joke anyway.... but it may have put up a wall between Mike and some of BO's more obsessive fans

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:14 am 
***** General

BTW can we get some red lasso clips of the MSM coverage tonight of the incident? I heard there was CNN and Fox coverage.. neither of which were too hard on Mike..

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 am 
***** General

Mike should be extra careful from now on. "You live by the joke...you die by the joke" LOL!!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:21 am 
***** General

WiseGuy wrote:

It happened on a Friday. If you want stuff to get buried in the news, political advisers say you should make sure it happens on a Friday.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:28 am 
***** General

WiseGuy wrote:

Still has legs in the liberal blogosphere.. but maybe the weekend will kill it if the you tube spots don't go viral. I get the sense that folks were dissapointed, but still willing to give the benifit of the doubt... but he used up some SERIOUS political capital getting out of this one if he makes it.

He'll need to do another 5 pro Obama tv spots to win back their hearts..lol

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
Quote:
It happened on a Friday. If you want stuff to get buried in the news, political advisers say you should make sure it happens on a Friday

Good observation.

I just saw the Hannity and Colmes show talk about the issue and it was very brief. Only Colmes and Luntz talked about it but it the subject was changed after maybe 25 seconds.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:50 am 
***** General

Alan defended Mike.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:52 am 
** General

and here is MSNBC's take on it... basically concluding that Mike's a loony... maybe someday folks will see through this trash.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:57 am 
***** General

At least Campbell gave us more than 10 seconds.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:57 am 
** General

oh, and one thing good is that Mike hasn't actually shot anyone like the current veep ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:05 am 
General

Liked: 52
beezwax wrote:
At least Campbell gave us more than 10 seconds.

I actually really appreciated the Campbell segment on CNN...it definitely provided a needed context for the remarks to show what the whole NRA/Obama scenario has been instead of the short clips showing only Mike's joke.

Yet again, I am finding CNN to be more "fair and balanced" this year than I previously realized.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next