Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:28 pm 
Captain

Liked: 0
I thought this was kind of neat, on the Jerusalem Post even. :D

Quote:
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Sunday he would like to be John McCain's running mate.

"There's no one I would rather be on a ticket with than John McCain," said Huckabee, who was a stronger than expected challenger against McCain for the Republican presidential nomination.

"All during the campaign when I was his rival, not a running mate, there was no one who was more complimentary of him publicly and privately. ... I still wanted to win, but if I couldn't, John McCain was always the guy I would have supported and have now supported.

"But whether or not I do the best for him, that's something that only he can decide," Huckabee said on NBC television's "Meet the Press."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 0668668161

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:34 pm 

Liked: 152
Quote:
Huckabee Vies for No. 2 Spot on Republican Presidential Ticket

Read the whole article here:
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/18/huckabee-vies-for-no-2-spot-on-republican-presidential-ticket/

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 pm 
Corporal

They make it sound like he was salivating for the VP spot. He did not come across that way at all. It's just that Tim Russert was actually calling him VP and asking him over and over and over about it. It reminds of the primaries when they kept asking him if mormonism is a cult. Huckabee does a great job deflecting this monotonous VP question. The attention he is getting is great though. Surely now most Americans know who Huckabee is and will have a favorable opinion of him. It seems the media loves to have him on now.

Huckabee VP 2008
Huckabee Pres 2012

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:33 pm 
Major

My wife and I've noticed that there are a number of people on these TV shows who tend to misconstrue things. I don't know if it's getting worse or if it's just that we are noticing it more.