Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
This article is mentioned in the Cspan video out today (HA Discussion)

Huck's Army Mobilizes Against Pro-Choice Veep Candidate

15 Aug 2008 10:44 am
From an e-mail circulating among supporters of Mike Huckabee...:

HUCKS ARMY ATTENTION! ACTION ALERT!

Express our support for Huckabee and the values and type of leadership we
need to the Republican party leadership.

MI Congressman Fred Upton, from the 6th District, has John McCain's ear.
Fred is McCain's trusted friend and advisor. They are fishing buddies and
have been close for years. It is very important that we contact Fred and
let him know:

WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR A MCCAIN TICKET UNLESS:

1) Mike Huckabee is the VP; or

2) Mike Huckabee is the KEY NOTE SPEAKER at the National GOP Convention

Know that our meetings here in Michigan with McCain prompted this urgent
action--

Romney is being shoved down our throats here, and misinformation about us
is rampant.

In addition, you may know that this also happened at one of the meetings:

"Several in attendance reported to me that Sen. Lindsey Graham seriously
asked if social conservatives would support a vice president who favors
abortion on demand. They were shocked the question even had to be asked,
and alienated that the McCain campaign appears to be even considering it."
--Gary Glenn, Mich. American Family Assn. President

So now, we know what McCain thinks of us and our issues. He is only
concerned with catering to the independent voters. We, who supported Mike
Huckabee, the millions of voters who earned him a 2nd place in delegate
count--are being ignored by McCain. McCain must know that he will LOSE not
only Michigan without us, but the election. At this point, he does not
HAVE US. We've tried repeatedly to reach out to him, and he has ignored
us.

Fred can be reached at: 269-385-0039 or http://www.house.gov/upton/

Ask Fred to carry our voices to McCain NOW. URGENT!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:06 pm 

Liked: 152
From what I'm reading we can thank a former/current member for helping us get this message to the masses. :D (and I didn't even get around to calling or e-mailing him yet - somehow I think he might get the message anyway) :lol:
http://themittblog.com/2008/08/15/for-hucks-army-eyes-only/

Quote:
For Huck’s Army Eyes OnlyFiled Under: Family Values, Huckabee, McCain, Mitt Romney, Obama

BUT YOU’VE GOT TO SEE THIS

I am a confessed Huck’s Army Troll. A few weeks ago I knew that I would soon get banned so I set up a few other accounts so I could still have access to some of the utilities that come with membership (ie. be able to see posts since your most recent visit, look-up profile info, etcetera). I’ve kept my posting to an absolute minimum, only a couple, and have avoided defending Romney in any way so that I wouldn’t get banned again.

SOOO…..I got an e-mail in my account today. It’s entirety is shown below without adulteration. My guess is that the e-mail was sent by HA member called Debra because she attended the meeting with McCain that’s discussed below.

Why am I posting this? Well, up until this morning I was doing my best to make amends with the Huck crowd (I’m afraid this will ruin any hope of that now), but Huckabee’s comment on TV the last two days, coupled with this e-mail from some of his most dedicated supporters has convinced me that they don’t want to be team players and they should be exposed for their true aspirations. I have said repeated, that I will support whatever the GOP ticket may be, even if were Huckabee, for the benefit of the nation. These are very serious times, and we can in no way afford to hand the leadership of our country over to Obama.

And now the email sent to all of the Huck’s Army members: (emphasis below is mine)

HUCKS ARMY ATTENTION! ACTION ALERT!

Express our support for Huckabee and the values and type of leadership we
need to the Republican party leadership.

MI Congressman Fred Upton, from the 6th District, has John McCain’s ear.
Fred is McCain’s trusted friend and advisor. They are fishing buddies and
have been close for years. It is very important that we contact Fred and
let him know:

Know that our meetings here in Michigan with McCain prompted this urgent
action–
Romney is being shoved down our throats here, and misinformation about us
is rampant.

In addition, you may know that this also happened at one of the meetings:

“Several in attendance reported to me that Sen. Lindsey Graham seriously
asked if social conservatives would support a vice president who favors
abortion on demand. They were shocked the question even had to be asked,
and alienated that the McCain campaign appears to be even considering it.”
–Gary Glenn, Mich. American Family Assn. President

So now, we know what McCain thinks of us and our issues. He is only
concerned with catering to the independent voters. We, who supported Mike
Huckabee, the millions of voters who earned him a 2nd place in delegate
count–are being ignored by McCain. McCain must know that he will LOSE not
only Michigan without us, but the election. At this point, he does not
HAVE US. We’ve tried repeatedly to reach out to him, and he has ignored
us.

Fred can be reached at: 269-385-0039 or http://www.house.gov/upton/

Ask Fred to carry our voices to McCain NOW. URGENT!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
Still trying to figure out how to feel about this leak. Maybe it was forwarded to Armbinder by our resident Romney troll? (Hi Tommy :roll: )

Why is it no one blogs about news when we try to initiate the contact, but everyone wants a piece of the action if they think they can use it against Mike. *sigh*

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:08 pm 
General

My intention is not to offend anyone, but to just be honest in a respectful way. I am really concerned regarding thie email that went out even though I know it was with good intentions. The part of the email that concerns is:

Quote:

This is not my heart. I will vote for McCain if Huckabee is not the VP and even if he is not the keynote speaker. The only way I cannot vote for McCain is if he does not chose a pro-life candidate or (not sure about Romney).

Considering whether I may need to spend sometime away from Hucks Army for a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:09 am 
***** General

Seeking God,

I hope you don't feel the need to leave. Emotions have been running high all week and you can cut the political tension with a knife.

Huck's Army is a diverse family, our stength is is found in the multiplicity of our perspectives. I can guarantee that almost every view represented on this board probably has an equvilent at the leadership level, (I actually see things your way :) so it is sometimes challenging to all get on the same page.)

At this point I believe it is safe to say that many lessons were learned from today's events, the most important of which is that the one thing that binds us together here on HA is our perspective on the ISSUES. The relativity of how and for whom to vote is deeply personal, but we know that we care about and want to advocate for the same things.

It will be these issues that bind us together when the political silly season is past.

Again, please stay, your voice is welcome here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:40 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
I will chime in and agree with Tina, especially about wanting you to continue to be here.

I do disagree with this though:
Quote:
This was a knee jerk reaction rooted in frustration.

It really is for the people involved to express for themselves what motivated them. Actually, from what I know from interacting with them, the action was a reasoned, calculated move by the Michigan group rather than a emotional reaction.

Is it the best way to get the attention of McCain and the Republican party? That is debatable and where a number of people felt uncomfortable.

I think it was important to issue the clarifying statement because it came across as representing all of Huck's Army when it clearly doesn't. However, I don't want to be dismissive of those that decided to issue and act on this call to arms.

We do have a diverse group of people and we want to respect each other. There will be times where we disagree with each other and respectful dissent is welcome as is stated in our board rules.

I will say for myself personally, that if McCain were to actually choose a pro-choice VP I would only not support him but not vote for him. I believe that many Huckabee supporters not just HA members would do the same (not because of me, of course, who most don't know, but based on following their own conscience). That is based on my own convictions and I would respect others with differing views. However, I really don't think McCain is going to pick a pro-choice VP. We will certainly know soon enough.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:54 am 
General

tpetersel~

Thank you for your kind words and support. I have always appreciated your comments on this board.

I am feeling much better today, but will need to take about a week off just for rest and relaxation, have fun, pray, etc. while things settle down.

Thanks for being the compassionate fellow soldier you are. Look forward to reading your posts upon return.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:47 pm 
***** General

Edited my original post. Ken is correct that it should be up to those who actually experienced the event and put together the strategy to share their thoughts.

We certainly got Mike into the news again.. LOL

I posted very late last night when we were still in the thick of the excitement. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:45 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
Your new insight is appreciated. I just hope too much damage hasn't already been done by the retraction letter that went out apologizing for what we already accomplished. If we could keep our FEELINGS out of this and see it as a war strategy in a battle and be united, we will WIN this for Mike!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:00 pm 
***** General

Debra,

I didn't percieve the statement as an apology, rather a clarification that the action should not be interpreted as reflecting the views of the entire community, (which to be fair it doesn't)

Those who cared to get on board with the campaign have certainly done the job of raising the stakes and Mike's profile in the process. I like to think of you as our frontline warriors..

As for me.. I'm still more comfortable at the negotiating table, but I guess it takes all sorts to make an army!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

I thought this was pertinent. :)

Huckabee Vows to Support McCain Regardless of His Veep's Abortion Stance
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/08/15 ... 4061.shtml

As other have stated, Huck's Army is a community not an organization. We might differ on specific strategies but we are united on the issues. Each of us should act as we believe is right. None of us should condemn each other for doing so.

However, I feel that it's necessary to remind you that Huck's Army represents Huckabee. There is a difference between what we do as individuals and what we slap "Huck's Army" onto. For Huckabee to feel the need to clarify this issue shows that we're acting out of step.

Keep doing what you believe is right. Take initiative. Use this forum to share your ideas. But please, please don't hijack the Huck's Army brand by trying to apply the credibility of the entire group to your personal strategy. We want to still be around next time — and we want Huckabee to want us back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:09 pm 
Private

I agree with Mr. Harris.
Governor Huckabee should have never been put in a position to defend himself as a result of Huck's Army's actions. If we're not careful, this movement could turn Governor Huckabee into a laughing stock. Yesterday's events have the potential to cause a lot of problems. McCain may not want Huck's Army behind him if we become like the Paulies. Please don't attach Huck's Army's name to any ultimatums, petitions, etc. It could have serious consequences.

Also remember that the Governor is a seasoned politician. He knows what's going on and how things work. Let him do his job.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
ihearthuckabee wrote:
I thought this was pertinent. :)

Huckabee Vows to Support McCain Regardless of His Veep's Abortion Stance
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/08/15 ... 4061.shtml

As other have stated, Huck's Army is a community not an organization. We might differ on specific strategies but we are united on the issues. Each of us should act as we believe is right. None of us should condemn each other for doing so.

However, I feel that it's necessary to remind you that Huck's Army represents Huckabee. There is a difference between what we do as individuals and what we slap "Huck's Army" onto. For Huckabee to feel the need to clarify this issue shows that we're acting out of step.

Keep doing what you believe is right. Take initiative. Use this forum to share your ideas. But please, please don't hijack the Huck's Army brand by trying to apply the credibility of the entire group to your personal strategy. We want to still be around next time — and we want Huckabee to want us back.

Agreed....

I think it's safe for HucksArmy to strive for things that Gov. Huckabee himself strives for, but beyond that, I think we all differ on a lot of issues and/or approaches to issues.