Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:20 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:09 am
Posts: 990
Location: Yuba City, CA
Likes: 4
Liked: 3
:D

Quote:
By Yomin Postelnik

The GOP has better policies. In a dangerous world, GOP candidates make better leaders. Just ask Dmitri Medvedev, who ordered the deployment of Iskander missiles to the Polish border within hours of President-elect Obama’s victory. In July, Medvedev was satisfied with merely criticizing the (purely defensive) US missile shield that he so opposes. He dared not threaten action.

Any economy has its ups and downs. But the correlation between lower taxes and job growth, economic stability and even increased government revenue is documentable. It’s economic fact; when you lower taxes, you free up revenue. This allows businesses to expand, thereby creating jobs and greater tax revenue overall. This has been proven every time that it’s been tried. It’s what was largely responsible for staving off the recession of 2000-2001.

Even the mortgage crisis can and should be laid squarely at the feet of the Democrats. Not only was it they who rebuffed Republican efforts to regulate Fannie Mae, it was their party that, in 1995, came up with the entire ratings system whereby a bank would have to qualify a number of risky loans or face a lower federal grading.

But ask a man on the street and more than likely he’ll give you another reason for anything that’s ever happened to America, the profound and analytical retort of “it’s all Bush’s fault.” The problem is that he means it. A bigger problem is that we let this happen.

Why is this? The question does not even need to be asked. The obvious answer is the lack of able PR coming from our side.

While President Bush has been, contrary to conventional opinion (opinion that will change within months of his departure from office), an able leader on defense and on many economic issues, he has never been allowed to communicate the true reasons for his decisions or to defend himself from over the top attacks. His handlers have been cautious, and cautiousness, while having a rightful and important place, does not carry the day.

President Bush’s actions will speak louder than the words of his opponents. But this will only be apparent upon retrospect. And when it does, it will not automatically translate into confidence in just any Republican, especially not in one who cannot communicate to voters. To win the confidence of the American people, the next standard bearer of the GOP must be a sincere and able communicator. Fortunately, our party has someone who fits that mold.

Gov. Huckabee was relatively unknown when the manner in which he connected with voters, his sincerity and his steady determination caught on. But being relatively unknown, far less conservative competitors were able to raise doubts about his fiscal conservatism.

But his record shows another story. Gov. Huckabee is a true fiscal as well as a social conservative. The programs he proposed, such as arts education, a program that has been shown to be effective at reducing drop out levels and lowering teen crime, were qualitative, not costly in nature. In fact, dating as far back to his first years in office, Gov. Huckabee pushed for the first comprehensive tax cuts in the entire history of his state. Two years later, he followed up by cutting the state’s capital gains tax and by gaining passage of the Property Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights, limiting the amount that property taxes can be raised. Governor Huckabee has supported conservative measures to fix social security, encourage school choice and advance tort reform. What’s more, he’s also the most widely known and outspoken proponent of the “fair tax” in the nation.

But the key to a Huckabee candidacy in 2012 is his ability to connect with voters. He does this without compromising his conservative principles. Indeed, he articulates them with a clarity that allows others to see where we’re coming from on key issues. If the GOP’s biggest problem has been its inability to communicate, then common sense dictates that it nominate a candidate who excels in this area. Huckabee is among the best we have and his candidacy would propel us farther than would any other. 


A Huckabee candidacy would solve the GOP’s greatest problem. Were President-elect Obama to try to paint GOP policies as being harmful for the middle class (something he’d have great difficulty doing in four years, after voters see the contrast, but nonetheless, we must prepare, as even Jimmy Carter was able to defend his fiscal record with some success thanks to the media machine), Gov. Huckabee could and would squarely counter those arguments.

By connecting with voters, by explaining policy in ways they understand, and by demonstrating his sincerity and his unwavering commitment to core values, Gov. Huckabee is best prepared to lead the GOP and to advance conservative principles, principles that he has successfully fought for throughout his entire career.


http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/6106


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:25 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:59 pm
Posts: 1899
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
Quote:
But the key to a Huckabee candidacy in 2012 is his ability to connect with voters. He does this without compromising his conservative principles


This is what Bob VAnderplaats was talking about yesterday on WHO. He hopes that the GOP doesn't swing moderate. He said that the people of America wants someone who sticks with their principles. Hey, if the GOP dump us, we can move to Canada and Huck will be president :D

_________________
Image

Mike Huckabee is more than a candidate that ran a campaign--He is a man that started a movement--- and wore a Purple Tie to prove it!!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:29 pm 
Offline
MODERATOR
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 6634
Location: South Beloit, IL
Likes: 479
Liked: 152
RedCentral wrote:
Quote:
But the key to a Huckabee candidacy in 2012 is his ability to connect with voters. He does this without compromising his conservative principles


This is what Bob VAnderplaats was talking about yesterday on WHO. He hopes that the GOP doesn't swing moderate. He said that the people of America wants someone who sticks with their principles. Hey, if the GOP dump us, we can move to Canada and Huck will be president :D


Canada is a socialist country that already passed the hate crimes law forbidding preachers from preaching against homosexuality. I'm still holding out for Texas to become a separate country. They have plenty of real estate ready for the exodus from the new Obamanation.

_________________
Psalms 144:1 "Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:"


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:50 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:37 am
Posts: 1623
Likes: 0
Liked: 31
This article is up on RCP - vote for it!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:22 pm 
Offline
*** General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Frankenmuth, Michigan
Likes: 0
Liked: 7
http://readerarticles.realclearpolitics ... eriod=main

VOTED!!!

_________________
“The central message is that the Republican Party has a great future, if we get back to being the party of principle, clarity and conviction. And we’re going to do that.” --Mike Huckabee


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:37 pm 
Offline
*** General

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 am
Posts: 1350
Location: Conroe, TX
Likes: 93
Liked: 14
GrannyT wrote:
RedCentral wrote:
Quote:
But the key to a Huckabee candidacy in 2012 is his ability to connect with voters. He does this without compromising his conservative principles


This is what Bob VAnderplaats was talking about yesterday on WHO. He hopes that the GOP doesn't swing moderate. He said that the people of America wants someone who sticks with their principles. Hey, if the GOP dump us, we can move to Canada and Huck will be president :D


Canada is a socialist country that already passed the hate crimes law forbidding preachers from preaching against homosexuality. I'm still holding out for Texas to become a separate country. They have plenty of real estate ready for the exodus from the new Obamanation.

You are welcome to stay with us until you find a place to live. Huckabee as POTUS of TX. Hmmmm.....what cabinet position for GrannyT? :wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
Is it just me. Why does everyone seem to be warming up to Huckabee now, when he was the same guy during the Primaries?

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
Offline
Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Georgia
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
The Republic of Texas, again?

Have you looked at the electoral map? It's the C.S.A. all over again. I've got my GA state flag flying over my garage. Kind of hot-headed I know...but I am a "state's rights" kinda guy.

People down here (well, a lot more than half) are furious that Yankees, college kids and San Franciscan-values voters over-rode their vote for McCain. I've been warning friends and family from blue states to stay away for a month or two until things cool off.

Our public schools have been exploding in racial/political incidents everyday since the election. It's just getting rougher...and it would be very ill advised for anyone to come down here and gloat.

_________________
"A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues." - Theodore Roosevelt


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:26 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Voted#17


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:55 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:06 pm
Posts: 3640
Location: Peoria, Arizona
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
DeputyJ wrote:
The Republic of Texas, again?

Have you looked at the electoral map? It's the C.S.A. all over again. I've got my GA state flag flying over my garage. Kind of hot-headed I know...but I am a "state's rights" kinda guy.

People down here (well, a lot more than half) are furious that Yankees, college kids and San Franciscan-values voters over-rode their vote for McCain. I've been warning friends and family from blue states to stay away for a month or two until things cool off.

Our public schools have been exploding in racial/political incidents everyday since the election. It's just getting rougher...and it would be very ill advised for anyone to come down here and gloat.


Do you have links for the school stuff? Our kids are a little antsy too in AZ

_________________
Image

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
Quote:
While President Bush has been, contrary to conventional opinion (opinion that will change within months of his departure from office), an able leader on defense and on many economic issues, he has never been allowed to communicate the true reasons for his decisions or to defend himself from over the top attacks. His handlers have been cautious, and cautiousness, while having a rightful and important place, does not carry the day.

President Bush’s actions will speak louder than the words of his opponents. But this will only be apparent upon retrospect. And when it does, it will not automatically translate into confidence in just any Republican, especially not in one who cannot communicate to voters. To win the confidence of the American people, the next standard bearer of the GOP must be a sincere and able communicator. Fortunately, our party has someone who fits that mold.

Gov. Huckabee was relatively unknown when the manner in which he connected with voters, his sincerity and his steady determination caught on. But being relatively unknown, far less conservative competitors were able to raise doubts about his fiscal conservatism.


Thanks for the good words about Huckabee.

Two areas the Republicans must improve that Huckabee can help: (I speak as a Republican trying to reform our party.)

1. Commitment to principle

2. Communication

By choosing true conservatives to back through HuckPAC, Gov. Huckabee is doing positive things that can help make a difference. As he continues to speak out in support of candidates, I am praying that he will have the wisdom to know which candidates to avoid and which to help.

As Mike has said, our cause needs more than just our prayers or speech; he needs our help financially in supporting good conservative candidates through HuckPAC. Rhetoric is not enough, he knows. Money is a gift of God that can be used for good or evil. By giving to good causes, we take the taint from it and use it as it should be used--not in selfishness or dishonesty, but sincerely, to right wrongs and secure liberty from tyranny. To win the campaigns we conservatives will need to win to overturn our present out-of-control-spending government will require commitment of our money, time, and prayers. We must be as persistent as a suitor pursuing true love and as unwilling to accept defeat as a soldier.

Our Constitution and form of government was uniquely designed for leadership by a moral and religious people. Morality has its source and its bedrock in the Judeo-Christian ethic, such as the Ten Commandments. Separate morality from freedom, and it is uncertain whether our Republic can stand.

Every candidate is human and sinful by nature. Thus, they need our daily prayers to do the right thing and not be swayed by desires for money or lust for power. We are looking for candidates who understand the Constitution and why freedom must be protected. We want those who will not take earmarks or bribes for their own political advancement. We need to find those candidates interested in maintaining freedom and security for our people, not milking them with high taxes and regulations that put them in further bondage.

HuckPAC has a good record of doing just that. Please visit that link and donate $5 or more to show Gov. Huckabee you stand with him. Thank-you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY