Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
tennturning wrote:
It amazes me how Huckabee is ignored on these shows as though he doesn't even exist. His name is avoided like the plague. A little time will tell... Huck has the incredible ability to speak to the American people... he speaks to our hearts. Reagan had the same ability. Even if he could not convince the media or anyone else, his message, for the most part, resonated with the general public.

Yeah, absolutely everywhere you look, it seems like people are ignoring Huckabee. Whether it be bloggers, TV/Radio people, or party leaders, everyone seems to ignore Huckabee when it comes to 2012 discussions. I wonder whether this is out of ignorance of how much support he does/will have, or if people are willfully leaving his name out.

P.S. Welcome to the forums =)

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
beezwax wrote:
I think Sean is won over. He may backstab Mike yet but he does share a down to earth upbringing totally different than the world Romney was raised in. Don't mean to bash the rich but there is a difference when you have to struggle to become successful. I noticed Sean has been talking a lot about his poor to middle class to upper class struggles in his life.

Rush shares this type of story in his struggle for success. Even though he was born to a upper middle class family he still "disowned" this lifestyle to make it his own way. He has not been the perfect person but he has been successful. He may have gotten caught up in the primaries trying to keep McCain from being elected and that is why he was dissing Huckabee. To him and others it seemed like Romney was the only chance to conteract Obama or Hillary with their fundraising capabilities. Now he has to gradually backpedal and hope no one notices. Maybe no one will except for us. :P

Anyway, this was a long winded observation about Sean and Rush maybe softening on Huck.

And don't forget, Rush is on a diet. :wink:

There is something called "PRIDE" that makes it very hard for people like Rush and even Hannity to admit they were wrong.

They still may not be fully convinced, but I think Hannity likes Gov. Huckabee more than he thought he ever would. Do you remember how much Hannity praised Guiliani? I got tired of it because Guiliani was openly pro-choice, yet Sean seemed to ignore the fact because of Guiliani's other strengths. Then Sean was all for Romney...

Just give him time, and Gov. Huckabee will convince all these talk-show hosts. And then he can work on Gov. Romney and Sen. McCain to hand him support. That will happen when...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:40 pm 
Captain

Liked: 3
I think Huckabee now being a talk show host is one reason why he's never mentioned by others. They bashed him for so long and now he's competition they will not view him as a potential leader again until he announces his candidacy. He could win every poll up until then and I still don't think Rush and the others will give him the time of day.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:30 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 5
justgrace wrote:
beezwax wrote:
Just give him time, and Gov. Huckabee will convince all these talk-show hosts.

Slow and steady, wins the race.

- Governor Mike Huckabee

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I think Rush & Hannity are elitist who think that Mike Huckabee is a "hick" who would be an embarrassment to the Republican Party. During the primaries Sean Hannity tried to criticize Mike, that didn't work, so he just "ignored" him by not mentioning his name. That was somewhat effective, and I think that's what everybody is doing now, just hoping Mike will never be a serious contender again.

BUT they cannot take away Mike's popularity from his show, so we'll see in the future who will win this contest.