Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Over the course of the past week or so, I have been in touch with someone with the Marco Rubio for U.S. Senate campaign by phone, email, and Facebook.

I offered our services here at HucksArmy because I know there are a lot of people on these boards who believe in Marco and would like to help get him elected. She was excited to hear that we'd like to help and asked if we could help spread the word about Marco on Facebook and Twitter.

Then tonight she sent me our first legit assignment via Facebook message:

Lyndsi wrote:
Hey Chris-

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Huckabee is officially endorsing Marco tomorrow. I can send you the link to the Fox news story and Huck's video - can you guys help get the word around on FB and twitter?

I told her we'd be glad to help, so here's the challenge:

Tuesday, as soon as news breaks about Mike's endorsement and as soon as the video is posted, do anything within your powers to broadcast that information far and wide. This can include:

-Changing your Facebook status

-Messaging any Facebook groups you admin about the endorsement

-Uploading links to your Facebook

-Twittering about the endorsement

-Writing a blog post about it or uploading the video to your blog

-Leaving comments on conservative sites about the endorsement

-Emailing Huckabee fans, conservative friends, and Florida natives who might be interested in supporting Rubio

-Calling local radio shows and telling them about Rubio and Mike's endorsement

-Emailing/calling local news media about the endorsement to make sure they cover it

Feel free to add more ideas as they come to you. The main thing is just, "Get the word out!" Obviously the more people who hear about it the better, and the bigger we make it the bigger it will seem in the eyes of the media and the more positive coverage both Mike and Rubio will get as a result.

As has already been mentioned on this forum, some of us would love to see a Huckabee/Rubio ticket in 2012 for various reasons. But before we can even really think about that we've got to help Marco beat Crist and eventually whatever Democratic candidate he runs against for the U.S. Senate. So let's get to work!

P.S. - If you'd like to be a part of a special HucksArmy Task Force to help get Rubio elected, PM or email me your email address at cschande@gmail.com.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:28 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
I'm on-board. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 am 
***** General

Excellent!!! Ready to roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:24 am 
***** General

http://www.huckpac.com/index.cfm?Fuseac ... og_id=2657

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWJh7yKS3Y

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Are they going to do some kind of press conference together?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:14 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Didn't see it on CNN.com political tracker.....sent an email.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:38 am 
***** General

bmk2307 wrote:
Are they going to do some kind of press conference together?

I don't think so, but I'll try to find out. Lyndsi (from the Rubio campaign), sent me this Politico story:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... Rubio.html

I just uploaded links to the video to my Facebook status and to my profile. I don't think the media is going to give this much attention with everything else that's going on right now.

That means, just like back during the primaries, if the word is going to get out to people it's going to be up to US to make sure it happens!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:45 am 
***** General

Go to that Politico story and leave some positive comments for Marco and Mike. It's all negative right now. Here's an example:

Quote:
Who cares! Rubio is going no where and Huck is old news...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... Rubio.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:51 am 
***** General

Anybody else twittering this story yet? I just did. If you want to put a link to Mike's video blog post, use the tinyurl I created:

http://tinyurl.com/mtjffm

I think its time to start hitting some conservative Facebook groups with the news.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:04 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
cschande wrote:
Anybody else twittering this story yet? I just did. If you want to put a link to Mike's video blog post, use the tinyurl I created:

I think its time to start hitting some conservative Facebook groups with the news.

I twittered about it, congratulated Marco on both his supporter/fan page & personal page on facebook (gave a link to the endorsement video both places), and shared the HuckPAC blog post on my facebook.

When I posted on Marco's facebook, it wasn't even on there yet.

I'm http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:51 am 
***** General

Emailed:
Rush
Charles Krauthammer
George Will
Sean Hannity
Laura Ingraham
Michelle Malkin
Ruben Navarette

We should be using all of our contacts from MH's campaign for groups who would be interested in supporting Rubio...eg: Florida Police Benevolent Association, law enforcement officials, the National Rifle Association, Florida Right to Life, Florida Family Action, and dozens of other pro-life and pro-family groups around the state and across the country.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31048
The 30k letters referenced in this article are a drop in the bucket in terms of the grass-roots support Marco can and should generate........

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:
Didn't see it on CNN.com political tracker.....sent an email.

Hit the ticker @ 11:25
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ver-crist/
(CNN) – Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee officially endorsed Marco Rubio's Senate bid Tuesday, becoming the latest conservative to break with the national party over the GOP Senate primary race in Florida.

"I had a chance to get to know Marco over the years, spent a lot of time in Florida with him. And I've never seen a more energetic, articulate, principled conservative as Marco Rubio," Huckabee said in a video posted on his Web site.

"Marco loves liberty. He loves the idea that people can work hard and maybe get to keep something of what they worked hard for. That's the difference," he added.

Rubio faces Charlie Crist, the popular Florida governor, for the nomination. Crist immediately won the support of the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee as well as a string of GOP leaders in Congress.

Conservative activists and bloggers have expressed disappointment the party was so quick to write off Rubio, a charismatic 38-year-old of Cuban descent whose quick rise in state politics and conservative credentials have won admiration from many in the party.

Huckabee's endorsement — first leaked accidentally more than three weeks ago — comes a week after South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint also threw his support behind Rubio, declaring he was "convinced" the former Florida House Speaker could beat Crist.

Recent polls show Crist with more than a 30-point lead in the race, though primary voters won't head to the polls for more than a year.

***I wish he would have made the official endorsement sooner and gotten credit for being the FIRST conservative to break w/ the GOP establishment on this endorsement.......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 pm 
***** General

Florida Family Policy Council contact info:

Phone - 407-251-5130
E-Mail Address- info@flfamily.org

I'm sending an email asking for an endorsement. I'd call but I'm at work. Anyone up for calling?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:48 pm 
***** General

Better yet, somebody contact the President and General Counsel of the Florida Family Policy Council, John Stemberger at 407-251-1957, and ask if they'll endorse Rubio in his race against Crist. The Family Policy Council has an Action Committee that already has negative stuff about Crist posted to their website, so I think it's very possible they'll make an endorsement.

http://www.flfamily.org/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:19 pm 
General

Liked: 71
cschande wrote:

I did. Please follow me if you haven't already.
@HuckRepublican

I know, my account needs some work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Weird that they already closed comments at CNN - do they always do that so quickly? The comments there & at Politico are so ugly - has it always been that way or is this the "fruit" of the last couple of elections?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:54 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Weird that they already closed comments at CNN - do they always do that so quickly? The comments there & at Politico are so ugly - has it always been that way or is this the "fruit" of the last couple of elections?

Politico is a pretty liberal news site, so that may be part of it. That and I get the sense the Rombots are still patrolling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:16 pm 
***** General

Letter sent to all of these.....
http://www.allyoucanread.com/florida-hi ... ewspapers/

How's everyone else doing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:03 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
NEWSMAX: Huckabee Slams GOP Elites for Crist Endorsement

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/huck ... 28446.html

Quote:
Signaling wider dissensions in the Republican ranks, former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is slamming the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) for endorsing Gov. Charlie Crist over another, more conservative Republican in Florida�s open Senate race.

Huckabee announced his official support for former state House Speaker Marco Rubio (R) in a video Tuesday. He follows Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., in support of Rubio, a popular Cuban-American conservative from South Florida.

�I�m disgusted that they would take a position in a hotly contested race when you have a quality candidate like Marco Rubio, who was the youngest Speaker in the Florida House,� Huckabee told The Hill. �This is not just some nameless, faceless guy that decided to throw his name in, who had no chance and no credibility.�

He continued: �I thought that their endorsement not only was premature, but was outrageous. And they ought to get behind the guy who would do a whole lot more, in my mind, to unite and fire up Republicans, and that�s Marco Rubio.�

�The establishment Republicans have made this endorsement for the same reason that they�re in so much trouble,� Huckabee said. �They go out there and support stuff like TARP bills and stimulus packages, pork-barrel spending and huge debt, and they wring their hands and act like, 'This is not good, but we don�t have a choice.' "

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 am 
***** General

Landon wrote:
NEWSMAX: Huckabee Slams GOP Elites for Crist Endorsement

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/huck ... 28446.html

Quote:
Signaling wider dissensions in the Republican ranks, former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is slamming the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) for endorsing Gov. Charlie Crist over another, more conservative Republican in Florida�s open Senate race.

Huckabee announced his official support for former state House Speaker Marco Rubio (R) in a video Tuesday. He follows Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., in support of Rubio, a popular Cuban-American conservative from South Florida.

�I�m disgusted that they would take a position in a hotly contested race when you have a quality candidate like Marco Rubio, who was the youngest Speaker in the Florida House,� Huckabee told The Hill. �This is not just some nameless, faceless guy that decided to throw his name in, who had no chance and no credibility.�

He continued: �I thought that their endorsement not only was premature, but was outrageous. And they ought to get behind the guy who would do a whole lot more, in my mind, to unite and fire up Republicans, and that�s Marco Rubio.�

�The establishment Republicans have made this endorsement for the same reason that they�re in so much trouble,� Huckabee said. �They go out there and support stuff like TARP bills and stimulus packages, pork-barrel spending and huge debt, and they wring their hands and act like, 'This is not good, but we don�t have a choice.' "

Wow, that's powerful stuff, and a breath of fresh air. This is why helping get Rubio elected is so important to Huckabee Republicans like us. I believe guys like Mike, Rubio, McDonnell, Vander Plaats, etc are the future of the Republican Party. If we fail to help get them elected over the establishment elites, I don't see much of a future for the party.

Stay tuned for more ways to help Marco. In the meantime keep spreading the word.