Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Steadfast wrote:
Romney will not back the Fair Tax until about 20 other major Republican leaders do the same. He is not a leader but a follower.
+1

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
Romney would never back the FairTax period.

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
higgybaby4huck wrote:
Romney would never back the FairTax period.

Seriously, can you really see Romney on the stump saying, "Abolish the IRS!!!!!" I can't stop laughing just thinking about it.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
Just endured Morning Joe on MSNBC fawn over Romney. The pundits there think he is THE ONLY one in the Republican field of candidates. They could not come up with even one other name that could possibly take on Obama.

They did point out that he has problems with the Romney Care.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
janelles wrote:
Just endured Morning Joe on MSNBC fawn over Romney. The pundits there think he is THE ONLY one in the Republican field of candidates. They could not come up with even one other name that could possibly take on Obama.

This surprises me - Huck was on Morning Joe many times during 08 and they treated him fairly and in a positive way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am 
General

Liked: 71
Steadfast wrote:
janelles wrote:

This surprises me - Huck was on Morning Joe many times during 08 and they treated him fairly and in a positive way.

I think its just part of the process when you have a book tour like Romney is having now. I am beginning to think you write books not as much for the content of the book but just to get face time somewhere and have people tell you how great you are even if you aren't in some cases.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:23 am 
Captain

Liked: 4
janelles wrote:

I was able to tolerate Morning Joe for a few minutes as well. I found their treatment of Mittens to be quite nauseating. He sure is trying to spin his role in MA socialized medicine. He tried to convince the viewers of the vast differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. At the end of the segment Romney was asked some questions. One of them was if he believed Governor Huckabee was a conservative. Romney said yes and that that he and Huckabee don't agree on everything. That was an understatement. Governor Huckabee is truely pro-life (no $50 co-pays for abortion or PP appointment), believes in upholding traditional marriage (didn't institute sex marriage as Gov.), was against TARP from the start (didn't flip after he saw how unpopular the bailouts were), strong advocate for the Fair Tax ( not beholden to Wall Street and lobbyists). I could go on and on about the massive differences between the two. Romney was also asked about Sarah Palin. He was complementary of her. He also said he believed she was qualified to be President. I'm expecting him to flip fast on that one if they both decide to run in 2012.

The liberal media is salivating at the prospect of Romney as the GOP nominee in 2012. No better way to ensure a second term for Obama. They know Governor Huckabee could defeat Obama and will do all they can to prevent this. This will not be an easy battle. The establishment and their ilk will do all they can to impede Huckabee in the primary and the liberal media will be pushing the weakest candidate(s). I still beleive Huckabee can be victorious! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
Thank you Navy Queen- your post helped me think I did hear and feel the segment!

The pundits can barely say Sarah Palin - tho one of them admitting she wished Sarah would run against Obama.

It maybe was just intentional denseness to not be able to name one other Rep. potential candidate that would do as well as Romney.

Mika is going to do another horse ride with Mrs. Romney. There - now you are in the know!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:16 am 
Private

Liked: 0
I can't see any of the "major" Republican candidates (other than Mike, of course) adopting the Fair Tax at this juncture because that would be admitting that Mike was right all along since he's been vocally supporting it for a while. They will all adopt some variation of it or just a flat tax.

"...but let him who glories, glory in this: that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
intercessor4mike wrote:
I can't see any of the "major" Republican candidates (other than Mike, of course) adopting the Fair Tax at this juncture because that would be admitting that Mike was right all along since he's been vocally supporting it for a while. They will all adopt some variation of it or just a flat tax.

We must continue to point out that any other tax (flat, etc.) is still an income tax - repressive to our free market economy and fraught with tinkering opportunities for our elected officials! We need something simple and transparent - then we will be able to shine a light upon the corruption and special interest lobbying that has been going on in Washington for decades.

Clearly Gov. Huckabee intends to continue his support of the Fair Tax and to even take it up a notch. We need to get behind him on this. Fair Taxers know that he is our best chance of accomplishing the enactment of the FT.