Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
http://spectator.org/blog/2009/10/26/ny ... w-pawlenty

Quote:
AmSpecBlog
NY23: First Palin, Now Pawlenty -- Will Huckabee Endorse HoffmanNext?

By Robert Stacy McCain on 10.26.09 @ 7:23PM

With the news today that Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has endorsed Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman in the three-way congressional race in upstate New York's 23rd District, now the pressure is on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee to follow suit.

"After reviewing the candidates' positions, I'm endorsing Doug Hoffman in New York's special election," Pawlenty said in a statement issued to the conservative blog Red State, which has strongly supported Hoffman.

"Doug understands the federal government needs to quit spending so much, will vote against tax increases, and protect key values like the right to vote in private in union elections," Pawlenty said.

Sarah Palin's endorsement last week may have prompted Pawlenty -- like Palin, a possible contender for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination -- to back Hoffman's challenge to the GOP establishment, which is supporting Dede Scozzafava, a liberal Republican state assemblywoman, in the Nov. 3 special election.

With both Pawlenty and Palin officially endorsing Hoffman, all eyes are focused on Huckabee. Now a popular Fox News personality, the folksy Huckabee last week praised Hoffman during an appearance on Neil Cavuto's show, but stopped short of an endorsement. Speaking of the pro-choice Scozzafava, however, Huckabee said he couldn't "support somebody who does not believe that every human life has value and meaning,"

Huckabee finds himself in an awkward position in the New York campaign to fill the House seat vacated by Republican Rep. John McHugh, appointed by President Obama to be Secretary of the Army. Huckabee is due to speak Tuesday night in Syracuse at a New York Conservative Party awards dinner but, as he told Cavuto, he won't be giving "an endorsement speech."

Huckabee's speech was scheduled before the NY23 election became the focus of a national political maelstrom. Most New York media expect Hoffman also to attend Tuesday's dinner, although the congressional candidate has not yet publicly announced whether he will attend. I changed the color because I wonder if Huckabee and Hoffman have talked about this: remember my prediction :wink:

Some Hoffman campaign officials are concerned that, if Hoffman shows up at the Syracuse dinner, it might be viewed as distracting from Huckabee's spotlight. Conservative Party officials don't want to put pressure on their Republican guest of honor. Huckabee won't endorse Scozzafava, and he certainly wouldn't support the little-known Democratic candidate Bill Owens. Therefore, Huckabee's status as a "friendly neutral" in the three-way election may be the best the Hoffman campaign can hope for.

However, Red State's Erick Erickson is laying down an ultimatum to any Republican who wants grassroots conservative support for a 2012 presidential bid:

At a time when the conservative brand is ascending and the Republican brand is still in the gutter, candidates like Romney and Huckabee have a chance to man up and stand with the base of the GOP -- a base that is tired of TARP, No Child Left Behind, indictments, and out of control spending.

Erickson says Romney and Huckabee have until noon Wednesday to endorse Hoffman or . . . well, or else. Guess that means Erickson has already scratched Newt Gingrich off his 2012 list.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I am curious as to what Huckabee's speech will be tomorrow night. Here is the link from the original post about the NY dinner. There were no additional replies to this original announcement post:

viewtopic.php?f=140&t=20226

Note the speech topic: Huckabee will speak about re-igniting the conservative movement in a liberal climate.

Note who is suppose to be honored that night: The event, sponsored by the Upstate Multi-County Committee of the New York State Conservative Party, also will honor Peter E. Corning, Larry Longway, Raymond A. Meier, Nicholas J. Pirro and H. Douglas Barclay for exemplifying conservative principles while serving in public office.

It will be interesting to hear and see what happens.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 pm 
I am looking forward to it as well. I wonder if there will be any live feeds.

Is anyone here going?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Quote:
However, Red State's Erick Erickson is laying down an ultimatum to any Republican who wants grassroots conservative support for a 2012 presidential bid:

At a time when the conservative brand is ascending and the Republican brand is still in the gutter, candidates like Romney and Huckabee have a chance to man up and stand with the base of the GOP -- a base that is tired of TARP, No Child Left Behind, indictments, and out of control spending.

Erickson says Romney and Huckabee have until noon Wednesday to endorse Hoffman or . . . well, or else.

As if Erickson would endorse Huckabee.... Haven't seen a Red Stater brave enough yet to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Ahmadinejad has also announced that Bebe Netanyahu has 48 hours to endorse Hoffman or the peace process will be at risk.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 pm 
Major General

Liked: 0
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Quote:

Erickson says Romney and Huckabee have until noon Wednesday to endorse Hoffman or . . . well, or else.

That is total bull coming from Erickson. Who the heck does he think he is. It sounds like he thinks he is the final word. This isn't just arrogance he is displaying, it is severe hubris.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Quote:

Who could ever have imagined that Romney and Huckabee would be pitted together on anything?? Only on Redstate!

This is so ridiculous -- it is like the gunfight at the OK Corral -- with Romney and Huckabee facing down Erik Erickson wth smoking guns. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:31 pm 
***** General

Quote:
This is so ridiculous -- it is like the gunfight at the OK Corral -- with Romney and Huckabee facing down Erik Erickson wth smoking guns.

If that's the case I sure hope Huck brings the Mrs.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:35 pm 
voter wrote:
This is so ridiculous -- it is like the gunfight at the OK Corral -- with Romney and Huckabee facing down Erik Erickson wth smoking guns. :)

I thought the same thing - except I pictured "High Noon" with Gary Cooper walking down the street and "Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling" playing in the background. I found it rather funny. Not sure if Erick meant it that way or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 pm 
***** General

Look...I like Janet alot but she's no Grace Kelly.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
If Huckabee does endorse Hoffman I think he should wait until 12:01 pm on Wednesday just to screw with redstate. (This demonstrates why I could never run for office.)

The ultimatum is ridiculous.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:00 pm 
Iowans Rock wrote:
If Huckabee does endorse Hoffman I think he should wait until 12:01 pm on Wednesday just to screw with redstate..

Now THAT would be awesome!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 pm 
***** General

Quote:
If Huckabee does endorse Hoffman I think he should wait until 12:01 pm on Wednesday just to screw with redstate. (This demonstrates why I could never run for office.)

Given Redstate's track record of 2008 in which their two most hated candidates finished first and second, I don't think so much of OK Corral or High Noon as I do the "Black Knight" from Holy Grail (modified:)

"I am Erick the Red Knight gaurdian of the bridge of conservatisim...None shall Pass!"

Whack!

"It's only a flesh wound, I've had worse." "Come on and fight."

Whack.!

etc. etc. etc.

"Oh...running away is it?...we'll call it a draw."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:14 pm 
Major General

Iowans Rock wrote:

I completely agree with you. This should be quote of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Quote:

Me: Image

Thanks, Iowans Rock!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Southern Doc, you are in RARE FORM tonight!! Someone ate their Wheaties before blogging tonight! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 am 
***** General

Long day, longer night ahead, with this as something of an existential lifeline.

It's amazing what writing up performance reviews will do for your sense of the absurd.

Ah the joys of academic middle management!

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 am 
Major General

Southern Doc wrote:
Long day, longer night ahead, with this as something of an existential lifeline.

It's amazing what writing up performance reviews will do for your sense of the absurd.

Ah the joys of academic middle management!

Ouch, I feel for ya.