Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:20 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
http://tcnjperspective.wordpress.com/20 ... tivists-4/

Wow! Great interview! Anyone still think this guy's not running in 2012? Huckabee v. Romney begins. Click on the link above for the full interview. A few juicy excerpts below:

Quote:
...The popular Fox News host, who appeared at The College of New Jersey in Ewing, NJ, leveled into Steele for his handling of last week’s revelation that RNC officials spent donor money at a bondage-themed Los Angeles strip club. “I think what’s happened is horrible,” Huckabee said. “The question is, how is [Steele] going to take control and how is he going to explain it? I think there does need to be a better explanation than what’s come forth so far,” he continued. “It’s been pretty weak.”

Huckabee said ongoing controversies involving Steele may become an electoral liability for Republicans as this year’s midterm elections approach. “It’s indefensible the way that some of the money has been spent,” Huckabee said, though he declined to call for Steele’s resignation. “Whether he should resign really is a question for the RNC, and I’m not a member, so I’m not going to get into that.”

Quote:
Huckabee also blasted fellow presidential aspirant Mitt Romney, who as governor of Massachusetts signed into law a healthcare plan that closely resembles Congress’ recently passed reforms. “Essentially ‘Obamacare’ and what Massachusetts has is virtually identical,” Huckabee said, characterizing the system Romney supported as a “dismal failure.”

“It’s resulted in huge cost increases, exponentially beyond what was projected,” he charged. Romney’s inconsistent public comments on the matter, Huckabee continued, is likely to be a concern for Republican primary voters in 2012. “On one hand, [Romney] said the Massachusetts plan is not like the Obama plan. Then I heard him say, ‘Well, it’s similar, but we’ve learned a lot from it since then.’ So he’s going to have to come up with one answer that deals with it,” Huckabee said. “I think he’s got to make the explanation as to why he believed it was a great idea.”

Quote:
...Huckabee went on to draw parallels between homosexuality and other lifestyles that are considered by some to be morally aberrant. “You don’t go ahead and accommodate every behavioral pattern that is against the ideal,” he said of same-sex marriage. “That would be like saying, well, there are a lot of people who like to use drugs, so let’s go ahead and accommodate those who want who use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, so we should accommodate them.”

He also affirmed support for a law in Arkansas that prohibits same-sex couples from becoming adoptive or foster parents...

[b]“Children are not puppies,”
he continued. “This is not a time to see if we can experiment and find out, how does this work?”[/b]

Quote:
In what may come as a surprise for some, Huckabee agreed that an atheist could be fit to serve as president. “I’d rather have an honest atheist than a dishonest religious person,” he said...

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Huckabee came out swinging. I was wondering if he would come out with a strong statement against Romneycare. Glad to see his voice out there.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:50 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
Very, very, very, very, nice.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Woot! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Good interview!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
This is one of the things I like about Huckabee. He doesn't criticize often, but when he does he lays the hammer down so it means something.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Huck is taking some big hits on Twitter from the LGBT on this interview - they have resurrected the David Huckabee dog story in response.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Quote:
Huck is taking some big hits on Twitter from the LGBT on this interview - they have resurrected the David Huckabee dog story in response.

Thanks for the warning -- I will be sure to avoid twitter search for the next couple of days.

Huckabee lost the LGBT a long time ago (if he ever had them) -- know your supporters, but also be aware of who you will never win over and don't waste your time worrying about them.

Ah -- David and the dog.... Romney and his dog on the car roof...Palin arially shooting wolves (now these are really succint issues one can sink their teeth in).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Woohoo!! Mike in full court press! I love it!

Quote:
Huckabee lost the LGBT a long time ago (if he ever had them) -- know your supporters, but also be aware of who you will never win over and don't waste your time worrying about them.
Right on!

Quote:
Ah -- David and the dog.... Romney and his dog on the car roof...Palin arially shooting wolves (now these are really succint issues one can sink their teeth in).
ROFLOL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
I have not read the article yet, but have read all the posts. Please forgive me for "going off half-cocked."

1. What role does Governor Huckabee envision for the Log Cabin Republicans?

2. To what degree was the article edited since I personally have assurances that Gov. Huckabee believes in a compassionate posture on LGBT issues?

3. If the only thing the majority of voters see is a summary of Governor Huckabee's comments from this article, what will be their takeaway and how will it affect his viability as a candidate for 2012.

Boy, am I drawing on my woefully slim reserve of diplomacy for this post!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
lrobb wrote:
I have not read the article yet, but have read all the posts. Please forgive me for "going off half-cocked."

2. To what degree was the article edited since I personally have assurances that Gov. Huckabee believes in a compassionate posture on LGBT issues?

3. If the only thing the majority of voters see is a summary of Governor Huckabee's comments from this article, what will be their takeaway and how will it affect his viability as a candidate for 2012.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:48 pm 
Captain

Liked: 4
lrobb wrote:

I suggest reading the entire article. It is worth your time. I am sure after reading it you will not be worried about how this will affect Governor Huckabee as a candidate in 2012. He stands by his convictions and that is one of the many reasons we need him to be our next president.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:21 pm 
Captain

Liked: 3
Kind of off the subject, but has anyone noticed Romneycare keeps coming up, but huckabee clemency stuff is seemingly forgotten. Which whill be a bigger primary issue? Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:37 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
Cschande:

Oh dear! Mea culpa, mea MAXIMA culpa! This is what you get for not reading the whole article.

I clearly remember Mike Huckabee's response in the debates now that your video reminded me. Not only that, I remember several members of the Florence Republican Club, me being one, defending Huckabee's position. We don't have to agree on everything. We have to agree on most things.

Far more important than the LGBT position is the quote which made me a Huckabee supporter. Believe me, no other candidate had the courage to touch this particular issue with a ten foot pole.

"In what may come as a surprise for some Huckabee agreed that an athiest could be fit to serve as President. 'I'd rather have an honest athiest than a dishonest religious person,' he said."

"It's better to have a person who says, 'Look, I just don't believe and that's where my honest position happens to be.'" he said.

"I'd hate to think somebody was making decisions who thought that he couldn't be higher than himself."

Point of fact most "honest Athiests" are also highly principled ethicists who certainly do NOT believe, unlike our present administration, no one is higher than are they. An Athiest--as opposed to a "poseur-athiest-for-maximum-effect"--filters everything through a fine screen of ethics because all humans need a touchstone--it is what distinguishes us a human.

It is the same touchstone which underlies Christainity, Judaism, Islam (of the generally practiced kind), Hinduism, Buddahism or any other belief system. Ethics translate earthwide for the simple reason of practicality. They work. No matter where.

Mike Huckabee is the first US politician to acknowledge this fact which puts him light years ahead of anyone else in the running.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 440

Love, love, love this guy! I can't wait to hear him in a debate again.

I bet you anything that was not the answer they thought Mike Huckabee would give when they chose him to answer it. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:15 pm 

Liked: 152
noser3 wrote:
Kind of off the subject, but has anyone noticed Romneycare keeps coming up, but huckabee clemency stuff is seemingly forgotten. Which whill be a bigger primary issue? Hmmmmm.

Romney supporters at RightOSphere.com will not let the clemency stuff die. They have "threatened" the police officers' families coming out in anti-Huckabee ads if he runs. Aaron 1 is the worst anti-Huckabee Romney supporter over there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
I have to say, I really love the new Huck Pac director, Hogan Gidley. He never lets the grass grow under his feet -- he is immediately out there on the firing line, shooting back biased reporting.

Washington Post updated its story to report Gidley's version.

Quote:
Updated 7:34 p.m.

In an interview with college journalists in New Jersey last week, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee reportedly compared the push for same-sex marriage to an effort to accommodate drug abuse, polygamy and incest, and he dismissed adoption by gay couples by saying, "Children are not puppies."

The Perspective, a student publication at The College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J., published an article from the interview on Friday; liberal Web sites picked up on the remarks Monday.

The one-time GOP presidential contender, whose name continues to be mentioned as a possible 2012 candidate, was on campus Wednesday to deliver a speech to the school's student government association.

In the interview, Perspective reported that he said he backs the Arkansas law barring same-sex couples from adopting or becoming foster parents. "This is not about trying to create statements for people who want to change the basic fundamental definitions of family," Huckabee said. "And always we should act in the best interest of the children, not in the seeming interest of the adults."

"Children are not puppies," he said. "This is not a time to see if we can experiment and find out, how does this work?"

A spokesman for Huckabee's political action committee contested the report as sensationalist and said it distorted Huckabee's views on Michael Steele, which were also discussed in the interview.

In discussing same-sex marriage, the Perspective reported, Huckabee said, "You don't go ahead and accommodate every behavioral pattern that is against the ideal. That would be like saying, well, there are a lot of people who like to use drugs, so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want who use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, so we should accommodate them."

The Perspective, an online magazine, is published with support of the Center for American Progress's Campus Progress network.

"Governor Huckabee believes that what people do as individuals in their private lives is their business, but he does not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage," Hogan Gidley, the executive director of Huck PAC said in an e-mail. "Not only did the young journalism student attempt to sensationalize the Governor's well known and hardly unusual views of same-sex marriage, he also inaccurately reported his views on Michael Steele as GOP chairman - The Governor offered his support and didn't "Rip into Steele" as his article asserted."

Hogan continued: "I would ask that he release the unedited tape of their conversation. Governor Huckabee had a candid and frank conversation with the group about health care, education, the economy and national security, while the young journalism student, instead, chose to focus on the issue of same-sex marriage and grossly distort the Governor's views."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/04/huckabee-compares-same-sex-mar.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 am 
Major General

Liked: 0
GrannyT wrote:
noser3 wrote:

Romney supporters at RightOSphere.com will not let the clemency stuff die. They have "threatened" the police officers' families coming out in anti-Huckabee ads if he runs. Aaron 1 is the worst anti-Huckabee Romney supporter over there.

Sort of like what they did with the Dumond ads ? /sarc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am 
Major General

Liked: 2
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

Love, love, love this guy! I can't wait to hear him in a debate again.

I bet you anything that was not the answer they thought Mike Huckabee would give when they chose him to answer it. :D

My dream would be to watch Gov. Huckabee debate Obama. It give me goose bumps just thinking about it! :D

--

P.S. My nightmare would be watching Romney debate Obama. That would be an absolute disaster for the republicans.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:50 pm 

Liked: 152
voter wrote:
I have to say, I really love the new Huck Pac director, Hogan Gidley. He never lets the grass grow under his feet -- he is immediately out there on the firing line, shooting back biased reporting.

Washington Post updated its story to report Gidley's version.

Quote:
Updated 7:34 p.m.

In an interview with college journalists in New Jersey last week, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee reportedly compared the push for same-sex marriage to an effort to accommodate drug abuse, polygamy and incest, and he dismissed adoption by gay couples by saying, "Children are not puppies."

The Perspective, a student publication at The College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J., published an article from the interview on Friday; liberal Web sites picked up on the remarks Monday.

The one-time GOP presidential contender, whose name continues to be mentioned as a possible 2012 candidate, was on campus Wednesday to deliver a speech to the school's student government association.

In the interview, Perspective reported that he said he backs the Arkansas law barring same-sex couples from adopting or becoming foster parents. "This is not about trying to create statements for people who want to change the basic fundamental definitions of family," Huckabee said. "And always we should act in the best interest of the children, not in the seeming interest of the adults."

"Children are not puppies," he said. "This is not a time to see if we can experiment and find out, how does this work?"

A spokesman for Huckabee's political action committee contested the report as sensationalist and said it distorted Huckabee's views on Michael Steele, which were also discussed in the interview.

In discussing same-sex marriage, the Perspective reported, Huckabee said, "You don't go ahead and accommodate every behavioral pattern that is against the ideal. That would be like saying, well, there are a lot of people who like to use drugs, so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want who use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, so we should accommodate them."

The Perspective, an online magazine, is published with support of the Center for American Progress's Campus Progress network.

"Governor Huckabee believes that what people do as individuals in their private lives is their business, but he does not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage," Hogan Gidley, the executive director of Huck PAC said in an e-mail. "Not only did the young journalism student attempt to sensationalize the Governor's well known and hardly unusual views of same-sex marriage, he also inaccurately reported his views on Michael Steele as GOP chairman - The Governor offered his support and didn't "Rip into Steele" as his article asserted."

Hogan continued: "I would ask that he release the unedited tape of their conversation. Governor Huckabee had a candid and frank conversation with the group about health care, education, the economy and national security, while the young journalism student, instead, chose to focus on the issue of same-sex marriage and grossly distort the Governor's views."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/04/huckabee-compares-same-sex-mar.html

This isn't going away yet. It has been "updated" again.