Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 32
http://new.khastv.com/modules/news/arti ... orytopic=4

To quote our dear Ms. Palin recently, "Well, this is kind of cool." 1,500 tea partiers showed up in Lincoln -- and they were playing Reagan and Huckabee speeches. Our guy is in good company in Nebraska.

Quote:
Lincoln tea party draws large crowd

(4/13/2010) By Adam Lefkoe - Across the nation, conservatives are banding together to speak out against the national government.
News 5's Adam Lefkoe was in Lincoln for a tea party Tuesday night.

Speeches from Ronald Reagan and Mike Huckabee rang through the Lancaster Events Center. The audience was upset conservatives adding to their message and hoping Washington takes a listen.

They said they have had enough. They are tired. They do not want to take it anymore.

"Let me tell you right now it is not and most of those people are going to get voted out and that is why I am here," said William Beeman.

"It is time for us to stand up and get what we want. Because it is our money," Joyce Beachler said.

1500 conservatives; one major concern - the direction of their beloved country. Organizers said both parties are upset.

"Well, we have people in our own committee that were Democrat in their affiliation in the past and they just feel their part has lost its way. We feel like some of the Republicans have lost their way," said Tea Party Organizer Neal Christensen.

Signs echoed the sentiment. Long time veterans of war questioned what they fought for.

"Which is not overspending the budget so much that it cripples our children," said William Beeman.

Future generations seemed to be a main concern. Grandmothers are hoping to leave more than a legacy.

"I think about my grandchildren. If we do not do something now, they will have lots and lots of problems as they grow older," said Beachler.

The message is clear. Whether anyone listens time will tell. The turnout shows they are not alone.

"It is inspiring, it is a tea party. It is a party. It is a great encouraging time," Christensen said.

If you share a similar viewpoint and missed Tuesday night's event there will be another tea party on the steps of the capitol building Thursday night

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
voter wrote:
http://new.khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=20626&storytopic=4

To quote our dear Ms. Palin recently, "Well, this is kind of cool." 1,500 tea partiers showed up in Lincoln -- and they were playing Reagan and Huckabee speeches. Our guy is in good company in Nebraska.

Quote:
Lincoln tea party draws large crowd

(4/13/2010) By Adam Lefkoe - Across the nation, conservatives are banding together to speak out against the national government.
News 5's Adam Lefkoe was in Lincoln for a tea party Tuesday night.

Speeches from Ronald Reagan and Mike Huckabee rang through the Lancaster Events Center. The audience was upset conservatives adding to their message and hoping Washington takes a listen.

They said they have had enough. They are tired. They do not want to take it anymore.

"Let me tell you right now it is not and most of those people are going to get voted out and that is why I am here," said William Beeman.

"It is time for us to stand up and get what we want. Because it is our money," Joyce Beachler said.

1500 conservatives; one major concern - the direction of their beloved country. Organizers said both parties are upset.

"Well, we have people in our own committee that were Democrat in their affiliation in the past and they just feel their part has lost its way. We feel like some of the Republicans have lost their way," said Tea Party Organizer Neal Christensen.

Signs echoed the sentiment. Long time veterans of war questioned what they fought for.

"Which is not overspending the budget so much that it cripples our children," said William Beeman.

Future generations seemed to be a main concern. Grandmothers are hoping to leave more than a legacy.

"I think about my grandchildren. If we do not do something now, they will have lots and lots of problems as they grow older," said Beachler.

The message is clear. Whether anyone listens time will tell. The turnout shows they are not alone.

"It is inspiring, it is a tea party. It is a party. It is a great encouraging time," Christensen said.

If you share a similar viewpoint and missed Tuesday night's event there will be another tea party on the steps of the capitol building Thursday night

OK, I found this report confusing until I realized that this is the transcript of a television reporter. Some of the punctuation is left out. But I was excited to hear that Huckabee speeches are being featured in Lincoln, NE, along with the Reagan speeches.

As a matter of fact, this is a great idea! Maybe we will have to plan this type of tea-party event in Kansas!

It sounds like the tea-partiers are starting to embrace Huckabee and he is reaching out to them now, also. Having John Voight on the Huckabee show was a significant reach to them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
I think Huckabee coming to Nebraska to oppose Ben Nelson won a lot of people over.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am 
*** General

Liked: 25
As I remember, his speech was firey and bold as well as his being there probably helped win a lot of people over.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:15 am 
Captain

Liked: 4
He has won some people over in Nebraska. I was in the front row during his fabulous speech in Omaha on December 20th. After Governor Huckabee was introduced he received a very warm welcome. He thanked the crowd and stated that he didn't get this kind of welcome in Arkansas. A man sitting behind me shouted "that's because you raised taxes". I planned to talk to this man at the conclusion of the event to enlighten him. As the Governor's speech went on, I couldn't help but notice he was bringing this man around all by himself and I was not needed.

A cute thing happened that day during Governor Huckabee's speech. My almost 12 year old daughter is very enthusiastic about all things Huckabee. :pompom She was standing up and cheering during her favorite parts of his speech. A lady sitting next to me asked if Mariah was Governor Huckabee's granddaughter. She figured she had to be related to him in order to have that much enthusiasm over a political speech. I told the lady, "no, she is just very well informed and wants him to be our next President".