Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Let's really get this out there tomorrow!

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... mbers.html

We should also let a lot of people at the Values Voter Summit know that Huckabee IS the guy the beat Obama.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
The best news I have posted on my face book page in a L O N G time!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I plan on sending the full results to Michael Medved so that he can correct himself in thinking that Romney is the "clear front-runner" for the 2012 GOP nomination. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Amazing! We need to promote this like crazy! It may help Huck win the VV straw poll if we do!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Yeah, can't wait to see the data. :D

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
On my Facebook page now. Plus a Politico piece. Spreading the word!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:01 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 5
Quote:
And we already saw from Tuesday night that GOP voters aren't willing to sacrifice principle for electability these days so Obama might just luck out by the conservative Republican base nominating someone that moderate independents and Republicans can't live with even if they dislike Obama.

This last sentence sounds like a sly way of implying a lack of electability to our guy. Am I reading that wrong... :x :tinfoil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
kdscott wrote:
Quote:
And we already saw from Tuesday night that GOP voters aren't willing to sacrifice principle for electability these days so Obama might just luck out by the conservative Republican base nominating someone that moderate independents and Republicans can't live with even if they dislike Obama.

This last sentence sounds like a sly way of implying a lack of electability to our guy. Am I reading that wrong... :x :tinfoil

I'm not exactly sure what the author is trying to get at. I mean, the polling data doesn't show what you said, but instead quite the opposite. Of the people who recognize who Mike is, the percentage of aye votes is greater than the others. The poll does include Dems and Repubs right?

But, there are a lot of presumptions that go behind that statement, one of them being that the more people get to know Mike, the less they like him. Although, we all know the opposite to be true.

I really don't see this hypothetical situation coming to fruition, with such dismal approval numbers of Obama from Republicans, I think everyone will pretty much get behind the nominee (provided things don't improve greatly). We really can't afford 4 more years.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 am 
Major General

Liked: 12
Quote:
We're going to have our monthly national 2012 Presidential poll out tomorrow and I realized something sort of fascinating about the numbers: the better known the Republican candidate is the worst he/she does against Barack Obama.

Sounds back handed to me. What I get from this = Mike's the least known, that's why he does the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
Quote:
There may be a lesson in the results of our monthly 2012 Presidential poll: the less angry a Republican you are the better you do against Barack Obama.

Mike Huckabee is the only possible GOP contender polling ahead of Obama this month, at 47/44. Going from arguably most pleasant to most angry across the spectrum of leading Republicans you then have Obama ahead of Mitt Romney 46-43, Newt Gingrich 47-43, Sarah Palin 49-43, and Glenn Beck 48-39.

Huckabee is the only candidate we polled this month to post positive favorability numbers, at 35/32. That's because he's relatively inoffensive to Democrats with only 44% having an unfavorable opinion of him. Mitt Romney's favorability numbers are only slightly negative at 33/35. The rest of the GOP folks are highly unpopular with Beck's favorability at 31/41, Palin's at 38/52, and Gingrich's at 30/50.

We also asked generally whether people would vote for Obama in 2012 or vote for his Republican opponent and that came out dead even at 47%. Those numbers tell us 2 things: 1) that Romney, Gingrich, and Palin are all weaker than a generic GOP nominee and 2) that it may be a little premature to write Obama's political obituary given that he's running even at a very, very bad time for his party.

Another interesting thing about this month's numbers is that among the serious GOP hopefuls the better known they are the worst they do against Obama. Huckabee has the lowest name recognition but the best horse race numbers while Palin has the highest name recognition and the worst horse race numbers.

Going deeper on Beck's favorability numbers he's viewed favorably by Republicans at 59/14 but negatively by Democrats at 11/60 and also by independents at 24/52. Beck's numbers with indys make Palin look like Ms. Popularity in comparison- 34% have a favorable opinion of her.

The takeaway from this poll is about the same as every month- Obama's pretty weak but his likely opposition is pretty darn weak too and particularly in the cases of Gingrich and Palin weaker than him.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... -2012.html

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ ... al_917.pdf