Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:23 am 
Captain

Liked: 3
Sorry, I'm not able to link this article... If someone could.
Anyway, I like the article. It's somewhat made up... But it keeps our guy in the spotlight.
I like how the writer notes the double standard in the way the media (primarily it's the conservative media) treats Palin vs Huckabee. They excoriate Mike anytime he's mentioned or simply ignore him. He's called everything from a Populist to tax hiker. While Palin is very similar ideologically and vigorously defended by this same group. It makes no rational sense, but sometimes templates don't.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
I liked the article, too. Thought that Mike got some important points across plus I liked what others had to say who were interviewed about Mike. I found the article on Twitter.

Contrast to FOX News Sunday- the panel were all about pushing Palin, Romney, Daniels, Paul Ryan. I don't think Mike was even mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
The article is a banner headline at Politico...and they chose a TERRIBLE picture of Mike. :x He looks comabative and hung over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:21 pm 
Captain

Liked: 4
Here's a link to the article:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42371.html

I thought the article was accurate for the most part. It was somewhat fair and balanced, unlike Faux News Sunday, who as Janelle already said, made no mention of Gov. Huckabee. The fact that he is able to work for FNC shows that he has presidential temperment in spades. I have no doubt he knows what he is doing - while others play checkers, he plays chess.

Gov. Huckabee's endorsements overall are based on principle, not political expediency. Candidates that endorsed him in 2008 share many core values with him.

I also agree that it is a terrible picture of Gov. Huckabee. :x It is not difficult to find a good picture of him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
noser3 wrote:
Sorry, I'm not able to link this article... If someone could.
Anyway, I like the article. It's somewhat made up... But it keeps our guy in the spotlight.
I like how the writer notes the double standard in the way the media (primarily it's the conservative media) treats Palin vs Huckabee. They excoriate Mike anytime he's mentioned or simply ignore him. He's called everything from a Populist to tax hiker. While Palin is very similar ideologically and vigorously defended by this same group. It makes no rational sense, but sometimes templates don't.

That last sentence sums it all up. If anyone thinks conservative radio/blogs are first and foremest about conservative ideals, they are seriously misled. It's about giving what their perceived audience wants to hear. If the crowd wants to hear "Freebird", well darnit, that's what Rush, Hannity, Levin, etc. are gonna play for them!

But I would quibble somewhat, as Iowans Rock has brought up elsewhere, that Palin and Huck are even comparable ideologically. All we reallly hear from Palin are platitudes and bumper sticker slogans. I really don't know where she stands in any detail on most issues. I know exactly where Huck stands on things. The conservative media loves vagueness because they can then write their own agenda onto the blank slate. It's why they loved GWB so much.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Sarah Palin is not a social conservative and her and Huckabee do not share the same base. The only reason people think she is a socon is because the McCain campaign and conservatives painted her as such when he put her on the ticket. All people saw was two un-planned pregnancies and one with disabled child and neither chose abortion. Sadly, that shows nothing of how someone will govern or lead as a pro-lifer as I know many pro-choice women who would never even consider the option of abortion but don't think it is their right to take the choice away from other women. Sarah Palin's short record as governor show no pro-life or pro-traditional marriage legislation nor do her actions or words since she stepped down.

I think she took a page out of the Haley Barbour handbook during her Iowa speech as this is all she said about the issue of life...
Quote:
And that every innocent life has purpose, has destiny. Every innocent life deserves to be in that circle of protection and respect.

This statement could have been said by someone of any political ideology. She also never uttered a word about the attack on traditional marriage. I think if there is any state where this issue needs to be addressed it is Iowa where we are fighting the judges who imposed gay marriage and trying desparately to get conservatives into office who will push a marriage amendment. 31 out of 31 states, including the bluest of blue, have passed something to protect traditional marriage. I believe this is an issue that every politician needs to address in Iowa, however, not a word from this "social conservative."

Her speech was instead filled wither her touting her winning endorsements in other states and connecting herself with the tea party....a movement she will ride the bandwagon with until they either fall apart or they kick her off. She also ripped on the establishment a little bit while backing the biggest establishment Republican to ever enter a race (Terry Branstad). When talking about Branstad she applauded his program for disabled children when he was governor before. She was either a liar or too un-informed to know that this program was headed up by none other than Bob Vander Plaats who Branstad specifically appointed. Bob VP himself has a serverly disabled son. People are not happy.

People can go on thinking that she is furthering the conservative movement but I on the other hand see someone who is hindering it for her own personal gain and making conservative women look bad at the same time. I sure hope that the true leader of the socon base, Mike Huckabee, enters the 2012 race because as poll after poll has shown he is the one politician who has remained true to his principles but yet can cross the gap to other voting blocks and ideologies because of his fiscal conservatism, small government, and state's rights views while not sickening the other side.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:43 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I have been stating for some time that Sarah Palin is trying to gain the Independent and Moderate voters, and that's why she endorses Moderates sometimes and why she doesn't mention Socon issues. This doesn't give me any confidence she would address those issues as President.

Mitt Romney does the same thing. At the VV Conference last year, he didn't even mention Socon issues and this year, there was one sentence. He wants John McCain's voters to support him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:44 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
Watched Fox news sunday too......I'm so tired of Wallace and Kristol ignoring Huck. I sent them a letter.