Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Quote:
David Brody makes the shrewd point that there are really only two presidential primaries in the GOP: The evangelical primary and the business primary. After Sarah Palin’s interview with Sean Hannity last night, I think we can now call Mike Huckabee the presumptive winner of the evangelical primary.

How often did Sarah Palin express in that interview some variant of the phrase, “it’s not about me?” How often did she describe herself as “respectful”? Often enough, in both cases, as to suggest that she and her handlers have finally woken up to the harm done to Palin’s public image by Palin’s previous video outing.

Unfortunately for Palin, that harm cannot be undone by softball interviews and angry protestations. Her base is melting away. It remains substantial, but less substantial with every passing month.

Suppose you are a faith & family voter: strongly socially conservative, strongly opposed to Barack Obama. By now you have thoroughly absorbed the idea that Palin is electorally radioactive. Quietly, you may also have your own reservations about Palin’s character, temperament and judgment. If you didn’t have an alternative, you might have to stick to her. But you do have an alternative: in fact it’s your own first choice from 2008. Easy call, yes?

http://www.frumforum.com/the-palin-interview

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:18 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
Wow, some interesting comments from liberals. They like Mike.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
When will the left realize the more they attack Palin, the more media time she gets?

I just hope this overexposure gets as tiring for others as it has for me. What respect and admiration I had for her, although I have never thought her presidential material, is being whittled away at little by little with all the media coverage and the right going beyond the reasonable in trying to protect and defend her. And her reaction. I learned early on in childhood that the best way to get a bully to leave you alone is to ignore them as inconsequential. Either she hasn't learned this or she likes making money over it.

Can we get on with the real debate and presidential contest? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 1
I tried to like Palin during the election campaign and couldn't. She seemed like an air head beauty queen, but recently I have started rooting for her.

Sure, she is not a polished speaker in front of a camera like Huckabee and she's weak on a number of policy issues.

But she's got gumption, she's not afraid of anyone and I really think she is smarter than she appears on camera - kind of like Bush. She gets kicked down and gets back up, puts a smile on her face and keeps on going.

How many of us would have run back to Alaska never to be heard from again after the criticism, insults and threats she has endured. I don't think it's all about money either. She just playing the hand she was dealt. If it was between Huckabee and Palin, yeah, I would pick Huck. But if Palin were up against a liberal, I would have no problem voting for her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 pm 

Liked: 152
Polly A wrote:
But if Palin were up against a liberal, I would have no problem voting for her.

As long as she's intelligent enough to choose an intelligent VP and wise advisers I could vote for her IF she wins the nomination. It would be interesting to see Palin and Obama in a real debate. :lol: I'm not sure which of them would embarrass themselves first. I wouldn't doubt that both of them have similar grades in school - if we could actually compare their records.

For the sake of America's future - I pray Huckabee will be the one debating Obama next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I could NOT vote for her. She does appear to be an air headed beauty queen and when she talks, IMO she never really says anything. Just spouts off talking points, the same ones that Hannity and O'Reilly use. It's as if she doesn't really have any views of her own. Maybe I am biased against her, but truthfully, I'd sooner vote for Mitt Romney than Palin. At least he DOES seem like he could "do the job."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 am 
** General

Liked: 107
nrobyar wrote:
I could NOT vote for her. She does appear to be an air headed beauty queen and when she talks, IMO she never really says anything. Just spouts off talking points, the same ones that Hannity and O'Reilly use. It's as if she doesn't really have any views of her own. Maybe I am biased against her, but truthfully, I'd sooner vote for Mitt Romney than Palin. At least he DOES seem like he could "do the job."

I'm not sure which one I could vote for if it was Romney vs. Palin. I can't get past Romney's flip flops and the way he's treated Huckabee and I feel the same way towards Palin as you do. I really hope it doesn't come down to that. :pray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 am 
General

Liked: 41
Polly A,

Unfortunately, the real reason why Palin's unfavorables are so high is because she doesn't let anything go...she has to either attack or defend every single thing that is said. Do you really believe that she would be a good President, who gets criticized all of the time, if she can't handle criticisms now?? Her use of inflammatory rhetoric, such as "the President doesn't have as much cojones as .....". Did she have to bring up that kind of rhetoric to make her point? What you call her ability to fight back is exactly why the left and Independents hate her. She cannot win a general election against Obama because she has totally alienated all of left, Independents, Moderates and a lot of Republicans who are embarrassed that she acts like a kid in highschool with no tact.

That is exactly why the Dems like Mike Huckabee because he gets his point across showing respect for them and not making personal snide comments about Obama. If we have a chance to beat Obama in 2012, we have to have a candidate who can maybe get some of the Reagan Democrats and Independents to vote for him/her. It helps a bunch if they like the Republican candidate....in comes Mike Huckabee.