Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Geraldo Rivera had a lengthy interview with Jeb Bush. Geraldo asked Jeb Bush if he was going to weigh in on the 2012 race. Here is his response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnRaVmLixs

Jeb Bush talks with Geraldo about the 2012 race. Sarah Palin not doing the work that the others are doing in laying the ground work. Mike Huckabee is underestimated in terms of his intellectual skills. He's incredibly smart, really witty, and he connects well with people as anybody in the public life today.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Woooohoooo! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
So, look at his face carefully, when he talks about Sarah Palin, then the way he looks when he talks about Mike. Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:31 am 
General

Liked: 71
So is Jeb Bush uniting with Huckabee? He did also endorse Rubio.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:48 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
Hope he will back Mike in 2012. He could really help Mike alot in Florida.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:53 am 
General

FL4Huck wrote:
Hope he will back Mike in 2012. He could really help Mike alot in Florida.

You can say that again.

It makes me wonder since they both obviously like Rubio. Maybe Bush just sees Mike as the clear favorite in FL or wants the VP slot. :like Savy politicians like Bush don't make these public anouncements like this without cause or reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Yay! I hope his remarks are picked up by the MSM! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:54 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
You beat me to the punch posting this but I had to make sure it was Jeb Bush who Gerardo was interviewing. I haven't seen him before.

I can't believe Gerardo asked him about Mike. I was afraid he was going to let it go with Bush's response to the Palin question . But Gerardo likes Mike, doesn't he? And did Gerardo say that Mike has a 'mean base' and if so, what did he mean by that?

:pompom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Nah, he said Huckabee plays a mean bass! :lol:

This is so cool! This is where GH's friendship with Rubio, his moving to FL, and his support for good candidates in that state all pay dividends! He has always spoken favorably of Jeb as well - I'm glad to see that there is a member of the Bush family who at least sounds enthusiastic about him!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 am 
Major General

Liked: 23
I just happen to flip over to Fox and heard what Jeb Bush said about Mike and boy did it please me to hear his praises. Of course, he did not bring up Mike but his response was quick, sincere and positive. I have not read or heard much about Jeb lately but know he has said many times he would NOT be running for president. I have read teasers on the news that he thinks the GOP must engage more with Hispanic voters and their concerns and he is so right!!

I did watch HUCKABEE tonight and it was a good show. Mike's opening remarks regarding the Tucson tragedy and media responses were rational, vertical and presidential!! A great media weekend for our guy! PTL !!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:25 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
Bush is highly respected in FL, and is also greatly regarded among latinos and hispanics. I see Huckabee as only serious GOP Presidential contender that could effectively reach out to hispanics in a presidential election.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Dave in SC wrote:
Bush is highly respected in FL, and is also greatly regarded among latinos and hispanics. I see Huckabee as only serious GOP Presidential contender that could effectively reach out to hispanics in a presidential election.

Yes, Huckabee's numbers poll poorly for the Hispanics, don't they? This could help. I am amazed and thankful for the many influential voices that are saying, "I just love Huckabee." Let's start a list!

Stuart Varney
Geraldo Rivera
Jeb Bush

Rush Limbaugh (not so much)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:59 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Wouldn't it be great if Mike Huckabee had Jeb Bush as is VP? Or, do you think the Bush name would hurt Mike Huckabee in the general? It would help him with the Latinos, don't you think?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:26 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
Huckabee would have to move back to Arkansas, because you cannot have a President and Vice President from the same state on the same ticket for some reason.
Vote For Truth wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if Mike Huckabee had Jeb Bush as is VP? Or, do you think the Bush name would hurt Mike Huckabee in the general? It would help him with the Latinos, don't you think?

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:27 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
But Jeb Bush would be a great pick for a lot of very good reasons, despite his last name.

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
Quote:
According to the Twelfth Amendment to the US Constitution, "The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves". Therefore, the electors from any state are not permitted to cast a vote for two candidates from their own state.
- from http://askville.amazon.com/President-Vice-President-USA-state/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=18135791

Also:
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/vicepresident.asp seems to say that the Pres. and VP CAN be from the same state, it's just that that state's electoral votes couldn't go to them. Interestingly, Cheney moved his residence back to Wyoming from Texas in 2000 to avoid the issue.

As for Jeb Bush's statement, I'm glad he was complimentary towards Gov. Huckabee. I wouldn't read too much into it, though. His mother and father will most likely support Gov. Romney, as they did in 2007/08 (and recently told Larry King they liked Romney, Palin not so much). It will be interesting to see what Jeb Bush does, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I am not a body language expert, I only watch one on tv. That being said, if you watch the video, the first thing I noticed was that while Jeb was saying nice things about Huckabee, he was shaking his head horizontally.

Again, I would love for Tanya Reiman to view that clip and tell us what she thinks.

I hope that Bush will get behind Huckabee. I am sure that they worked together on governing issues and became friends in the process.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 pm 
General

Could Mike still file his papers in Arkansas making anyone in FL a possible VP?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:18 am 
** General

Liked: 107
ConservTexan wrote:
I am not a body language expert, I only watch one on tv. That being said, if you watch the video, the first thing I noticed was that while Jeb was saying nice things about Huckabee, he was shaking his head horizontally.

So what does that mean? That he means what he is saying or he doesn't believe it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am 
Major

Liked: 34
but noticed he also smiled more at Huckabee's mention than at Palin's. I think it's just a mannerism of how he talks.