Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
6) Palin Supported Mike Huckabee Early in the 2008 Race :pompom

John McCain may have catapulted her to stardom, but the Arizona senator did not have Palin's support in the primary. Instead, she supported former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. In an email, Palin writes, "Huck's a good pick for me. Just fyi."

http://twitter.com/gop12

Some of the juicer bits and e mails from the Palin tell-all: http://thebea.st/g8GPfO
about 1 hour ago via web

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 pm 

Liked: 152
I'm confused. I was told she supported Romney. :? Maybe she's smarter than I thought. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
I saw this earlier this morning too. I'm not sure if it's a good thing (or even reliable, considering the source, although that's another question). Considering that Palin's endorsements in the primaries seemed to have a net negative effect, I'd rather see her not run but also not endorse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:30 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Hopefully the writer has copies of his email to back up the assertions.

And my link to the story comes from:

"Shushannah Walshe ... co-author of Sarah From Alaska: The Sudden Rise and Brutal Education of a New Conservative Superstar. She was a reporter and producer at the Fox News Channel from August 2001 until the end of the 2008 presidential campaign."

Face it, if a former Huck staffer leaked emails - Drudge Report, Hot Air, and Townhall etc. etc. would have it on all the front page headlines.

But the thing is, the likeable Huck has no disgruntled employees as Palin obviously has.

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
I clearly remember this. Palin never supported Romney. Prior to Alaska's primary, she stated that she was considering endorsing Huckabee or McCain. I remember immediately forwarding the news article to Huckabee's campaign team, in hopes that they would talk to Palin to snag an endorsement. Ultimately, Palin endorsed no one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Video: Seeing and hearing is believing.
Watch the video. She clearly says it.

Why wonder about fake emails?

Interview of Sarah Palin from Super Tuesday, 2008.

http://shelbinator.com/2008/08/29/sarah ... y-reprise/

In this interview, Palin calls controversial Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul “cool.” “He’s a good guy,” she added. “He’s so independent. He’s independent of the party machine. I’m like, ‘Right on, so am I.’ ”

That occurs around the 3:00 mark of the video clip. She also praised Romney (apparently for wanting to drill in ANWR) and had nothing to say about McCain

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
I am sure that Palin did not publically “support” Huckabee early in 2008, but very few would actually know who she voted for in their primary. If she did not tell us, how would we know and it really doesn’t matter?

What I think might be funny though, is if this e-mail were authentic and Palin actually did favor Huckabee in 2008. I say that because remember that Rush and crew called Huckabee first a moderate and then a liberal during that same period. Fast forward a year or two and they were claiming that Palin was a very smart woman and likening her to Ronald Reagan. If she did indeed like Huckabee and they in their great wisdom discerned that he was a “liberal”, then how did Palin miss this “truth”?

Why don’t they just admit that they were wrong about Huckabee and Romney and Palin. Huckabee is the conservative and they, not so much.