Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
Quote:
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says he is definitely thinking about running for president in 2012, believes President Barack Obama can be beaten – and he is the man to do it. But, Huckabee Tuesday also told Fox News’ Sean Hannity getting the nomination might be tough, and the GOP-controlled Congress could pass bills that will stop Obama from continuing to take “bizarre” actions and thereby salvage his presidency.

“Here's the reality: I think he can be beat,” said Huckabee, who has just written a book titled “A Simple Government.” “I frankly think that I would be in a very good position to do it, because I believe that standing head-to-head with him, articulating the very clear decisive difference between our positions, would be a great contrast.

“It is the process of getting to that nomination that is tough [and] the Republicans might save him,” he said. “By that I mean that the Republicans in the House might make enough what I would call sensible votes and actually prevent him from doing some bizarre things like Obamacare, and could put him back in the game.”

Hannity asked what has changed Huckabee’s mind, as six months ago the governor was reluctant to discuss a possible 2012 run.
“Well, I think there are a couple of things. The poll numbers certainly have been favorable,” Huckabee said. “I've been leading in polls nationally, as well as in a number of key states, but another thing is, you know, I finished this book, I looked at it and I say: ‘You know, these ideas could help change this country.’

“Honestly, I step back from it. You know, when you write a book you get almost tired of it and you step back and you read it and you say this is what I really believe,” he said. “This is what I stand for and maybe I should put it out there and find out if there are people in this country who agree with it.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Huck ... /id/387079

THis was also posted on Huckpac

a comment left at huckpac that I found encouraging:
Quote:
Roberts, Chris
02/23/2011 12:08 PM
I'm a firefighter, I've been part of a large union, and I voted for Obama in 2008. Now, I'm a conservative who wants my country back. There are so many more people out there like me... I know you have a chance. Please run so we can reclaim prosperity!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:15 pm 

Liked: 152
:pompom :pray :up :balloons :party

That might be our call to active duty. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm 

Liked: 152
I am so excited that Gov. Huckabee is considering running for President again for 2012. I've decided to put my money where my mouth is and donated $20.12 for the best chance we have of winning in 2012. Please join me in helping HuckPAC reach their goal PLUS show our support! I raised my goal for support. Please donate to HuckPAC using my code, R34215 to help me reach my goal of helping HuckPAC reach theirs.

Yes, I know there is a money bomb set up for this Friday. But, I was too excited to wait until then. I’ll donate another $20.12 on Friday.

Huckabee 2012! Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:31 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Huckaboom!!! :fw

:army

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I usually give even dollar amounts but this time sent my message with a $20.12 donation on HuckPAC. Notice the event code when you give. :!: :wink: