Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Quote:
Meanwhile, Huckabee has been holding a string of about a half-dozen meetings with donors or bundlers in New York. primarily from the finance industry, over the past 6 weeks, three sources told POLITICO.

It's the first indication that Huckabee has been making any sort of move toward one of the factors he said would go into a decision about a second-chance presidential campaign in 2012 — raising enough funds to be competitive in the primary.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53006.html

Quote:
This is the first sign that Mike Huckabee, consistently leading in national polls, is vaguely considering assemblying a campaign: Haberman reports that he "has been quietly meeting with donors in New York for the past month as he himself weighs a run."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0411/Huckabee_dips_a_toe_in.html?showall

:dive

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
amazing news! Go Huck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
:like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I wonder who these NY donors could me. It would be great if he could get millions, like the others. Then when DT,MB, and HB drop out, maybe they'll get behind him and get him lots more. Then its bye bye Obama.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 pm 

Liked: 152
FL4Huck wrote:
I wonder who these NY donors could me. It would be great if he could get millions, like the others. Then when DT,MB, and HB drop out, maybe they'll get behind him and get him lots more. Then its bye bye Obama.

Pure speculation on my part - but when I read the article I was thinking of some of the financial crowd that agreed with Huckabee about the bailouts like Cavuto and Ramsey.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:04 pm 
General

Liked: 71
:party :whisper :pooh :yourock :ski :surfing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Obama got over six times the money from big finance than McCain.
Maybe when the perception goes to Mike winning the bet hedging will tilt in his favor.
But PLEASE folks don't take Mike landing some big donors as an excuse to not open up those wallets for him. Getting a large percentage of his money from the common folk speaks volumes to his credibility as the peoples choice.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Regarding his meeting with Trump -

What a way with words. Where does he come up with this stuff? This one, in particular had me LOL. : )

"We just had a very honest and open conversation about the process of running. ... It was kind of like two dogs sniffing around a fire hydrant together,"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/04 ... z1JLGp6mm1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:49 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Regarding his meeting with Trump -

What a way with words. Where does he come up with this stuff? This one, in particular had me LOL. : )

"We just had a very honest and open conversation about the process of running. ... It was kind of like two dogs sniffing around a fire hydrant together,"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/04 ... z1JLGp6mm1

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:07 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
:whisper
:fireworks :fw :fireworks

:earth :yourock

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
Quote:
He has recently stepped up his outreach to conservative activists and donors, meeting last week in New York with a small group of GOP contributors, as Politico first reported Tuesday.

The group included M. Myers Mermel, the chief executive of TenantWise, a commercial real estate tracking firm, who served as Huckabee’s state chair in New York in his 2008 bid.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la ... ?track=rss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
I am actually surprised that we are hearing about something like this, this early. If we hear more news stories like this we'll have a better feeling about him running but so will Fox News and ABC Radio Networks ending Mike's run on those media outlets sooner than he desires.

His race, his pace. I know many who want Mike to come out sooner but I want Mike to tell us when he is ready...not forced to by the media.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:20 pm 
General

Liked: 71
Hey I just noticed I am over 1000 post! Still just a lt. General? :soldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
OK, this is a stupid question :oops: - but maybe others wonder this as well, so that my asking will serve a purpose :)

Individuals can only give a limited amount to campaigns, right? (is it $2300?) So then, how do candidates get 'millions' from donors? and how much money can a candidate contribute to his or her own race?

Guess I should know this by now...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
chapelccino wrote:
OK, this is a stupid question :oops: - but maybe others wonder this as well, so that my asking will serve a purpose :)

Individuals can only give a limited amount to campaigns, right? (is it $2300?) So then, how do candidates get 'millions' from donors? and how much money can a candidate contribute to his or her own race?

If this is a stupid question, I'm stupid right along with you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 am 
** General

Liked: 107
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
chapelccino wrote:

If this is a stupid question, I'm stupid right along with you!

Add me to the stupid list because I would like to know too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:23 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
One way they can get "millions" from a wealthy individual is through that person hosting a fund-raising dinner, and charging guests a huge fee per plate.

Another way would be if that person loaned him something like their airplane.

A great way is if that person runs a "527" ad, like George Soros does. It's protected free speech, as long as it's not paid for by the candidate, his PAC, or his campaign.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
1,000,000 real grassroots supporters times $2300.00 equals $2.300,000,000
Even if we gave less than half of that, say $1,000.00, that would still be a cool billion.
You mean to tell me Mike doesn't have that many grassroots supporters who think a Huckabee Presidency is worth the sacrifice.
There is power in numbers as long as the numbers think Mike is worth it.
Stop waiting for the knight in shining armor to come to Mike's rescue. Step up to show that Mike is worth it.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 am 
Colonel

Liked: 1
The campaign contribution limit for an individual to give to a specific candidate is $2,500. The contribution limit one can give to a PAC is $5,000. So at the moment he may be able to drum up some support from the rich guys who could donate $5,000 to his PAC and like an above poster said, do a fundraiser for say, $5,000 a plate :). That also means that if any grassroots supporters are near $2,500 and they have been giving to Huck PAC, they need not worry, keep giving!

Also, although it is illegal for corporations to donate to any involved in a federal election, "In early 2010, the United States Supreme Court ruled in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission that corporate funding of independent political broadcasts in candidate elections cannot be limited pursuant to the right of these entities to free speech." Which means the wealthy guys who own corporations can run ads in favor of or opposed to anyone they want. Which would be very helpful.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/contriblimits.shtml

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
melopa wrote:
1,000,000 real grassroots supporters times $2300.00 equals $2.300,000,000
Even if we gave less than half of that, say $1,000.00, that would still be a cool billion.
You mean to tell me Mike doesn't have that many grassroots supporters who think a Huckabee Presidency is worth the sacrifice.
There is power in numbers as long as the numbers think Mike is worth it.
Stop waiting for the knight in shining armor to come to Mike's rescue. Step up to show that Mike is worth it.

This was the idea behind www.saveformike.com which I started with Colin and Michelle Ashley after Mike dropped out in '08. We asked supporters to sign up and pledge to "save" $2,300 over the course of 3 years to then be able to make a max. donation upon his announcing a candidacy for '12. This would have amounted to $2.00 a day approx. and there was no commitment if he decided not to run. If we could have gotten just 5,000 supporters to make this pledge, G.H. would have started his campaign with $11,500,000 on day 1. Sadly there was little to no interest in this initiative. Very disheartening to say the least.