Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:56 pm 

Liked: 340
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/04/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSTRE7434EC20110504

Quote:
Most U.S. voters say "no" to Palin or Trump in 2012
NEW YORK | Wed May 4, 2011 10:39am EDT

(Reuters) - Nearly 60 percent of Americans would never support a Republican presidential bid by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin or real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump, according to a new poll Wednesday.

But the Quinnipiac University poll of 1,408 voters found that about half would consider or be enthusiastic about backing former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney or former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee in the November 2012 election.

"It is difficult to get a handle on the 2012 Republican race. Many contenders are not well known and many who are known are not liked," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

"Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee are in the best shape. Sarah Palin and Donald Trump suffer from the reality that, as our mothers told us, 'You never get a second chance to make a first impression,'" he said.

Trump, who has been testing the waters for a possible 2012 run for the Republican presidential nomination, said he would announce something before June -- after his reality TV show, "Celebrity Apprentice," ends its season on May 22.

Palin was the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and is keeping her supporters guessing on whether she will run.

Among the 613 Republican and independent Republican-leaning voters, the poll showed Romney as favorite to win the Republican presidential nomination with 18 percent, followed by Huckabee and Palin with 15 percent and Trump with 12 percent.

Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels and former House of Representatives Speaker Newt Gingrich each have 5 percent, while former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann and both on 4 percent.

The margin of error for that subset was plus or minus 4 percentage points.

The telephone poll, conducted between April 16 and May 1, was released on the eve of a debate in South Carolina among a handful of potential Republican candidates, none of them high-profile names.

The error margin for the larger group was 2.6 points.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
I agree that it would be tough for Palin. She's been unceasingly shredded badly in the media since 2008. It does take its toll.

If she doesn't run, I would expect Huck to get a majority of her supporters.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
WinningGuy wrote:
I agree that it would be tough for Palin. She's been unceasingly shredded badly in the media since 2008. It does take its toll.

Yeah, I think many would go to Huckabee, but, I suspect (and I have no polling or evidence to prove this) that many or perhaps most would go to Bachmann.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:30 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Miserere wrote:
WinningGuy wrote:

Yeah, I think many would go to Huckabee, but, I suspect (and I have no polling or evidence to prove this) that many or perhaps most would go to Bachmann.

8) 32% of Palin voters list Huckabee as their second choice to 25% for Gingrich and only 10% for Romney. – from PPP’s March 15, 2011

Yahoo Daily News 2011-01-20:

WASHINGTON, DC – “Mike Huckabee leads the trio of top-tier Republican contenders for 2012, a Washington Post/ABC poll finds, with 21 percent of the vote. Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney trail him with 19 percent and 17 percent of the vote, respectively. Everyone else is back in the single digits. Palin and Huckabee are fighting for the same base of supporters, The Washington Post’s note. They each take about a quarter whites without college degrees and people with family incomes of less than $50,000. Romney performs well with the more affluent and educated. Huckabee nets 29 percent of white evangelicals. He also wins among…”

And in THE HILL:

WASHINGTON, DC – “But voters second choices, should their favorites opt not to run, offers an interesting glimpse of which pockets of the GOP the candidates must compete for.

-If Gingrich opts not to run Huckabee would pick up 31 percent of his supporters, while 27 percent said they would gravitate to Romney and only 19 percent to Palin.

-Palin doesn’t run, Huckabee benefits. Almost a quarter of Palin supporters said the former Arkansas governor is their second choice, followed by 20 percent who named Gingrich and 12 percent who picked Romney.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pol ... ey-backers

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC Liked by: Matthew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Craig88USC wrote:
Miserere wrote:
WinningGuy wrote:

8) 32% of Palin voters list Huckabee as their second choice to 25% for Gingrich and only 10% for Romney. – from PPP’s March 15, 2011

Yahoo Daily News 2011-01-20:

WASHINGTON, DC – “Mike Huckabee leads the trio of top-tier Republican contenders for 2012, a Washington Post/ABC poll finds, with 21 percent of the vote. Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney trail him with 19 percent and 17 percent of the vote, respectively. Everyone else is back in the single digits. Palin and Huckabee are fighting for the same base of supporters, The Washington Post’s note. They each take about a quarter whites without college degrees and people with family incomes of less than $50,000. Romney performs well with the more affluent and educated. Huckabee nets 29 percent of white evangelicals. He also wins among…”

And in THE HILL:

WASHINGTON, DC – “But voters second choices, should their favorites opt not to run, offers an interesting glimpse of which pockets of the GOP the candidates must compete for.

-If Gingrich opts not to run Huckabee would pick up 31 percent of his supporters, while 27 percent said they would gravitate to Romney and only 19 percent to Palin.

-Palin doesn’t run, Huckabee benefits. Almost a quarter of Palin supporters said the former Arkansas governor is their second choice, followed by 20 percent who named Gingrich and 12 percent who picked Romney.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pol ... ey-backers

:lol: Well, I'm glad someone had the numbers to prove my hunch wrong. I guess the key there is that so few would go to Romney. Makes sense.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.