Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
He was very serious, you couldn't even see his dimple. He said that he didn't even talk to his family until this afternoon. Perhaps he wanted to tell them before Ed Rollins.

Post by jcpender Liked by: GrannyT
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
jcpender wrote:
He was very serious, you couldn't even see his dimple. He said that he didn't even talk to his family until this afternoon. Perhaps he wanted to tell them before Ed Rollins.

Ed just ran to his phone frantically dialing "Please pick up, Mike. Please pick up!" :floor

I say Mike announces the EC and it's on! It's so on!

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC Liked by: HuckyinKentucky

Sergeant

Liked: 45
He said, No one knows but family.

Well, except us here at HA!

Duh . . . RUNNING!

:pray

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Private

Liked: 0
The tipping point for Mike may have been the disaster of Romney's speech yesterday. I think he was waiting to make absolutely sure he thought he would be able to win and seeing Romney fumble yesterday convinced him that Romney will not be able to overcome his self-inflicted flaws.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Regal Nole wrote:
The tipping point for Mike may have been the disaster of Romney's speech yesterday. I think he was waiting to make absolutely sure he thought he would be able to win and seeing Romney fumble yesterday convinced him that Romney will not be able to overcome his self-inflicted flaws.

I was just thinking the same thing. All day, I have been going through everything that could have triggered this timing and it clicked when he started talking about Romney on Cavuto.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Steadfast wrote:
Regal Nole wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. All day, I have been going through everything that could have triggered this timing and it clicked when he started talking about Romney on Cavuto.

I have also been struggling with the timing. If he is NOT running.....why now???? If he is running, I definitely know "why now."

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: miracleshappen

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
Is there a link yet to view the Cavuto clip?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:50 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
Ok any info on who's on the show tonite......I heard Nugent....

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Steadfast wrote:
Chris Wallace just announced he will have GMH on his show Sunday morning...good sign!

This is very good news. This just isn't a cable show.

He would not have gotten Chris Wallace to let him on just to announce he is sitting 2012 out and taken up basket weaving!

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: janelles

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:56 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
PPP even has a note about the announcement, oh yea, and the Missouri results too.http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... a-and.html

Quote:
Rumor has it Huckabee may announce that he is not running on his Fox News show tomorrow. That would be good news, at least for the time being, for the president. Huckabee gives him more trouble than the others in the South, in Appalachia, and up and down the Mississippi--including in states where the president remains strong (like North Carolina and Virginia) and states where he has declined since 2008 (like Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Missouri). The GOP almost certainly needs to return to Southern dominance and dip into either the West or Midwest--or both--to win the White House next year, and it remains to be seen whether another candidate can establish the rapport with these voters that Huckabee has.

Romney is not a much weaker alternative in these states, and he does put Obama more on the defensive in the Northeast and Southwest, particularly Nevada and New Hampshire, than does Huckabee. But Huckabee would certainly be leaving both a good shot at the nomination and a decent shot at Obama on the table by keeping his hat out of the ring.
POSTED BY DUSTIN INGALLS AT 1:41 PM

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Ok, I just posted the video on my website:

Will he or Won't he? Mike Huckabee to announce his decision on Huckabee Show.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.c ... ee-to.html

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Blast! I usually am on line every night. Last night I said, "I'm too tired...one night off....I won't miss anything." What happened w/ Mitt's speech? How bad was it? Would someone please start a SEPARATE thread!!

I feel Mike's going to run...the path is open. But if he doesn't, it will be b/c of lack of $$$. He once said, "I don't want to jump into a pool without any water in it."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I'm feeling great about this now. Just hard to focus on my exam tomorrow now :(

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Wendero wrote:
I'm feeling great about this now. Just hard to focus on my exam tomorrow now :(

I had a major research paper due today at 5. Got it done in time fortunately, but with news bubbling up about Mike's big announcement, it wasn't easy!

First I was nervous, then I was disappointed when I read Rollins' statement, now I'm pumped!!!

Of course everyone in the liberal media and even many in the conservative media are hoping he won't run, Sean Hannity will probably still be claiming that to anyone who'll listen even after Mike announces he's in, but, as Southern Doc pointed out earlier, all signs are still pointing in the right direction.

Looking forward to a big HuckaBoom this weekend!!!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, Jack_Somers81

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
I just noticed this:

Quote:
While Huckabee’s Saturday show is always taped, his announcement about 2012 will run live, according to an informed source.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... _blog.html

He's being very careful about not letting this news leak. I also thought it was telling that in the Cavuto interview, he essentially said not to believe rumors from people who thought they knew the answers.

He's building up for something and playing it extremely close. Whatever announcement he's making, he wants to make it on HIS terms.

Post by Matthew Liked by: Chadballer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Southern Doc wrote:
... he reflects who "We" are, and not because he is the "one we've been waiting for."

This is profound.

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 2 Chadballer, maryrae

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
My sister called me at work, after reading the article with Rollins, to tell me that Governor Huckabee was not running and, I want to tell you, it was all I could do not to cry...Then, when I found out it wasn't certain yet what announcement he would make I held out a little bit of hope. But, that article, along with the way I perceived Gov. Huckabee the last time he was on FOX talking about his decision has me very worried that he is NOT running. If he is not running the timing is very bad for the GOP because it will look like he feels Obama can't be beaten (remember he said he wouldn't run if he didn't think he could win) and Obama has a huge surge in poll numbers because of the Osama killing. I'm so hoping that he IS going to run, but why would he not tell anyone from his "campaign in waiting?"

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:05 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I've been reading a little on Race42012 (please forgive me!) and two things stuck out. Well, three if you count everyone convinced that Huckabee isn't running. :roll: They also said Huckabee cannot announce on Fox News or else they will be fined and that Ed Rollins was on another network saying that Huckabee is too fat to run.

WHAT????? scratch

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:07 pm 

Liked: 152
Matthew wrote:
I just noticed this:

Quote:
While Huckabee’s Saturday show is always taped, his announcement about 2012 will run live, according to an informed source.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... _blog.html

He's being very careful about not letting this news leak. I also thought it was telling that in the Cavuto interview, he essentially said not to believe rumors from people who thought they knew the answers.

He's building up for something and playing it extremely close. Whatever announcement he's making, he wants to make it on HIS terms.

His race - his pace - his time - his terms. I agree he needs to announce live and not in a pre-taped show or the news would be all over the country before the show even aired. Do we have any HA members that will be there live :?:

For those who said he's announcing early because he said summer - they should have been here in northern Illinois where it was in the upper 80s to lower 90s earlier this week. We had to turn our a/c on. We're back to lower temperatures and spring rain today.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 pm 

Liked: 152
Huckabeliever wrote:
I've been reading a little on Race42012 (please forgive me!) and two things stuck out. Well, three if you count everyone convinced that Huckabee isn't running. :roll: They also said Huckabee cannot announce on Fox News or else they will be fined and that Ed Rollins was on another network saying that Huckabee is too fat to run.

WHAT????? scratch

I've been busy and haven't read very much on Race today. I did notice that Huckabee is dominating the front page. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next