Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:50 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
I like Rollins. Perhaps Huck will go with another campaign manager this time.

Or promote within :)

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:51 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
dbonhoeffer wrote:
Quote:
I’m just not sure what he’s going to announce,” Mr. Gidley, a top adviser to the former governor, said. “I know that sounds insincere, but I really don’t.”

Asked whether the announcement would settle the question of Mr. Huckabee’s running, one way or the other, Mr. Gidley said, “that’s an interesting question. He doesn’t throw around ‘I’ve got big announcement’ lingo in a haphazard fashion. But I really don’t know.

I'm gonna go for it and say this is it. Just because of the last paragraph.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... ntial-run/
And Rush just mentioned that Mitch Daniels and his wife, who spoke for the first time ever, held an event last evening and it seems his wife might finally be on board (which in the past seems to be the reason he hasn't announced a run). With Mitch itching closer and Christie being courted by some Iowans, it makes me wonder if Mike isn't going to push up his announcement time. Because I believe when he announces, there will be other candidates that won't bother getting in. (You can guess who those might be. Rove gave his opinion on FOX this week.) If he waits too long, people will be committed to the other, less likely to win, candidates and it is hard to switch back, and Mike will have lost needed momentum.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:53 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I'm with you, Indiana.

He knows that candidates can come from nowhere and win Iowa, because he did it. So he needs to act now.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:56 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
I would have to agree with you Indiana4Huck. Romney self-destruction yesterday and the news about Daniel may have forced Huck to move up the time-table. Just because Huck did say that the decision would come in the summer doesn't mean he has to announce in the summer.

If a window of opportunity has opened for Huck right now and he is taking advantage of it, that would be what I would have expected because of him.

Besides, Romney just shot himself up yesterday, so a huge vacuum has opened up in the race.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:57 pm 
Sergeant

As on Romney's end, it looks like the establishment is going to abandon Romney and fall in line for Daniels.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:58 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Wish he could tell us more about what exactly the announcement is regarding.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:00 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it is, although I'm sure people will be asking Huckabee before then (if he's going on all these shows) and he'll have to say something.

I saw someone on his facebook speculate that he might be expanding his show into Glenn Beck's old time-slot which would mean he is not running. I really hope he is though.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:03 pm 
Lieutenant General

sherri79 wrote:
Just saw this on twitter, he wouldn't wait til the last 5 minutes of the show, if this was about the videos

Quote:

@mattklewis
Matt Lewis
SOURCE: "Huck will make a major announcement in the last 5 mins of his Fox show tomorrow night, Sat."
yep, I think it is about the videos. maybe we and others are making more of it and it wouldn't be 'trolling' to promote a new book or new videos and we take off on a tangent about an announcement. Afterall, didn't he tell the world he wouldn't be making an announcement before summer?!

Mike is so hard to figure out because he breaks a lot of political molds and maybe because he marches to the beat of a different drummer (or at least I think he does :?: ). scratch

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Mike Huckabee to announce running for president on Intrade is crashing right now.

Earlier today it was at 64+ now it is down to 37 and falling.

:(

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
sherri79 wrote:
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/13/huckabee-teases-decision-on-presidential-run/

Ed Rollin's story keeps changing, does he really have any inside info or not?? UGGhh its so frustrating!

Quote:
It is unclear whether any federal rules would prohibit Mr. Huckabee from making a campaign-related announcement from the perch of his show. But if the decision is that he’s running, he could announce that Saturday is his last show on Fox.

Ed Rollins, a veteran Republican strategist who has served as Mr. Huckabee’s top political adviser, said in an interview Friday that he does not believe Mr. Huckabee will run again.

“I have no idea,” Mr. Rollins said. But he added that the fact that Mr. Huckabee’s top people don’t know what announcement he will make is “pretty indicative that he’s not going to run.”

Over the last several months, Mr. Rollins has been helping Mr. Huckabee to put in place the pieces of a campaign to be ready if he decided to run, Mr. Rollins said.

“There was a tremendous opportunity for him to be a viable, credible candidate,” Mr. Rollins said. “I think Mike has got unique talents but he just didn’t have the fire in the belly. I can’t want it more than the candidate does.”

Mr. Rollins said that “there is a campaign that can be put together in a week. All of the pieces are there.” But he said that in the last two weeks Mr. Huckabee’s family expressed doubts about a run.

“They did not want him to run. I think that had a big impact,” Mr. Rollins said.

In addition, Mr. Rollins said that he did not think Fox News would allow Mr. Huckabee to use the platform of a news show on their network to make an announcement that he is running for president.

Wow...that's disheartening. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:08 pm 
Lieutenant General

One thing we all know about Mike is he is politically wise.

But I can't stand the suspense!! Is there a nailbiting emoticon? I need it desperately.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/05/13/hu ... nt=Twitter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 pm 
Sergeant

Quote:
Afterall, didn't he tell the world he wouldn't be making an announcement before summer?!

That doesn't mean he can't change his mind. Several major things have happened in the political world since then. I think that some of you guys are boxing him in on the timetable for the announcement.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 pm 
Sergeant

sherri79 wrote:
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/05/13/huckabee-makes-a-2012-announcement/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FoxNewsInsider+%28Fox+News+Insider%29&utm_content=Twitter

Thought so.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:11 pm 
Sergeant

So this is it. Tomorrow, will our dreams rise, or will Mom finally put me on suicide watch (just kidding)?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:13 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 1
Called it!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Looks like the announcement really is going to be about 2012 then. Rollins' statement really is disheartening, and I take him at his word that he doesn't know what Mike's going to announce tonight. Maybe he's putting out the "this means he's probably not running" storyline because he honestly doesn't know what Mike's going to do and he's hoping to scare people who want him to run into getting a hold of him before he announces so they can convince him to run, or at least to put off the decision, if he's decided to announce he's not running?

At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself until tomorrow night. I just can't believe Mike would walk away from such an incredible opportunity like this. I honestly couldn't tell you who I'll support if he does. Haven't even thought about it. I'd have to take a long hiatus from politics.

Where's Southern Doc with his words of wisdom to calm our nerves when we need him?!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:18 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
maybe Rollins is being coy? Maybe he wants everyone to be suprised?

i am freaking out! run huck run!

Post by californiaforhuck Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:21 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
I'm no Southern Doc, but I'll say this: I don't think Huckabee would walk away from such an amazing opportunity as this. Rollins is probably pretty nervous and thinks that if Huck has moved up his timeline for an announcement that he's not running. But as you said earlier cshande (or it was someone a couple of pages back), he just fell off the fence laughing at that speech from Romney. I'm now gonna go join the "He's in!!!" crowd and get ready to celebrate the first man I get to vote for for the highest federal office in the United States of America.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
If he gets Beck's old time slot that would be epic.

And if he doesn't run because his family doesn't want him to, that's a decision that I can respect. It can't be easy on them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next