Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I have a feeling poor Ed Rollins will feel very forlorned after Huck announces he's running tonight................maybe Eddie isn't in Huck's inner circle as much as he thought he was. :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:35 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
He just plugged his last book, "A Simple Government"!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
goalieman wrote:
I have a feeling poor Ed Rollins will feel very forlorned after Huck announces he's running tonight................maybe Eddie isn't in Huck's inner circle as much as he thought he was. :lol:

Nah, I think GH knew that he had to keep it from everybody (except family, of course). I don't think it indicates Rollins place, or the lack thereof, in GH's campaign...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:41 pm 
** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
goalieman wrote:

Nah, I think GH knew that he had to keep it from everybody (except family, of course). I don't think it indicates Rollins place, or the lack thereof, in GH's campaign...

But I think Rollins might have sealed his fate with Huckabee in his interview last night.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Huckabeliever wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
goalieman wrote:

But I think Rollins might have sealed his fate with Huckabee in his interview last night.

Ooh, why? What have I missed?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm 
** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:

Ooh, why? What have I missed?

I don't have a link (maybe someone else does?) where Rollins says he doesn't think Huckabee isn't running and he's too overweight to run.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
QuoVadisAnima,

He said he didn't think Huckabee would run, that Huckabee's family didn't want him to run etc. But he sort of retracted it later I think.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Help, I need a paper bag to breathe into. Do we have a hyperventilating smilie?

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 maryrae, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Tonight, I feel the same way I felt when I was twelve and saw my Washington Redskins, my childhood heroes, lose the Superbowl. Pretty deflated.

I respect both Huck and his decision and am glad he didn't do something that he felt the Lord was not leading him to do. But I really wish he were running.

Right after the broadcast, I had to call FirstCoastTerp to get the disappointment off my chest. I was looking forward to campaigning with you guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:51 pm 
General

Liked: 52
TheValuesVoter wrote:
I was looking forward to campaigning with you guys.

Me too, TVV, me too. So sad. Glad you had Ken to talk to. Even though we could all stick around here somewhat now and then, I'll miss the good "virtual" friendships we've had - for 3 years or so now. :(

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I was looking forward to meeting and campaigning with everyone here too. Yes, I feel... heartbroken, someway. I'm a political junkie and I always thought Huckabee would run again. I have really followed his every step since December 2007. I know many of you have followed him even longer.

Feeling tired, but don't want to sleep. Just want to think, ponder, make some sense out of it.

Remember how someone said that telling us he won't run after all this hype is like asking your girlfriend out for Valentine's day, telling her you have a special message to her, and then leaning over the table saying "I think I want to be single"... that's actually how it feels. Did Huckabee understand what he was doing when he hyped this thing? Why, governor, why?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I'm very deflated. I need to really remember to lean on my faith and the knowledge that God is bigger then American politics. At this point I'm resigning myself to 4 more years of Obama. There are some candidates I would feel comfortable supporting but none of them have what it takes to beat Obama. Unless someone else jumps in I will probably support Cain, Pawlenty or Daniels. Gonna have to research and pray over the choices. I don't believe any of them have a chance against Obama but I have to vote for someone. If I get convinced enough by a candidate I'll go to the caucus, if not I'll sit this one out. CO is practically irrelevant in the nominating process anyhow.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
Hello! All posts between 8:42 and 10:45 seem to have disappeared from what I can see on my computer? Net Gremlins?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:00 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
juditupp wrote:
I'm very deflated. I need to really remember to lean on my faith and the knowledge that God is bigger then American politics. At this point I'm resigning myself to 4 more years of Obama. There are some candidates I would feel comfortable supporting but none of them have what it takes to beat Obama. Unless someone else jumps in I will probably support Cain, Pawlenty or Daniels. Gonna have to research and pray over the choices. I don't believe any of them have a chance against Obama but I have to vote for someone. If I get convinced enough by a candidate I'll go to the caucus, if not I'll sit this one out. CO is practically irrelevant in the nominating process anyhow.

I would say support a candidate who has had or would have a good working relationship with Huckabee and would consider him as a possibility as a running mate.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:02 pm 

Liked: 57
Does anyone have any insight if Huckabee is going to try to get a daily tv show?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
Still shell shocked. This is like a cross between being dumped by my girlfriend, finding out my winning lottery ticket was a number off, hearing that my major stock investment just went down the drain, seeing my Arkansas Razorbacks lose the national championship basketball game, and seeing the White House go to another Democrat. Unbelievable! Almost so unbelievable that I don't believe it. Remember when he changed his mind about running the negative Romney ad? Wishful thinking...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I am so sad and heartbroken for our country because I believe Huckabee's decision just gave us another Obama term. As I said last week when I heard Governor Huckabee speaking in an interview, he just didn't seem to have the "fire in the belly" kind of drive that he had in '08. It certainly will take that from someone to beat Obama. I am going to miss everyone on here. I was looking forward to working with all of you and, I guess now we will all be going in different directions supporting different candidates.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:47 am 
Major General

Liked: 23
Being a member in this wonderful army of like minded voters and Huckabee advocates has provided me with inspiration, education and comfort that I greatly needed. I am grateful to the HA founders, web site leaders and all the active members for their hard work, creativity and faithfulness to a great cause. I will continue to be a member of HuckPAC for as long as it exists, a supporter of Mike's TV & Radio programs, and involved in my local TEA party and Republican Women's Club. Thanks to All and God Bless !!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:38 am 

Liked: 0
i'd been dreading this day for some time, and have given much thought as to who I would align myself with in this event. I was really looking forward to GH 2012. As they say, everything happens for a reason.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
sandra wrote:
Being a member in this wonderful army of like minded voters and Huckabee advocates has provided me with inspiration, education and comfort that I greatly needed. I am grateful to the HA founders, web site leaders and all the active members for their hard work, creativity and faithfulness to a great cause. I will continue to be a member of HuckPAC for as long as it exists, a supporter of Mike's TV & Radio programs, and involved in my local TEA party and Republican Women's Club. Thanks to All and God Bless !!

Love you all! We need to have a way to stay in touch, and Huck's Army will not need to go away, either. Please stick around awhile, for there is much to discuss and ponder in the days ahead.

We are still the same people. Our concerns are still as strong. We can help one another process this grief and anger. Most importantly, we still have a continuing battle to help social, fiscal, and national security candidates to win. There is just far too much to lose not to keep trying to save this nation and its freedom for our children.

I felt, too, that Huckabee was almost our country's last and best hope. That he is the only one to beat Obama. But God knows what is true. He is still in charge. There may be a better candidate (hard to imagine!) or there may be another time.

I want to see what Mike has to say today on Chris Wallace's Fox News Sunday show. Let's give him the chance to explain, if not there, later. It seems Huckabee just did not have the fire to run this time. He did say earlier that he would do whatever the country called him to do, and that might mean to run for President. Maybe he has not completely closed the door to a Vice Presidential run or to a later Presidential one or to being drafted sometime.

The greater we love someone, the greater we are hurt. But REAL LOVE will not give up.

Quote:
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames but have not love, I gain nothing.
For love is patient, love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not rejoice in evil but rejoices in the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies they will cease.
Where there are tongues they will be stilled.
Where there is knowledge it will all pass away.
(I Corinthians 13:3-8)

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, janelles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next