Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Let's use this forum as the thread for the live discussion of Gov. Huckabee's decision tonight during his show.

Share the link to this forum on your email list, on your FB page and with your Twitter account.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:05 am 

Liked: 152
From another thread:

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Here are some links that were provided in the Huckannouncement thread above so no one has to try to go find them in that 17 pages & growing thread! :lol:

http://www.zahitv.com/2010/07/watch-fox-news-live/

http://www.freetv-watch.com/usa/fox-news.html

http://www.seeon.tv/view/11073/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
I would highly suggest for posterity that the title that has the word "Discission" be amended to "Decision".

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:22 am 
Colonel

Liked: 17
Or Huckabee Show Discussion Forum :lol:

Just saw this on politico:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54974.html

Quote:
Rollins told POLITICO Saturday morning that he'd gotten an email from Huckabee Friday night, that he assumed went to other advisers and friends as well.

The note was "sort of offering the excuse why he couldn't tell us and to tune in for the show where he will announce his plans," Rollins said in an email, calling it a "nice note" but saying it was "only adding to the confusion."

Quote:
When the hosts tried to tease out which way he's headed in his own announcement by asking if he could see himself supporting any of them, Huckabee coyly replied, "Why would I support someone else if I were running?"

Post by sherri79 has received Likes: 4 Craig88USC, GrannyT, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:25 am 

sherri79 wrote:
Or Huckabee Show Discussion Forum :lol:

Just saw this on politico:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54974.html

Quote:
Rollins told POLITICO Saturday morning that he'd gotten an email from Huckabee Friday night, that he assumed went to other advisers and friends as well.

The note was "sort of offering the excuse why he couldn't tell us and to tune in for the show where he will announce his plans," Rollins said in an email, calling it a "nice note" but saying it was "only adding to the confusion."

Quote:
When the hosts tried to tease out which way he's headed in his own announcement by asking if he could see himself supporting any of them, Huckabee coyly replied, "Why would I support someone else if I were running?"

:floor
Ed is one of the many political pundits that are confused. I wonder if that was Mike's way of telling him he stuck his foot in his mouth yesterday. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:39 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
Call me crazy but I would suggest that the email Huckabee sent to them would strongly suggest that he is going to run. It would make sense that he didn't tell them because maybe there was some legal obligation to Fox News to not tell anyone before he actually announces on his show (if he told people before he announces, then maybe they would run into legal issues). A confusing email says that it's not that Huckabee didn't tell them because he wasn't going to run, but because he couldn't tell them if he was going to run. If he wasn't going to run then there would be no reason he couldn't tell them all after this confusion we've already had, right?

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
NJ Huck Supporter wrote:
Call me crazy but I would suggest that the email Huckabee sent to them would strongly suggest that he is going to run. It would make sense that he didn't tell them because maybe there was some legal obligation to Fox News to not tell anyone before he actually announces on his show (if he told people before he announces, then maybe they would run into legal issues). A confusing email says that it's not that Huckabee didn't tell them because he wasn't going to run, but because he couldn't tell them if he was going to run. If he wasn't going to run then there would be no reason he couldn't tell them all after this confusion we've already had, right?

Just keeping his word. I'm trying to remember which show it was where he plainly said that he would announce on his own show on Fox News if he ran. Was it last week's Huckabee? Also, I wish I had that quote of his comment he made this morning on Fox and Friends, while barely restraining laughter: Something about no one believing him all the weeks when he said he had not decided whether to run for President. ("Oh yes, he has. He is just trying to stall, etc.") Now that he has made a decision, they don't believe he really has.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:55 pm 
Sergeant

NJ Huck Supporter wrote:

I'm confused.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:19 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
He said there could be legal implications. That's enough. Even though he didn't technically say he was running, what other scenarios are there legal implications? It was his way of telling his supporters without "telling" them.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Strongly, strongly suggesting he is jumping in or, at least beginning an exploratory committee, which is the first step to jumping in.

Two very important giveaways:

He references "potential legal implications" -- legal implications are potential if -- and only if -- he announces that he is running on his own show. If he is taking himself out, no one cares, least of all the FEC or other 2012 rivals

Two: He says, once I pull the trigger, things will only get crazier.

We all know that his withdrawal will be a deflation -- there will be no craziness -- at least not for him.

My guess remains very strong: He is either outright jumping in -- or announcing the beginning of an exploratory committee (basically means he is going in) and in the very near future, total commitment.

I am so excited.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
So the question at this point is: will he announce an exploratory committee or will he announce a definitive yes?

Not knowing the actual legal implications one way or the other, I am simply going to go with the obvious - he'll get more media mileage out the exploratory committee plus announcement route so that would make the most sense to me.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 pm 
Sergeant

The fantasies of quite a few people at race42012 crack me up. The emerging consensus from thinking it is an announcement to endorse somebody. At least that's an upgrade from the assertation earlier that it was a nay announcement. They are just not willing to entertain the motion that it is a yea announcement.

No matter, I'll enjoy rubbing their faces in a heaping plate of crow tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Hey guys, I'm plastering this link in a bunch of the threads, but I think it's important and I want to make sure no one misses it.

Tonight's going to be a HUGE opportunity to grow HucksArmy, as I'm guessing we'll more guests here than usual without even having to do anything. If you want to help us bring in even more guests tonight and turn those guests into new recruits, check out the thread I just posted:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25275

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:06 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
Yeah the folks over at race42012 are absurd. They twist things until reality is unrecognizable just because they don't want Huckabee to run.

My prediction is that he'll announce that tonight is his final show. Then, next week he'll jump in the race. He won't announce tonight due to legal issues.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I would lean that direction except that he specifically said that he will reveal his intentions for 2012 tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Share this link for live discussion during "Huckabee" tonight!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 pm 

Steadfast wrote:
Share this link for live discussion during "Huckabee" tonight!

I posted the link to this thread on my facebook page. Let's be sure to keep this thread active.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:59 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
I wonder who will be in attendance tonight for the announcement. You think any of the Governor’s advisors made last minute arrangements to attend the show tonight?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:06 pm 

McFox wrote:
I wonder who will be in attendance tonight for the announcement. You think any of the Governor’s advisors made last minute arrangements to attend the show tonight?

The show was taped earlier. Only the announcement will be live.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I am so nervous AND excited. Can't wait to put my Huckabee for President signs back out in the yard.....Just hope we won't all be disappointed. I really can't even imagine the presidential elections without Governor Hucakbee there.

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, Steadfast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next